Author Topic: Star Wars Posters  (Read 116942 times)

Offline jokabofe

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
Re: Star Wars Posters
« Reply #30 on: September 25, 2004, 11:09 AM »
I don't know what you're talking about either  :P

Not that I'm from New Orleans or anything.... 'cause I'm not. Is it a "bootleg" poster of some sort (I'm guessing it is)?

Offline BigDumbWookiee

• Jedi Apprentice
  • It comes in pints?! I'm getting one.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 25, 2004, 05:51 PM »
If anyone can help me on this, I'd appreciate it!

I'm looking for a set of the three Star Wars DVD cover style posters (mint). They were given away at FYE with the purchase of the trilogy; not sure if there were other ways to get them.
"Of all the things to worry about, the wookiee has no pants..."

Offline jokabofe

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 25, 2004, 05:56 PM »
So that's where they were available... I kept asking my sales rep for them, and he kept looking at me like I had three heads. At least I know he wasn't lying when he said he didn't have a clue what I was talking about. Damn, now I need to track those down too....

Offline bobafett14

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • Pennsylvania Star Wars Collectors Society
« Reply #33 on: September 26, 2004, 02:41 PM »
I don't know what you're talking about either  :P

Not that I'm from New Orleans or anything.... 'cause I'm not. Is it a "bootleg" poster of some sort (I'm guessing it is)?

No it's not a licensed poster-Yoda kinda has a drunk look on his face, he's sitting on a Bourbon St. street sign.  There's a pic somewhere on gus's site, I know there were only a few hundred prints made, and last time I saw it a long time ago on ebay I think it went into the thousands.  Kind of my weird holy grail over the last year or so. I have to investigate furthur, as I don't know the number run, and what to look for for fakes and all, for the $$$ for this I wouldn't want to get a cheap copy or anything.  Definately don;t want to spend that kind of $$$ on eaby, I'd like to try and get one from a reputable source.   This is gonna be a tough one.

Star Wars and toy Collector since 1978(age 7).  currently over 6,500 SW items in my personal collection. Collect modern/vintage and everything in-between ;^)

Offline jokabofe

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 27, 2004, 09:05 PM »

Is there no poster for A New Hope? A friend of mine grabbed these two for me, but didn't get any from A New Hope. I've seen a few go on ebay, but none of the auctions include a poster from ANH?? Anybody know for sure?

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 28, 2004, 01:04 PM »
Love that ESB poster.  I'd kind of expect these to show up later as official promo releases.  Or is that unreasonable? 

Got my second STar Wars Weekend poster today.  2 down....
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Hemish

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Blah
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 30, 2004, 01:03 AM »

Got this in the mail the other day not sure if it counts as a poster but it was done by Stewart McKenny , he's done some stuff for DarkHorse
The problem with America is stupidity I'm not saying there should be a capital punishment for stupidity, but why don't we just take the safety labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself

SilverZ

« Reply #37 on: November 1, 2004, 08:17 PM »
This poster showed up from SWS.com today:

I'm pleasantly surprised with its quality - the characters are embossed so they appear raised, which was a nice touch. Came in good shape, too. Back into its mailing tube it goes for years and years now.

Is anyone else buying this wretched turd of a poster out of obligation?

I hate the design, but I caved once I saw SWS.com was offering it as a double-sided version at 19.99, and I've bought all the PT posters prior to this. I'm a complete sucker. Shovel me ****, and I'll buy it, even if I don't like it.

Offline jokabofe

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 1, 2004, 08:51 PM »
I should be getting the Trilogy Banner on Wednesday and the Ep3 Teaser on Thursday, if the tracking numbers from SWS.com are correct.

Why don't you like the teaser poster? I thuoght it was pretty cool, so I ordered one. I wanted to order the foil posters as well, but it just doesn't seem like the right thing to do since they don't have the ANH one available. What would I do with just ESB and ROTJ? I wonder why they only had those 2. And I liked those posters, almost to the point where it was actually hard for me not to order just those two. I had to convince myself that it wouldn't be worth it unless they had the complete set.

