Author Topic: What is Your Favorite "Other SW Collectible"?  (Read 11371 times)

Offline Rod

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
Re: What's the Favorite part of your collection?
« Reply #30 on: April 16, 2005, 12:14 AM »
Hands down my complete Gentle Giant mini-bust collection.

No other collectibles bring chills to my bones when I see them nicely displayed in my studio......

Also helps that these are "non-toy looking" enough that my wife allows me to display them where guests might see them.... ;) Anything toy looking I display she gives me the evil eyes....LOL

Offline jokabofe

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 17, 2005, 11:55 PM »
Without taking weeks of pondering this question, the thing that immediately jumps to mind is my poster collection. I don't have anything exceptionally rare or valuable, but I do have close to 75 different posters. Of course, there are a total of 5 hanging on my walls, and the rest are all rolled up under my bed. But it's still the favorite part of my collection.

If I had to pick something else, it would be my 21-back Boba Fett card. Opened, obviously, but it's in excellent shape, and it rocks.

Offline Mini-Rock

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 24, 2005, 08:55 PM »
I guess my favorite part of my collection would be HERE, HERE, and HERE! I think that's all of it. :)
« Last Edit: April 24, 2005, 11:57 PM by Mini-Rock »

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #33 on: April 24, 2005, 10:18 PM »
Wow, this is really tough. I dont know. I think my favorite part has to be soemthing i hated as a kid and didnt want for some reason. It would have to be eithe rmy MOC set of Droids and Ewoks or my POTF coins set. These are things i went back and got becuase i really wanted them and it was not easy, especially the coin set.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

SilverZ

Re: What is Your Favorite "Other SW Collectible"?
« Reply #34 on: June 13, 2005, 03:13 AM »
But I think Shannon just may have reminded me what my all-time favorite Other Collectible just might be...  The vintage Burger King glasses.  Such nostalgia and wonderful memories with those! 

Do we not have a dedicated thread for these guys?

I managed to unearth my original glasses in a box while visiting my mom in WA last week. I have x2 Jabba/Leia, x2 Luke/Vader, and x1 Ewok ROTJ glasses, and a lone ESB Vader/Fett. The rest have been lost over the years, either by being dropped during use, or in the dishwasher (eegads), but the ones that have survived are in great shape.

Talk about nostalgia! These things were in use in my house long, long after the movies came and went, and in some ways are almost more familiar than the movies. I used to use these every damn day. They were the only glasses I used!

Now I'm in going to have to fill out the collection. I see there's quite a few on ebay at the moment, and the prices aren't really bad at all. I just paid 4.99 for the remaining ROTJ cup. There seem to be a lot of complete sets up there, and picking through the auctions for individual glasses looks to be my biggest challenge.

Oh, and in the same box were some 1978 Taco Bell Superman: The Movie glasses, too. Sweet.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 13, 2005, 08:53 AM »
I have a lot of fond memories of the BK glasses as well, and they are probably one of my favorite parts of my collection.  I've been slowly working at picking up the originals again, since the ones from my childhood are in "less than mint" condition to say the least.  We got major use out of these, they went through the dishwasher, etc., so they got worn.  I remember using these all the time though.  I've always been a fan of the "painted glasses" overall.  I know we had a few others at our house as well, superheroes, "Camp Snoopy", and some Looney Toons ones, but I think those have been broken/lost since I moved out/went to college.  Definitely one of my favorite Star Wars collectibles though, and one of the reasons I've really enjoyed the new Target cups...even if they are plastic.  Just need to find a good deal on the first set of vintage glasses, and I'll be all caught up.  I think I ended up paying about $15 (including shipping) for each of the ROTJ and ESB sets, so I was happy with that.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 14, 2006, 12:30 PM »
Just wanted to bring up this thread from last year, to see if anyone's opinions have changed on what is their favorite "other collectible" from the Star Wars world.  I guess I'm thinking more of the active lines now, and what you are most interested in.  It seems like the Sideshow 12" line is getting a lot of attention now, and might be many people's favorite.  Its looking like I might have to cut back to collecting just the Hasbro stuff, and staying away from higher end stuff - or if there is anything higher end, its going to have to be just one line and limited.  I'd probably have to pick between the Gentle Giant mini busts and the Sideshow 12" line, those just both seem to be quality products (although I don't have any 12" figures yet).  Maybe I should just forget both of those, save up, and finally get a few of those Master Replicas pieces I've always wanted :).

Aside from the higher end stuff, I guess the "other" collectibles (from the Star Wars Universe) I currently buy are the Galactic Heroes and Unleashed (large scale).  Who knows how much longer we'll see new figures in the Unleashed line (if ever), and the Galactic Heroes are fortunately pretty inexpensive.  I've also picked up a few bust ups, but will probably have to drop those aside from the upcoming Clone Wars animated ones and the Cantina Han (from the Mos Eisley wave) if I can find it individually.  The Han/Luke Stormtroopers look neat as well.  Anyways, what line or lines interest you the most at this point - especially with more and more people slowly moving away from the mass market stuff it seems.

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #37 on: August 14, 2006, 02:00 PM »
The Sideshow and Kubricks are fighting for the number one spot to be honest. I think the 4" figures have dropped a bit. I still love them, but have been more excited with the other lines.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline jkno

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 30, 2006, 07:30 AM »
I'm an Action Fleet and MicroMachines collector. For me the regular action figures are the "other" collectibles. But I don't collect SW figs, just have a few I like.

Instead I started collecting Kotobukiya Imperials and droids (the R2/C-3PO set is on pre-order). Not interested in Koto PT statues not even in clones as well as I'm not interested in the Jedi or other Koto statues. Just Imperials and droids for me. ;)

And I'll pass on the Gentle Giant busts. They are nice but I was never interested in them, they are just half a figure...  I'm sure there somewhere in this universe are thousands of legs waiting to be attached to the GG busts ;D

Offline Dan

• Jedi Knight
  • Got some
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 30, 2006, 11:03 AM »
Kubricks and medicom superdeformed are getting my attention and money these days.
As much as I like the 3 3/4 line, there isn't enough new and exciting to keep me going. I posted a long rant about playsets in the Hey Hasbro! thread, so I won't repeat it here.
So bricky little SW figures from japan (particlularly imperials) are my favorite "other", and have been for few years.

Offline Artoo

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Lucky catch
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 31, 2006, 07:28 PM »
The VCD guys they look cool, well once I get them.
KAY-BEE STANDARD RESPONSE:  "All we have is 1990's 'Robocop' toys."
WHICH MEANS:  "Holy ******* ****, please shoot m

Offline Crackbrick

• Jedi Padawan
  • Crackbrickhead
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 2, 2006, 02:15 AM »
Gotta be Krackbricks.
Just about all I collect now.

Crack

I Dream of Yumbos...