Author Topic: Knee Joints  (Read 2600 times)

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
Knee Joints
« on: February 1, 2006, 12:21 AM »
Please Hasbro, we want knee joints back.

Your newest TSC figures have been very good, but lacking knee joints, which is upsetting to us collectors who like to play with pose our figures in various positions. I can live without ankle joints, and I don't care if we get standard joints (ala Saga Jedi Luke) instead of ball-jointed knees. I just want my figures to be able to sit, dangit!
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Clone Commander

• Jedi Padawan
  • I ate my Lama!
    • View Profile
Re: Knee Joints
« Reply #1 on: February 1, 2006, 03:16 PM »
Hell yes!
Its about time hasbro has woken up and smelled the lack of articulated knees!
Clone Commander Appo.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #2 on: February 2, 2006, 02:47 AM »
Well, gladly add me to this list...  I've been making gripes about this since my first glimpse of 2006 figures.

-Han SOlo Carbonite
-Veers
-Derlin
-Scorch (Republic Commando)

I'm just not sure what happened between 2004/2005 and 2006.  Figures are seeing some serious regression in quality with a spike in price at many retail/etail outlets.  I'm pretty disappointed in this.  Cost increases plus quality decreases suck.

Even if you "don't care" about this, you really ought to at least throw some support to those who do as it's only an improvement when figure's have knee articulation. 

My personal "standard" articulation that most figures would have in the basic 3.75" figure line would mimic that of the "Cantina Wave" from 2004/05.  There would be:

-2 shoulder joints (ball/socket or standard)
-2 angle-cut elbow joints (ball/socket elbows used occassionally)
-2 wrist joints
-1 neck joint (ball/socket or standard)
-1 waist joint
-2 standard hip joints
-2 ball/socket knee joints

I love super articulation, don't get me wrong, and I'd use it quite liberally throughout the line if possible, but at the same time I think the above "12 articulation points standard", and in that confguration (IE: none of this ankle joint crap if the figure has no knee joints) is the most ideal "standard".  It should only be improved upon or not quite as good in special circumstances like army builders or senator figures respectively.

This line's for "Action figures", not statues, and leg joints that don't pose any better than an action figure from 1983 is just kind of pathetic.  Everything increases in quality for the most part but Hasbro has to step up articulation to a new standard, not just a whimsical thing they pull out when they feel like it.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 5, 2006, 11:34 AM »
I'm a little confused at the use of knee joints as well and would like to see them used when aplicable. Sora, the Weequey Jedi is a great example. Why give him Ankle joints over knee. ???
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Joe

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 5, 2006, 09:11 PM »
there goes my plan to repaint scorch to match all the commandos...I guess I can sacrafice 4 otta my 28 troopers to make commandos.
Cheers!

- Joe

Offline commander apoc

• Jedi Initiate
  • Fine by me.....
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2006, 11:39 AM »
I hope they do a better job on the knee joints that with the AT-TE gunner....

Every time I want to give him a pose, he just goes and sit down anyway.... so I put him against a side wall too keep em standing.... and the rest of the clones in front of him just laugh and point fingers at him.... makes him a little bit too disapointing...

oh well.... life suck....
There can never be enough clones.....