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 1, 2004, 09:33 PM »
Well, I have most of the prequel posters as well, the cheap commercially available ones anyway.  But no, I did not order that thing.  Too forced, as someone else said (no pun intended).  I loved the fake poster with Anakin and the two clone/stormtroopers and the Vader reflection in the floor and would happily own it if I could find it. 

That trilogy poster is really nice.  I cheaped out though and picked up the DVD promo poster for cheap :-\
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

SilverZ

« Reply #40 on: November 2, 2004, 08:34 PM »
This is, of course, highly subjective, but I here's why I don't like it - Forced was the best description of the Ep3 teaser. It seems to be trying really, really hard to convey an idea that probably sounded better when it was pitched than it looks in its execution.

Aside from the problem I think it has from a layout/color standpoint, there's a distinct "Photoshoppy" feel to the other PT teasers that this one doesn't have. It has a very graphic feel, like something you'd see on a book cover. It just doesn't convey that movie feel all the others do. Its just sits there, uninspired.

Offline jokabofe

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 4, 2004, 11:35 PM »
I wanted to order the foil posters as well, but it just doesn't seem like the right thing to do since they don't have the ANH one available. What would I do with just ESB and ROTJ? I wonder why they only had those 2. And I liked those posters, almost to the point where it was actually hard for me not to order just those two. I had to convince myself that it wouldn't be worth it unless they had the complete set.

Well, would you believe that tonight they suddenly found the ANH foil poster and put it up? So I run and add it to my cart, and then I figure that they will either be out of the ESB and/or the ROTJ and my chances at a set are ruined. But, what do you know... they were all listed as in stock.

ANH

ESB

ROTJ

So of course, I just had to order all three. Now, the question is... how will they arrive? Flat? Or in good shape? I don't have high hopes for this, after reading about the fiasco with the Ep3 Teaser posters being shipped out now  :-\

Offline Hemish

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Blah
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 6, 2004, 01:30 AM »
Wait till you see what Matt got in the mail ;D
The problem with America is stupidity I'm not saying there should be a capital punishment for stupidity, but why don't we just take the safety labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #43 on: November 6, 2004, 02:53 AM »
Wait till you see what Matt got in the mail ;D

Yeah, I've been meaning to share some of the poster joy that Hemish just hooked me up with (again).  Unfortunately, no visuals, since I'm still living in the 20th century and don't have a digital camera yet...   :-[

Anyway, for starters, Hemish hooked me up with the Australian exclusive Saga figure poster, which has 6 more figures on it (46) than the U.S. Saga poster does.  Plus, it's even laminated!   8)  So as far as I know, I now have ALL of the figure posters ever made - from Vintage to Modern, so that's definitely cool!

Then, I got 3 sweet "montage" posters from the AOTC DVD release, with Anakin, Yoda, and Jango as the primary characters in each one, respectively.

And finally, the mother of all posters...  Well, it's not really a poster, but more like a huge banner.  Vinyl, I think.  It's a cool Australian video store's promotional banner for the OT DVD release, with the silver and black logo of the main characters we've all seen for that promotion, and the store's EZ logo down near the bottom.  The thing is HUGE.  32" wide, by probably about 60" tall.  Just amazing!  Man, I wish I could show off some pictures of it, but I guess that's gonna have to wait just a little while.  Maybe I can dig up a similar pic on the Net somewhere...

Thanks again for the awesome stuff Hemish.  My poster collection kicks much more ass now thanks to your generous assistance.  You absolutely rock, bud!   8)

SilverZ

« Reply #44 on: November 8, 2004, 03:06 PM »
And finally, the mother of all posters...  Well, it's not really a poster, but more like a huge banner.  Vinyl, I think.  It's a cool Australian video store's promotional banner for the OT DVD release, with the silver and black logo of the main characters we've all seen for that promotion, and the store's EZ logo down near the bottom.  The thing is HUGE.  32" wide, by probably about 60" tall.  Just amazing!  Man, I wish I could show off some pictures of it, but I guess that's gonna have to wait just a little while.  Maybe I can dig up a similar pic on the Net somewhere...

Whoa, that sounds killer! I'll be needing the check that out soon, and then become extremely jealous, sir...