Author Topic: Star Wars Posters  (Read 116947 times)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
Re: Star Wars Episode III ROTS Theatrical Poster
« Reply #60 on: March 8, 2005, 09:37 PM »
Just moved ya over here where you belong, thanks!
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: March 8, 2005, 10:17 PM »
I think it looks awesome - love how Vader takes up such a large part of it.

:P

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
  • Who watches The Famine?
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: March 8, 2005, 10:37 PM »
It looks very Empire. I don't look how mean Obi Wan looks. :-\

Kevin
The picture kept, will remind me...

Offline DoctorPadawan

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Get that poison out of your system
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: March 26, 2005, 03:54 PM »
I forgot to post and let everyone know that my poster arrived via FedEx yesterday.  Completely disproving my "FedEx doesn't give a ****" part of a post in another forum, the fine FedEx delivery person not only left me a note to let me know he had been there, but he also left the poster with my very kind next door neighbor.  So, even though neither of them will ever read these words, my hat goes off to each! :)

Anyway, the poster itself came rolled in a rather sturdy cardboard tube that had a huge "FRAGILE" sticker (I guess it was from France) attached, and the poster itself was in perfect condition.  I was a little scared about its condition, given that every story I've read about SWS and posters usually involved the words "ripped", "wrinkled", "crushed", or "aflame" in some capacity, but I was pleasantly surprised to see the same level of care in packing this poster as I saw with the Episode I teaser and theatrical posters back in the day when Dan Madsen's group was running the Fan Club.

I haven't hung it on the wall yet (due to the space on my wall, I may have to move it and the other two prequel posters to the rear wall as opposed to the front), but I have the frame.  I will be sure to let everyone know how everything looks all lined up when I can.

Now, to find the SE theatrical posters so I can have the complete set of six on the walls.... :)

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: March 28, 2005, 08:54 AM »
I received my poster via SWShop on Saturday as well.  I was a little concerned that it might arrived beat up, but it was in great condition.  Like said above, it came in a quite sturdy cardboard tube with FRAGILE stamped on the side.  I also ordered the newer Clone Wars poster, which was along with it.  Both were in pretty good shape, the movie poster was perfect, the Clone Wars one had a little bit of ruffling on the edges, but nothing terrible and nothing that would make me send it back.

I'm running out of wall space for all the posters I like as well.  My wife bought me framed versions of the vintage OT posters, and I really enjoy those.  Part of me would like to get the Special Edition ones, just to have all the posters in "Struzan style".  My parents then gave me the "teaser" ROTS poster for an Easter present, so I have to find a spot for that one as well.  I really enjoy the various posters, its just tough to find the space for them all.

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: March 30, 2005, 05:44 PM »
I have four of the Struzan posters framed in oak and hung in my office - still waiting on the AOTC and ROTS frames...I can post pics if anyone is interested!

BTW, is the coloring kind of dark on the displayable side of your ROTS posters?  The reversed side is printed perfectly while the flip side is really dark and just doesn't look right....??

Offline DoctorPadawan

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Get that poison out of your system
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: March 30, 2005, 10:45 PM »
BTW, is the coloring kind of dark on the displayable side of your ROTS posters?  The reversed side is printed perfectly while the flip side is really dark and just doesn't look right....??

I put mine in a frame so quick that I didn't really pay a lot of attention to the differences between the display and reverse sides other than, "hey, it's backwards!" :)

That said, the display side of the poster is actually a bit more vivid (color-wise) than the TPM and AOTC posters hanging alongside it.  I don't know how much of that has to do with the other two being hung on the wall for six and three years, respectively, but given that they were not in sunlight, that I don't smoke, or expose them to any other strange chemicals that might dull the color, I found the blatantly loud coloring of the ROTS poster to be quite a shock when they were "all lined up together."

And yes, I'd very much love to see a picture of all the posters you have framed thus far.  I was trying to explain to someone how, as cool as the prequel Struzans were, that the OT:SE posters had a more "unified" design that actually looked quite nice when side by side.  So, do post away ruiner!

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #67 on: April 4, 2005, 07:08 PM »
I should be getting mine back from the framer by Friday.  Then I have the task of moving all the other 5 posters on my living room wall to allow space for this one!
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: April 5, 2005, 04:59 PM »
Sorry for the delay - here's what I have done so far.

I just finished my basement (drywall and carpet, so you'll have to excuse the lack of base trim - it drives me nuts)!

My ANH poster is still in storage and AOTC and ROTS are being framed as we speak.  That explains why the TPM poster is next to the ESB one  :)

I'd like to display my loose figures next to each poster but I'm afraid that may not work as the posters need studs to properly hang....that leaves a lack of space for shelves...

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #69 on: April 6, 2005, 07:29 PM »
Nice pics, ruiner!  If you want to put up shelves to put loose figs under the posters, could you raise them up a bit?  I don't know how high on the wall you have them.

Mine should be back on Friday....I'll take some pictures when I have them all up.  ;D
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Re: Star Wars Posters
« Reply #70 on: June 9, 2005, 11:24 PM »
Time to bump an old thread.

I'm currently revamping our basement, and my wife suggested we use our longest wall to display 6 posters - 1 for each movie.  I certainly wasn't going to argue with that!

I've got posters for Episodes 4, 5, 6:

I'm hoping to add the "official" versions of 1, 2, 3:

Any recommendations for where to acquire them?  The only place I've ever heard of is AllPosters.com, but they don't have the Episode I poster in the full size (27" x 40").  StarWarsShop.com has virtually nothing, and most of the other common Star Wars retailers don't even carry posters.

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: July 5, 2005, 03:20 AM »
If anyone is considering buying any posters, head to AllPosters.com and use the code JY52G
to save 20%.  But you gotta be quick, the offer expires at the end of today (July 5 @ 11:59 PST).

I ordered 5 posters from them - Episodes 2 to 6.  It turns out that the posters I had are really banged up and smaller than the standard 27"x40" size that I wanted.

Now I just have to track down an Episode I poster.  Who woulda thought that would be hard?   ::)

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: July 5, 2005, 10:43 AM »
That's a cool site Jesse.  First time I've looked there and that's a lot of posters for star wars :o
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: July 5, 2005, 10:50 AM »
That's a cool site Jesse.  First time I've looked there and that's a lot of posters for star wars :o

Holy! Is that right? 21 pages of 12 images per!  :o

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: July 5, 2005, 10:51 AM »
I've got many of my Star Wars posters from AllPosters.com, and I personally have had great experiences with them.  Never any dings/rips/etc. in the posters, shipped well, and look nice.  Thanks for that code Jesse...funny, the Episode I poster is the only one I'm missing as well :P.