Author Topic: Rebel Transport  (Read 6798 times)

Offline bobafett14

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • Pennsylvania Star Wars Collectors Society
Re: Vint Rebel Transport
« Reply #15 on: December 11, 2005, 09:16 PM »
As far as the initial post, yeah, for $60 I'd want a better bos, and I've had some vintage yellow, but have yet to experience it becoming "brittle"
Star Wars and toy Collector since 1978(age 7).  currently over 6,500 SW items in my personal collection. Collect modern/vintage and everything in-between ;^)

Offline CanadianCollector

• Youngling
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 11, 2005, 10:41 PM »
I still have mine from when I was a kid.

The problem is that the upper shell seems to have yellowed A LOT and gotten brittle. It has snapped in a couple of spots.

Anyone else experience this?

Ohhhhh yeah.

I won a boxed one in Hamilton that was shipped to Toronto.  It took hours to glue the pieces back together. :(  My one previous to that had a paperback book fall off a shelf onto the top.  Bye bye top section.

Definitely a cool piece and I would have appreciated it as a kid.  Now, it's just a big yellow fragile turd. ;)

-Mike
www.womprat.com

Edit to add ]
« Last Edit: December 12, 2005, 04:14 PM by CanadianCollector »

Offline Darth Tedious

• Youngling
  • Who's scruffy lookin'?
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 12, 2005, 09:48 AM »
That's too bad about the smash-up. I have taken to keeping mine on a top shelf. I don't click the top section to the bottom anyomre, but let it ust rest there.

I wonder if there is anything to rejuivenate old plastic like that. Like some kind of oil product.  :P

Offline Spectre

• Jedi Initiate
  • Spirit Of Wrath
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 30, 2005, 03:41 PM »
I've wanted one of these for ages :(  It is one of the few toys that I never had back in the Vintage days and is now the only one I do not own in either it's original Vintage form or a rerelease :(
Looking for EXCELLENT 1/18 scale weapons? Check out Marauder, Inc.
www.marauderinc.com/servlet/StoreFront

1 Stop Shopping For all Your Customs Needs:
www.goodtogocustoms.com

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 16, 2006, 03:58 PM »
I just got nice one recently for a pretty good price on ebay, along with a vintage snowspeeder w/ box and a Hoth Imperial playset - all for $50.00 in one auction.

The snowspeeder already went to a friend, but the rest will be customized.   :)

:P

Offline KatanaSam

• Youngling
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 25, 2006, 11:53 AM »
Wow Owen. Fantasic customs! Do you sell them ever or just do it for yourself?

EDIT: Duh! Took another look at the link I had to click to get to your site and got my answer... need another coffee this morning :P
« Last Edit: January 25, 2006, 11:58 AM by KatanaSam »

Offline Darth Slothus

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 1, 2006, 11:54 PM »
I picked me up one of these transports today in a thrift store for 2$...it's yellowed, not broke...but can't say if it's complete or not since I can't even remember this being released when I was a kid getting all the sw toys(well, not this one). Additionally I got an incomplete M. Falcon for 1.50$ and an 83' speeder bike,Eu mini sail barge, and a wind up ATST.

Almost shot the wife because she didn't grab the 4$ bag of vintage figs with guns and the cloud car, b wing, and vader's tie >:(!  I offered the lady 20$ for the bag and she said "no, it's for my grandson"-imagine no articulation figs for a kid in this day and age >:(

Anyway it's yellowed and I don't know what's complete with these...it has a top gun, no bottom hatch, all the covers are there what else was there....I guess it's my money's worth ::)

...edit... I merged the 2 Rebel Transport topics and your posts in each... Jesse  :)
« Last Edit: February 2, 2006, 12:50 AM by JesseVader08 »