Author Topic: Actual Star Wars "fan" figure ????  (Read 2884 times)

Offline bobafett14

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • Pennsylvania Star Wars Collectors Society
Actual Star Wars "fan" figure ????
« on: December 20, 2005, 11:53 AM »
For a 30th Anniversary I would love more than anything to see a Star Wars actual "fan" figure.

A person wearing a simple black T-shirt with the gold "Star Wars" logo would be phenominal.  (and I'd like to see one person post that they honestly wouldn't buy it)

-or-

a 2 pack of a father and his son both wearing SW t-shirts and maybe the kid is holding a SW action figure or something.  As far as a "stand alone" figure, not too much excitement, but man what a wonderful figure for collectors everywhere.

-looking to capitalize and make a few $$$$ Hasbro?

Make a few variations...like a female version or different nationalities.

-or-

a fan dressed in 70's garb, holding a vintage figure and a fan dressed in 2000's garb holding a modern figure.  A 70's fan with the typical poster art t-shirt and bell-bottoms would be great, and a 2007 fan with a black t-shirt and jeans would be neat.

pack them facing forward but heads turned looking at each other, or,  make the 70's one a kid, and the 2007 one the adult 30 something version of the same kid.  It's the ULTIMATE nod to the collector of 30 years !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

and boy if Hasbro gave me credit for it...I'd just pee my pants.   :o

Cardback....Mann's Chineese theater.  on the back, have "Star Wars through the years" on top, and there could be an homage to the Sw fan/collector with stats on all the merchandise bought all over the world, and how many action figures have been produced to date, how many tickets have been sold, etc.

Even SW fans that are non-collectors would suck these up!!!!!!!
« Last Edit: December 20, 2005, 11:54 AM by bobafett14 »
Star Wars and toy Collector since 1978(age 7).  currently over 6,500 SW items in my personal collection. Collect modern/vintage and everything in-between ;^)

Offline bobafett14

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
Re: Actual Star Wars "fan" figure ????
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2005, 12:00 PM »
Forgot...

I'd also like to see a standard plain one that could be purchased, and also one that you would probably have to pay a few $ more for...  a customizable one that you could send your name in and they would personalize and send back to you.

or...

How cool would it be if you could also send a picture of yourself in and they could print it on the cardback and send it to you?  I'd pay $30 for it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  (you know you would too)

Sigh, I still wish they would hire me......  but then again, why would they?  They get all my good ideas for free!   ;D

Please, tell me it wouldn't be THE centerpice of your collection !!!!!!!!!!!!
Tell me you wouldn't want to compare figs with your collecting buds !!!!!!!!!!

Tell me everyone wouldn't be posting pics all over the boards of thier custom fig!!!!!!!!

this has the potential of being one of the HOTTEST and biggest selling SW figures of all time !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

EDIT:  I had to cut the exclamations down Bob, they throw the page width off when you do that just for future reference.  JJ
« Last Edit: December 21, 2005, 01:20 AM by Jesse James »
Star Wars and toy Collector since 1978(age 7).  currently over 6,500 SW items in my personal collection. Collect modern/vintage and everything in-between ;^)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2005, 01:24 AM »
Hmmm, it's a different idea...  It's been done in customizing though Bob so I wouldn't say it's TOO new.  :)  I think Hasbro reps may have even seen some of the work at C3 actually.

While it's interesting though, I'm so anal about getting "this or that" done in the line that there's things I'd certainly want more...  New stuff from the films (actually mostly resculpts at this point with me...  Short of a couple weird aliens).

It's a cool idea though, and kind of novel, but Hasbro's seemingly wishy washy about non-film figures...  There's been talk about like a figure of Sansweet or whatnot and I believe Sansweet's said the company wasn't into that idea so much as making people as a character in SW... 

Don't we have a figure though?  The Comic Book Guy from the Simpsons has a figure.   ;D  hehe j/k of course, he's the scalper's action figure...  Thought I'd throw some laughs in, hah.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline bobafett14

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2005, 02:56 AM »
but you know you'd buy one....and everyone else would too.
 ;)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2005, 03:02 AM »
Hmmm, actually I don't know that I would, haha...  Like if it's $30, I'm out I can guarantee it.  I'd never pay $30 for Star Wars figures since I actually could literally produce them cheaper for myself at that price...

$10 I'd maybe do that.  Like as an exclusive generic kind of thing, but definitely wouldn't want involved in a series though...  It's too far removed from the basic line for me to bite on any series like the chromed figures were (hell they were tough to bite on, haha)...  I'd consider one sort of generic one though...  At a reasonable price and with nice packaging (for $10 I'd need some spiffy packaging that separates this figure visually from the basic line).  I like the idea of the Chinese Theater in the background, that's cool.  I like the idea of him holding a SW figure accessory too for some reason, that's funny.  A 12" Vader toy would be perfect I think.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2005, 11:14 AM »
The idea has some merit. I could be similar to the thing that GG sometimes does at Comi-con, hold raffles to have people win a stormtrooper bust of themselves.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."