Author Topic: Where Does Your Collection Reside?  (Read 47971 times)

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Where Does Your Collection Reside?
« on: January 26, 2006, 01:19 PM »
I was curious where most of you display (or store) your collection?  Are you lucky enough to have your own "collection room" where you do nothing but display everything in all its glory?  Do you have it in a room with something else, such as "this is our office, and I display my collection here too"?  Is it spread throughout the house, with little parts in different areas?  Or, is it packed away in storage until it can see the light of day when the ultimate display area is ready for it?

For me, the majority of my collection is in our office, in a couple of display cabinets, a bookshelf, and on some shelving I put in a closet that isn't being used in there.  Some things have a place on our desk as well, but I'm trying to keep it from being too cluttered.  There are a few things in our basement family room as well, just things like mugs, plates, and a few posters.  Other than that, its basically in our office or in rubbermaids stored away.  I've got most of it out now, although I've considered starting to pack some of it up to keep it from becoming too cluttered.  Anyways, where does your collection call home right now?

Offline bobafett14

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • Pennsylvania Star Wars Collectors Society
Re: Where Does Your Collection Reside?
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2006, 07:23 PM »
Much of my basement is taken up with SW.  My stairwells, have a bunch of carded and autographed 8X10's. (stariwells are great usually unused space for things like posters, figs(in protective cases), photos)

An upstairs bedroom is filled with stuff, upstairs hallway is also lined with figs, mid-level family room is filled with busts, vintage figs, and other stuff.  Attic is filled with stuff in storage, and my garage (gasp, yes, but no where else to put it all) has my vintage arcade game, figures, store dsiplays, and some other stuff.

http://www.photobucket.com  enter bobafett14 to search
Star Wars and toy Collector since 1978(age 7).  currently over 6,500 SW items in my personal collection. Collect modern/vintage and everything in-between ;^)

Offline CaptainAlex

• Jedi Initiate
  • It's the final countdown.....
    • View Profile
    • Captain Alex & the Shrimp Shack Shooters
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2006, 10:23 PM »
Like Bobafett14 my collection is in my basement. I have 1/2 of an unfinished basement to house my collection. I have used my stairwell for mostly Star Wars promotional wall displays and two autographs.

My deal with my wife was the stuff will not invade the rest of the house.

I'm always rearangeing and reorganizing my collection in order to get the most out of the space. I do need new lights down there though to do the collection (and the dust) justice.

There a link in my profile if anyone is interested.

And on a sidenote, Bobafett14 the lady at your side on the fist page of your album is H-O-T! And you collection is just as impressive (but not hot ;D)
Living and dying in 3/4 time....

Offline bobafett14

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • Pennsylvania Star Wars Collectors Society
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2006, 01:10 AM »
Thanks. Gonna be moving again, so hopefully, I'll have more room to display some more stuff.

Heh, yeah, met her at CIII.
Star Wars and toy Collector since 1978(age 7).  currently over 6,500 SW items in my personal collection. Collect modern/vintage and everything in-between ;^)

Offline CaptainAlex

• Jedi Initiate
  • It's the final countdown.....
    • View Profile
    • Captain Alex & the Shrimp Shack Shooters
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2006, 09:50 AM »
Yeah you told me in a pm conversation after CBIII about her. I remember her from CBIII. Quite the beauty.
Living and dying in 3/4 time....

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2006, 10:08 AM »
Being that we don't have basement in California, my loose collection is in my office. My carded collection is all boxed up filling various closet space.

I swear, as soon as we get our new computer, I'll take some pictures and post them. I have a muliti-level imperial base made out of a corner table that I'm anxious to show off.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Gorkoracing

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2006, 11:09 AM »
Mine is boxed up stacked to the ceiling taking up all of a spare bedroom, some boxed up in the garage, boxed up taking up my old bedroom with some laying around all over in there, the computer room downstairs has boxes and the closet is full, boxes and carded figs in the den, and boxed stuff in the living room. 

Offline Clone Commander

• Jedi Padawan
  • I ate my Lama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2006, 10:51 PM »
I have my main display in my closet with a folding door so there is no light.
I also have a whole bunch of Games-Workshop products lying around.
Clone Commander Appo.

Offline Reid

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 28, 2006, 10:01 AM »
My entire collection currently resides in my "Bacholer Pad" (My Room). My figures and small vehicles take up two shelves, my Lego SW collection takes up half a shelf, and my "high end" collectibles (Bust-Ups, Unleashed, Titanium Series, etc) and my Target Exclusive Tie Fighter are on my desk.

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 28, 2006, 07:12 PM »
I'm very fortunate to have a couple rooms in the basement to display my loot.  I wish I had the room to put a chair, barfridge and laptop down there 'cuz then I'd never leave.  ;D

Offline Bobafett77

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 29, 2006, 10:21 PM »
Like a lot of people, a good 98% of my packaged items reside in a closet. I have a five shelf bookcase dedicated to some of my loose figs. Don't even have enough space to display them all   :-[. I have an agreement with the fiance though, once we purchase our house... I get my own SW room ;D.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2006, 10:23 PM by Bobafett77 »

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 29, 2006, 11:12 PM »
I have an agreement with the fiance though, once we purchase our house... I get my own SW room ;D.

That was one of the biggest thrills for me when we bought our first house 2 years ago - my very own SW room.  Now that we're looking for a new house, do you think she'll let me have the whole basement this time?  ;)
« Last Edit: January 29, 2006, 11:12 PM by JesseVader08 »

Offline Skyhoucker

• Youngling
  • It will be done, my lord.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 30, 2006, 01:06 AM »
The 2nd bedroom in our apartmen is the computer/SW room... I have figures on every single wall... I'll have to update it with more pictures, but you can see the older ones in the "Collections" section... indeed, it's great having a wife that cares about your dreams as much as you care about hers!
Finally finished RotS

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 31, 2006, 10:27 AM »
All my stuff is boxed in a 10x10x20h climate controlled storage garage.  It's been costing me $130 per month for almost a full year now.   :-\  I'm in a transistional phase in my life right now so I just have a few Alternators and some recent TSC carded figs and Titanium ships around my room.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #14 on: January 31, 2006, 01:01 PM »
That sux… imagine all the SW goodies you could buy with that $1500 buck :-\

At least they are in a safe place…

Do you go a visit them every once and a while? :P
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird