Author Topic: 2006 TRU Clone Wars Gunship  (Read 53237 times)

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
Re: 2006 TRU Clone Wars Gunship
« Reply #60 on: January 26, 2006, 09:39 AM »
Do I need a 4th Gunship? No. Am I going to get this one? Probably. It is cool.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

SilverZ

« Reply #61 on: January 26, 2006, 05:47 PM »
How sure?

Kevin

Pure speculation, hopes, and dreams.

Offline Quazar

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: January 27, 2006, 05:35 AM »
This is the best vehicle of the modern line!

GORGEOUS!!!  And to think I JUST got an ROTS gunship....oh, well.

And you know what - Hasbro's smart for charging so much because they know EVERYONE will want it anyway!  Brilliant, greedy bastards. 

Can't wait til spring!!!!!! 
Sith Lords Are Our Speciality

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #63 on: January 27, 2006, 06:48 AM »
The Gunship...  I honestly could give a rat's ass about it.  I do like the paintjob, but I give more praise to the CW artists than Hasbro.  That was just incredible design...  Nice pulling that from the World War 2 Flying Tiger in WW2, or the 1st Cavalry Nam Huey's...  It's rockin' looking, no doubt.

That said, my highlight was the Clones.  If they do redo ARC Troopers (I'm really hoping they do both blue and red, since a Sergeant needs his Troopers), and they do that Clone MIni-Gunner...  Man I'll wet my pants I think.  It could only be better if they did the Clone with the quad-pom-pom guns and a rocket launcher accessory.  I've been hoping they do this....  now it's close to a reality.  We need new ARC's to replace those originals. 

We need more Clone Wars (realistic sculpts) in general.  Almost the whole 1st line of figures needs redone, and articulated well.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline jedipurge

• Jedi Apprentice
  • follow me on Instagram: VadersEmpire78
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: January 27, 2006, 02:24 PM »
jesse, couldn't agree more.  i've put a halt on doing my custom ARC's until I see if they actually release these guys.
Harmless is the most dangerous of perceptions, you never expect it to strike.-Purge

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: January 27, 2006, 02:42 PM »
I never have liked the original ARC Trooper design, just too cartoonish and childish for me, here is the design I customized for an ARC Trooper.  This may not be cartoon or comic accurate... but it's much more realistic I think -

And in a way, this Gunship does have a cartoony feeling too.  I think that once I get one, it's going to need at the very least a dark wash to make it look more real.

:P

Offline Clone Hunter

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • Cybertronian Artifacts
« Reply #66 on: January 29, 2006, 07:15 PM »
I'll get one, just because. At least  didn't shell out $160 for a custom painted one.
My trade thread: http://www.jedidefender.com/yabbse/index.php?topic=10408.0
Email is your best bet to contact me.

Offline Reid

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: February 5, 2006, 11:38 AM »
I was thinking about getting this, but I don't have the room in my bacholer pad. I'll pass.

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: February 5, 2006, 12:16 PM »
The price alone makes it an easy pass for me :)

Offline Reid

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: February 5, 2006, 03:39 PM »

Yeah, $45 is highway robbery. I pee on myself when I think of how I could've picked up the ROTS one when they clearenced them at KB for $10.

Offline MetalJedi

• Jedi Knight
  • The Risk Always Lives
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: February 5, 2006, 05:02 PM »
I pee on myself when I think of how I could've picked up the ROTS one when they clearenced them at KB for $10.

When was this?
I remember my dream now.

Offline Reid

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: February 5, 2006, 05:54 PM »
I pee on myself when I think of how I could've picked up the ROTS one when they clearenced them at KB for $10.

When was this?

My KB clearenced ROTS Gunships for $10 near the beginning of November. For some reason I didn't purchase any, and I checked back after Black Friday and they were gone.

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: February 6, 2006, 09:41 AM »

Yeah, $45 is highway robbery. I pee on myself when I think of how I could've picked up the ROTS one when they clearenced them at KB for $10.

Well, if you buy the CW one, you'll still come out $5 ahead if you consider that the retail price should be $30. ;)
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g

Offline Dan

• Jedi Knight
  • Got some
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: February 12, 2006, 09:18 AM »
$45.00 is hard, but 2006 seems to be year of experimenting just how high they can go. Well, they'll get my 45 for that ship. The clone wars cartoons were a nice diversion that fit the continuity well. Like the OTC line, the CW should be finite and you can actually get one of everything without adding on or selling your home.

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: February 17, 2006, 09:41 AM »

Edit: It says figures not included, if you look really hard at the bottom left corner. It's still pretty cool, though.

Take a good look at the pilots. They look like new sculpts, so, why isn't one in the battle pack with the other clones? Perhaps these pilots are fixed to the ship.