Author Topic: JD Fantasy Baseball 2006  (Read 64521 times)

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
Re: JD Fantasy Baseball 2006
« Reply #165 on: April 28, 2006, 10:06 PM »
Well even if it doesn't end up this way when the games are over for the night - I've officially gone from worst to first!  For now...

Yeah I just saw that you and I are tied for first at 43.5, my squad is hitting .080 tonight.

So sad.

:)
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: April 28, 2006, 11:44 PM »
I've got 44.5 now. :)

My guys hit .393 tonight and the four home runs I got is the most I've gotten on any given night - thank God Wright woke up tonight...he's been cold lately.

And how about Mench homering in his 7th straight game... I wish I'd picked him up after his third in a row...  ::)

I'm sure it won't last - but it's good to be out of the cellar for now.

« Last Edit: April 28, 2006, 11:46 PM by Rob »

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: April 29, 2006, 01:22 AM »
I'm kicking myself for not picking up Otsuka... listening to the radio here in Dallas I knew that this was coming any day now - but hadn't thought about it in a day or two - and missed the chance.

So here's hoping that he blows more saves that Cordero did...  ::)
« Last Edit: April 29, 2006, 01:23 AM by Rob »

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: April 29, 2006, 02:56 PM »
Holy crap did Damon blow up today.... 3/3 with two HR's, 3 RBI, 3 Runs, and a SB - and it's only the fourth inning.

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: April 29, 2006, 03:53 PM »
Holy crap did Damon blow up today.... 3/3 with two HR's, 3 RBI, 3 Runs, and a SB - and it's only the fourth inning.

Ha ha!  I've been watching this whole game, and not only did Damon go ape**** with the bat, but Gary Sheffield was just knocked out cold during a collision at first base with Shea Hillenbrand.  KO'd. 

My luck continues!

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: April 29, 2006, 06:09 PM »
Gary Sheffield, down.

With everything that's happened to Harden, Prior, Gagne, Cantu, Beltran, and now Sheff, I am officially conceding April and May.  Hopefully by June this team will be healthy and doing what it should be doing, maintaining 50+ points in the standings.

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: April 29, 2006, 08:46 PM »
Well even if it doesn't end up this way when the games are over for the night - I've officially gone from worst to first!  For now...

Zod -  funny thing just happened, a few swings of the bat by Jonny Gomes and Josh Willingham that deposited baseballs over the outfield fences just sent me from 4th place to 1st place.  Current snapshot:

Dressel's Infirmary 44.5
The Zods 44.0
El Diablos 44.0

I don't have a clue how my team is even on it's feet right now.  My squad in a healthy state is going to be a holy terror.  Too much fun.

:)
« Last Edit: April 29, 2006, 08:52 PM by Dressel Rebel »

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: April 30, 2006, 01:40 PM »
It's sitting at:

The Zods 45.5
Dressel's Infirmary 44.0
El Diablos 43.5

Not that I'm bragging - first place is a very fickle thing at this point in the season.

I'm just happy not to be sitting down in dead last at 33 points or so like I was a little over a week ago.

I apparenty just lost Brian Roberts to a groin injury, Barrett is coming back from a jammed finger, Helton is still on the DL, and Tejada is nursing a bum knee - at least he's getting to DH in the meantime.

Not as bad as your situation, but I'm starting to get slightly concerned - mainly about Roberts.

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: April 30, 2006, 02:22 PM »
It's sitting at:

The Zods 45.5
Dressel's Infirmary 44.0
El Diablos 43.5

Not that I'm bragging - first place is a very fickle thing at this point in the season.

I'm just happy not to be sitting down in dead last at 33 points or so like I was a little over a week ago.

I apparenty just lost Brian Roberts to a groin injury, Barrett is coming back from a jammed finger, Helton is still on the DL, and Tejada is nursing a bum knee - at least he's getting to DH in the meantime.

Not as bad as your situation, but I'm starting to get slightly concerned - mainly about Roberts.

Roberts may become a problem.  He could miss anything from 1 game to 2 months, depending on the severity of that problem.  Groin injuries are a bitch.

Tejada is the most durable player in baseball.  I don't think he's missed a game in 5 years.  A couple years ago he had to sit out a spring training game to go get a tooth pulled I think, and that was it.  But Tejada won't miss any time.

« Last Edit: April 30, 2006, 02:25 PM by Dressel Rebel »

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: April 30, 2006, 04:02 PM »
Yeah, the Roberts thing has me very worried - I'm going to see if I can't find some updated info on the internet since Yahoo doesn't have anything substantial on it.

Tejada has started 944 consecutive games - so almost 6 seasons straight. 

EDIT:  looks like Roberts just got placed on the 15 day DL...

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2006/baseball/mlb/wires/04/30/2010.ap.bba.orioles.roberts.0304/

Anyone interested in trading for Todd Helton?
« Last Edit: April 30, 2006, 04:03 PM by Rob »

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: May 1, 2006, 10:20 AM »
I woke up with the intention of finding a temporary 2B today to fill in for at least the next two weeks - and to my suprise, Wigginton (and it wasn't this way yesterday) is now listed as (2B, 3B).

What good fortune.

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: May 1, 2006, 11:43 AM »
I woke up with the intention of finding a temporary 2B today to fill in for at least the next two weeks - and to my suprise, Wigginton (and it wasn't this way yesterday) is now listed as (2B, 3B).

What good fortune.

That almost offsets the poor fortune of the unseat you suffered at my hand  :D

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: May 1, 2006, 03:27 PM »
For now.

Anyone interested in Dontrelle Willis?  I'm looking to unload a pitcher and he's the lucky winner - I think he could be obtained for a good price, but I'm only looking for another bat..  I'd probably be willing to package him with one of my batters for a slightly better batter.

Like Damon and Willis for Soriano...  ;)
« Last Edit: May 1, 2006, 03:31 PM by Rob »

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: May 1, 2006, 03:33 PM »
I like Willis, but he doesn't strike enough batters out for my style of starting pitcher, and I don't think he's going to garner enough run support to really rake in the wins.  Plus I already added Peavy and Sheets for Manny, and replaced him with Gomes.  Willis' ERA and WHIP will be solid though.

He's still a decent pitcher, and looking at the rosters I think Scott is in the biggest need for a SP of Willis' caliber.
« Last Edit: May 1, 2006, 03:36 PM by Dressel Rebel »

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: May 1, 2006, 04:27 PM »
Speaking of pitchers, what's up with Capuano :o  I keep looking at how I'm going to make space on my roster when Crisp/Woods come off DL and I keep wanting to drop a SP but they keep winning.  I thought it would be Lee or Capuano but the underperformer of the bunch thus far is Petitte.  They're eating up innings like crazy, but if they're winning and have good inning:strike out ratios, I'll live with it. 

Benched Utley today too, so expect him to light it up. ::)
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.