Author Topic: Slave girl Leia - MicroLady edition with chain Updated 2/19/06  (Read 11024 times)

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
Re: Slave girl Leia - MicroLady edition WIP
« Reply #15 on: January 31, 2006, 03:17 PM »
Actually, I'm very surprised on how well this figure stays together. All the joints are tight and move very well. These figures are much higher quality and stronger plastic than anything hasbro produces. Sad part is they cost the same as a regular hasbro star wars figure.

I think of these as the same as using a Dragon body for 12" doll. Findswoman could make a fantastic softgoods outfit for these bodies.
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline hemble

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • Ron's military models and custom figures
« Reply #16 on: January 31, 2006, 09:49 PM »
I really like the way you've done this figure I've always liked articulation in my figures so this is right down my alley. I really like how you've used the slave leia outfit on her and the flesh wash is'nt that bad.

Maybe next time when you use a the body give it a dry brush of flesh instead of a wash you might find that it will look better.

Ron

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 1, 2006, 10:11 AM »
What color of dry brush of flesh should I use Ron? I've still got to paint my version.

Offline Darth_Ennis

• Jedi Padawan
  • The beatings will continue until morale improves!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 1, 2006, 06:32 PM »
Looking good so far Phruby. Id love to get my hands on a few of the material force figs to work on, but unfortunately they are too expensive and other than ebay they are extremely hard for me to come by. Actually, what would make it perfect (in my opinion only ;)) is snagging a cloth skirt from the Saga slave girl Leia and putting that on her.
Pardon the pun but with all that articulation, she just screams for soft goods.

P.S. I realise how that was worded but I lack the proper words to explain myself any better. You may commence with the rude comments at any time. ;D :P

Offline Glassman6

• Jedi Padawan
  • Hey...Its Me!
    • View Profile
    • Glassman's Customs
« Reply #19 on: February 7, 2006, 01:17 PM »
What ever happend to her? I was really looking forward to seeing this figure!

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 7, 2006, 05:58 PM »
Still working on her and her skin tone. I'll have a work in progress picture up soon.

Offline Fritzkrieg

• Jedi Padawan
  • Don't make me destroy you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 11, 2006, 12:16 AM »
 :P Wow!

Great Job, I would comment more but this one just gives me dirty thoughts. :-X

Keep up the Great work

Fritzkrieg

Offline hemble

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 11, 2006, 06:28 AM »
Master_Phruby  wrote
What color of dry brush of flesh should I use Ron? I've still got to paint my version

Sorry I did'nt get back to way sooner mate I never recieved an email saying there was new post.

I use reaper minaiture  and Jo Sonja's paints for my skin tones if you can get your hands on them
1-use hill giant brn #18027 and give the base a good dry brush of that
2-once dry give a wash of Sonja's(burnt sienna) and wipe away any excess paint.
3- when the sienna dries give a light dry brush of reaper caucasian #18029 over the whole body and then do the eyes, lips etc and then give it a spray of matt finnish I use testors dull coate on my figures.

if you need any help give me a yell

Ron

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 12, 2006, 05:50 PM »
Here is an update on my slave leia. I painted the body with a coat of model master acryl Skin tone warn tint and skin tone tint base. It got pretty close to the color of the head. I'm really impressed on how well the paint goes on these figures. It works much better than any hasbro plastic. Since its only the first coat I didn't care if I covered all the joints. There will be a second layer for a different skin tones to make it look more alive.

I've drimeled out the bikini top from a potf2 slave leia. Its as thin as I could get it without going thru the plastic. Here is a picture of it placed on the chest.

As you can see it looks to far away from the body. I've learned that I should have used a Microlady with a small chest size instead of large. But who knew how big her chest would be until I had it in my hands. Therefore, I've got to sand down the chest in order for the top to fit snuggly against the body. Here is a shot of the body with the chest being sanded down. I'll got to do more work on her chest to make it better. But I think the top will look good after I'm done.

These microladys are very easy to disasemble. So covering all the joints with primer will not be a problem.

Offline Gregorbian

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I gotta get to Buckethead's Toy Store!
    • View Profile
    • Gregorbian's Photobucket
« Reply #24 on: February 12, 2006, 06:07 PM »
Looking pretty good so far Phruby.  When I made mine, I just painted over the Microlady body and I thought that worked pretty well.  I'm sure she will look fine once you dremel that chest down a bit.  What are you going to do for her robes?
The scariest thing that I've ever seen,
Is the terrible AT-AT walking machine.
It's as big as a house on walking legs,
and whatever it steps on it crushes like eggs.

Offline BrentS

• Jedi Knight
  • I sense much fear in you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 12, 2006, 07:09 PM »
Phruby, Looking good so far.  I'm still not convinced that I like all the joints around the elbows and knees, but she certainly will be flexible  ;)

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 12, 2006, 07:43 PM »
I'm happy with the paint color I mixed up. I just need to finish sanding down the bust. I'm still looking for a nice piece of fabric for the robes. I need to go to the fabric store and look around. I wonder if they have swatch samples. Its not like I need a yard of red fabric.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 12, 2006, 08:07 PM »
The paint looks really, really good.  I still get scared thinking of all those joints... if I ever make a Leia lying in front of Jabba, I'll probably wuss out and make her non-articulated.

:P

Offline hemble

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 13, 2006, 01:40 AM »
The paint job looks excellent mate almost spoton with the head colour and the articulation will look great once all th eclothing is on.

Ron

Offline BrentS

• Jedi Knight
  • I sense much fear in you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 13, 2006, 07:31 AM »
I'm happy with the paint color I mixed up. I just need to finish sanding down the bust. I'm still looking for a nice piece of fabric for the robes. I need to go to the fabric store and look around. I wonder if they have swatch samples. Its not like I need a yard of red fabric.

I've purchased as little as 6" of cloth and it only costs a couple of bucks (usually less than $2)