Author Topic: Star Wars Posters  (Read 116966 times)

Offline Darthshader

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • TradeFederation.net
Re: Star Wars Posters
« Reply #45 on: November 9, 2004, 07:31 AM »
Tydirium,

How big was this poster? 

This poster showed up from SWS.com today:

Offline bobafett14

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • Pennsylvania Star Wars Collectors Society
« Reply #46 on: November 10, 2004, 10:03 AM »
Here's a link to the autographed poster I take around with me.  Over 2 doz. original cast/crew (more now than when the pic was taken) I've since had Irvin Kirshner and a few others added.

Hope the link works:

http://www.pswcs.com/graphics/meetings/year03/20030426-08.JPG

It's a retail TXH poster mailed out to a handful of stores for the release of the Trilogy VHS in THX.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2004, 10:06 AM by bobafett14 »
Star Wars and toy Collector since 1978(age 7).  currently over 6,500 SW items in my personal collection. Collect modern/vintage and everything in-between ;^)

Offline Darthshader

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • TradeFederation.net
« Reply #47 on: November 10, 2004, 12:21 PM »
Very cool, BobaFett14! I have something similar myself. How do you display yours, or do you keep it in a tube for now? (always a work in progress..) ;)

Offline bobafett14

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: November 11, 2004, 06:36 PM »
No, custom black frame, but I can still take the poster out for the conventions.

Star Wars and toy Collector since 1978(age 7).  currently over 6,500 SW items in my personal collection. Collect modern/vintage and everything in-between ;^)

Offline bobafett14

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: November 12, 2004, 11:16 PM »
Let's see, this kinda shows the framed poster in the basement:

http://www.pswcs.com/graphics/meetings/year05/20040925-06.JPG

It's in the back behind the wood post.  None of the guys in the pic is me. ;^)
« Last Edit: November 12, 2004, 11:20 PM by bobafett14 »

SilverZ

« Reply #50 on: November 13, 2004, 02:36 AM »
It's close to a standard 27" x 41" (don't recall exact measurements) in landscape on thicker paper.

Tydirium,

How big was this poster? 

SilverZ

« Reply #51 on: November 18, 2004, 03:40 AM »
Anyone get a crack at the vinyl teaser poster at SWS.com? I guess they went up this morning (Wednesday) and I just only now found out. Now there's just "item not available." I'm extremely pissed, since I have the other two vinyls from TPM and AOTC.  >:(

EDIT: NM, they posted it again today. I can go on living.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2004, 03:30 PM by Tydirium »

Offline jokabofe

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: November 18, 2004, 10:26 PM »
Oh man, I feel horrible now. I was gonna pm you about that going up Jared, but figured you'd see it by yourself...  :-\

Sorry

Offline jokabofe

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: November 19, 2004, 08:41 AM »
Now it's showing up as able to be added to your cart again... better hurry Jared :)

SilverZ

« Reply #54 on: November 19, 2004, 03:32 PM »
Yep, got it secured!  Let's see how they can damage vinyl when the ship it. 8)

Offline jokabofe

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: November 20, 2004, 10:25 AM »
Anybody know anything about a hologram version of the Wal*Mart exclusive posters that were given out for the release of the Trilogy DVD sets? A buddy of mine is telling me that there were some limited edition posters made up in that set that were holograms... I've never seen/heard of anything like this, but if they are out there, I need to have them!!

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
  • Who watches The Famine?
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: November 20, 2004, 01:11 PM »
Does anyone have the Clone Wars Durge poster?

Kevin
The picture kept, will remind me...

SilverZ

« Reply #57 on: December 16, 2004, 04:16 PM »
So I finally recieved the vinyl banner from SWS. It's actually a vertical layout, unlike the TPM and AOTC ones. It's basically an 8 foot high version of the teaser poster on vinyl.  :-\

I'm glad to have it simply to say I have a complete set of prequel banners, but yeash, I really don't like that artwork still.

SilverZ

« Reply #58 on: February 1, 2005, 04:12 PM »
And it appears there's a giant 15x10' roadblock up to my complete set of PT banners:

Own a piece of history! These are the actual huge, horizontal banners that were hung in a limited number of movie theaters across North America. Now they're available in very limited numbers exclusively at StarWarsShop.com. This is not a reprint, but the actual vinyl banner--15 feet wide by 10 feet high--that you saw hanging in a theater in your galaxy. There will be some wear or slight damage, so each banner is sold as is and on a non-returnable basis.

Be one of the very few to own the movie-going public's first general introduction to Star Wars: Episode III Revenge of the Sith. This theatrical teaser banner boldly conveys the main theme and spirit of the film: the transformation of the heroic young Jedi Anakin Skywalker into Darth Vader. The dark cloud of his future is represented by the flowing cloak with features of the Dark Lord he is to become. Those features are even more pronounced than the shadow that attached to Anakin as a young boy on the teaser poster for Star Wars Episode I. Get this one while you can! Limit of one per customer.
[/i]

I'm still not big on the poster design, but I'm such a completist I couldn't not order it. And after the last banner showed up as a vertical design, this one is closer to what I wanted in the first place.

Offline RebelRoss0587

• Youngling
  • I'm a rebel.
    • View Profile
Star Wars Episode III ROTS Theatrical Poster
« Reply #59 on: March 8, 2005, 09:11 PM »
Hey guys, here is the official Star Wars Episode III Revenge of the Sith poster that just came out mere moments ago. What do you guys think of it? I've heard mixed reports, but I really like it.

http://www.starwars.com/episode-iii/release/promo/news20050308.html

Also, here is where you can buy it so you can put it up in your room like I am. 

http://shop.starwars.com/?&ReferrerID=CJADBN-00001

Pretty cool stuff. This has been a pretty good week for Star Wars and the trailer is still coming out in only 2 days!
« Last Edit: March 8, 2005, 09:33 PM by Jesse James »