Author Topic: Death Star Survivors?  (Read 10578 times)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
Re: Death Star Survivors?
« Reply #15 on: May 14, 2003, 01:43 PM »
there were probably even MORE from the Death Star II

Oh yeah, I think a possible majority got off the DSII before it blew...  They were haulin' butt while Luke was still dragging his old man along the floor.

Mama didn't raise no fools in the Empire...  Not after the 1st batch of fools anyway.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Vator

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 22, 2003, 05:01 AM »
I have always thought that some made it off,the torpedo had to have moved fast enough for the fighter to get away.

Same goes with the Executor,some must have gotten off the ship,but not Piet,he implodes :(,it was a long way away from the death star and most of the ship was undamaged.

Death Star 2 had people jumping ship left and right,and on DSI,why were all those troopers and officers running around?Patrols,or evacuations?

And I think that DSII was an easy shot,there is no way that all the crews were trained by the time of the attack.
- June 22, 2004 12:13 AM -

Offline Paul

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 30, 2003, 09:44 PM »
Ok, I'd say that there were probably survivors from the Death Star...wouldn't they have recovery shuttles out getting Pilots or even Prisoners from the Starfighter battles?  Also what of the other Tie Fighters that Aren't in the Trench?  There might be a few more fighters around the place.

The "dramatic effect" argument works for me...we don't know how fast it took the whole thing to meltdown and explode.  But I wouldn't want to be the guy that Jumped ship and then come to find out, it was just a minor explosion and there I am running like a coward when Yavin IV blew up...

Tarkin: "Mundheim, why are you out in a shuttle with all the fine Silverware from the Officer's mess?"

Mundheim: "Sir, I brought it out to clean it for the Celebration of your victory of course, oh hi Lord Vader, I uh ...gurgle...."

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #18 on: July 31, 2003, 02:37 AM »
hehe, that's funny...

If you played the level in Force Commander where you wipe out the remnant rebel forces, and picked up Col. Veers' downed shuttle, you'd dig the idea that more people could've escaped...

And I agree, the # of TIE's left out there would leave some pilots to survive possibly as well, and then some who knew of the imminent destruction may have hauled butt off in a shuttle (And the idea of rescue shuttles for pilots is a good idea too, for more survivors).

Could've been in the 100's even, for survivors...

FC has some very "realistic" combat engagements that make for itneresting questions on the movies I think.  That's why I brought this topic up some time ago.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77