Author Topic: The yellow plague...  (Read 24549 times)

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Re: The yellow plague...
« Reply #15 on: March 18, 2007, 08:35 PM »
Maybe a couple months?  Maybe a couple years - it's tough to say.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 21, 2007, 02:27 PM »
Oh crap, it will fade figures?  Son of a _____________!!!!

I've almost got the basement finished for my "ugraded" Star Wars room and put in fluorescent lights.  Just great.  I don't have time to take them out and redo my whole ceiling.  I'll have to get a couple lava lamps I suppose.  Thanks for the information though... much appreciated.

As for bleach, I tried it and it didn't seem to help.  I diluted it with about 75% bleach, 25% water and it didn't seem to affect a Stormtrooper at all... my VOTC Stormies aren't yellow at all, just seems that Hasbro used a brighter white for the Evolution Stormies and I wanted to match them up a bit better.

:P

Offline JangoTat

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 1, 2007, 12:24 PM »
well atleast my figures are not directly under the light and are in a shelf beside it. im just surprised my spiderman toys havent started yellowing because they are right under it :S
School has been on strike all month. so much for the summer job I was hoping to get D:

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 1, 2007, 01:09 PM »
well atleast my figures are not directly under the light and are in a shelf beside it. im just surprised my spiderman toys havent started yellowing because they are right under it :S

They would have to be white.  So, it really comes as no surprise that they are safe.
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline JangoTat

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 1, 2007, 02:36 PM »

They would have to be white.  So, it really comes as no surprise that they are safe.

well chameleon and punisher(the logo) and i got a couple of other guys that have white on them. thats what i ment. not just the spidey figures.
School has been on strike all month. so much for the summer job I was hoping to get D:

Offline DoctorPadawan

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Get that poison out of your system
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 17, 2007, 04:43 PM »
I did a run-through of my figures a few days ago and ran across a couple that had started to go green, and perhaps not surprisingly, they were both from 2002 and 2003:  the aforementioned Saga '03 Snowtrooper, whose kama and helmet, like Chewie's, had turned lime green, and the 2002 electronic R2-D2 (the one that came with the Kouhuns), whose legs (but not body or feet) had turned the same green color.  I was able to get the R2 green gunk off with Goo Gone, but the Snowtrooper has not been so lucky. 

I keep my figures in Plano tackle boxes and out of light, and those were the only two figures that had shown any serious deterioration in white portions.  The 2003 McQuarrie Stormtrooper was yellowing slightly, but not terribly bad, and definitely wasn't turning green.  :-\

Offline no-wan

• Youngling
  • I Warn You Not to Under Estimate my Power !!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 25, 2007, 09:22 PM »
Ever try using Armor All.  ;)
The New Sandcrawler Workshop

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 1, 2007, 08:10 PM »
Spraying them down with chemicals like armor all can't possibly be a good idea for long term preservation - even if it's a nice way to bring back the shine in your dashboard.

Then again, I'm no chemist.

Offline Smartypants1635

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
    • Sith empire
« Reply #23 on: July 2, 2007, 03:02 PM »
Twas a joke, get it armor all. Its stormtrooper armor

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 3, 2007, 01:52 AM »
Rob makes a good point regardless.  I've always wondered what Goo Gone will do to the plastic over time.  :-\

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 4, 2007, 12:43 AM »
Twas a joke, get it armor all.

Sorry, don't get it.

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 9, 2007, 11:28 PM »
Twas a joke, get it armor all.

Sorry, don't get it.

In other words, he's got "armor".  Like stormtrooper armor, to deflect blasts.  "Armor All" cleans.  Cleans stormtrooper armor.

Yeah.
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline Smartypants1635

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
    • Sith empire
« Reply #27 on: July 13, 2007, 07:53 PM »
There we go, dressel got it.

Offline manglord

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 23, 2007, 10:13 PM »
Try a product called "Novus", I would suggest the one with the red label. Novus is a plastic polish available in 2 grits and if you buy a set it will include a bottle of anti static liquid polish that will keep your yellowed trooper looking good for a long time. i have yet to try it, but i have polished scratches out of clear plastic with the stuff.

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #29 on: July 29, 2021, 05:14 PM »
This is the way.

I have spoken.