Author Topic: Starving for SAGA  (Read 10988 times)

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Re: Starving for SAGA
« Reply #30 on: February 9, 2006, 10:36 AM »
Our WM has been pretty cleared out once again, with one Derlin on the pegs for a week or two now.  Target is fairly full of the Hoth wave, but just Derlin, Veers, and Rieekan.  Everyone else is gone from the assortment, and its possible these might start to pegwarm there (the $7 price doesn't help).  I haven't seen a sniff of the Carkoon wave for about a month now, so I'm glad I found them when I did.  I'm sure they'll be re-shipping, but as of now our town is pretty well cleaned out of that wave from what I have seen.  At both stores, the basic figure pegs are usually empty or close to it (except at Target recently), while the Choppers, Transformers, Unleashed Battle Packs, and Force Battlers are stocked in full :).

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 9, 2006, 02:42 PM »
Target is beginning to have a few Veers, Derlins and Riekens on a consistent basis... if they'd lower to the $5 range, they wouldn't have any problem with stock.  But seeing a few figures on the pegs is better than a clean house with nothing.  If I feel the need to buy a figure or two, at least I know I can go there and buy some overpriced custom fodder.   :-X

Walmart from what I've seen has gotten in waves more often than Target, and as usual sell twice as fast.  But most of my Targets do have more Star Wars shelf space.

:P

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 9, 2006, 06:21 PM »
Local stores have had little to no figs for a while now. I still need the Hoth wave, and Geonosis is just starting to show up!
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Clone Hunter

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • Cybertronian Artifacts
« Reply #33 on: February 9, 2006, 08:15 PM »
Well I revisited the same Target and got the last Poggle and Sun Fac.

Then another Target had a whole pile of Hoth. I got everone I needed except Vader. (2x Veers, Snowtrooper, 2x Gonk) I am very tempted to buy a clearanced 500th Vader but it is still too much.
My trade thread: http://www.jedidefender.com/yabbse/index.php?topic=10408.0
Email is your best bet to contact me.

Offline Dan

• Jedi Knight
  • Got some
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 12, 2006, 09:33 AM »
My closest Wal-mart has had 3 carkoon figures for the last 3 weeks. I've found Hoth elsewhere, but that means an extra $1.00 each at Target. Bring on the new figures!

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 12, 2006, 03:38 PM »
Still no sign of Geonosis wave here in my area that I know of... but up to that the stuff has been available, but you do have to be persistant to find it.

:P

Offline TheBlackDog65

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 13, 2006, 09:13 PM »
Targets in Utah finally got the Gen. wave today (I missed out since I teach and am at school around 7am).  Walmart is now my hope for finding the Gen. wave. Sure wished I could tell when Wally was going to start shipping figures again. Patience is the key, that and watching for when Wally is shipping again!
"For too long gentleness has been equated with weakness.  Yet it takes more strength to be gentle than to be mean."

John Keeshan

Wants: Saga Wave 3

Offline Clone Hunter

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • Cybertronian Artifacts
« Reply #37 on: February 13, 2006, 11:16 PM »
Things have perked up here in CT.

Today at my closest Target they had lots of Veers, Riekian, and Derlins.

and at a large TRU they had a lot of Carkoon. I bought extras of Chewieand 2 Fetts, if anybody needs them?
My trade thread: http://www.jedidefender.com/yabbse/index.php?topic=10408.0
Email is your best bet to contact me.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #38 on: February 14, 2006, 03:15 AM »
Yeah my Target's are beginning to overflow with new figures from the Hoth Wave...  Well, overflow is strong, but they're pegwarming now which was fast.  I blame price personally.  Even the AT-AT Driver, a good army builder, is around at Target.

WM is LOADED with Carkoon.  They really blew their load with that wave...  They're literally falling off the pegs there, there's so many of just Carkoon.  Every figure you want it's there...  if you want those figures.  Again, price ain't gonna help them.  I know I can't justify buying my doubles or repacks there due to cost.

The WM situation is same as always.  3, 4 figures here and there but nothing substantial.

Now Geo wave showed at Target (2 cases only again), and my buddy was there at opening to get them all.  Cleaned out the store and said there was plenty 'O Hoth around to be had.

I want my doubles, I want fodder...  But $7 is just too much.  I gotta cut back I guess and just deal without.  Only the Utapau Clone will sway me on that at this point.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Darth Slothus

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 14, 2006, 11:29 AM »
Kind of surprised at WM's strategy this time around...
I wonder if WM is waiting on other new Hasbro product(new titaniums,transformers) to ship when the wherehouses get those in. I have 4 WM's in my area. One old store got it's 3rd shipment of hoth 10 days ago and now has just 6 pegwarming hoth figures. The other 3 stores havn't had a shipment in going on 3 weeks now(will be 3 weeks on Thurs). There is a combined 5 figures total at those 3 stores. So, just waiting until WM finally ships..thought it would be last week but maybe this week now? What I like is the price is right at WM and it shows in lack of figs on my shelves. My Targets have plenty of pegwarming figures on the shelves right now(mostly carkoon). I like WM 's price because the figs go quicker and they're depleted enough so that by every 2 weeks there's a reship(except now for some reason)...For ROTS it was a reship every week at WM.