Author Topic: JD Fantasy Baseball 2006  (Read 64639 times)

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
Re: JD Fantasy Baseball 2006
« Reply #345 on: July 13, 2006, 10:30 PM »
I've been sayin' it all along Rob, he's gonna go ape**** at some point.  His season numbers will be good on September 1st.
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #346 on: July 13, 2006, 10:39 PM »
That's why I kept him...  Because you know your **** and I had an inclination to agree with you on that one.

That's 4 homers in his last two games... hopefully he can keep it up.

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #347 on: July 15, 2006, 11:02 AM »
Oh for ****'s sake.  If at least 2 of the 3 of Ben Sheets, Rich Harden and Mark Prior don't get back in the next 2 weeks, and start pitching like the 3.00 ERA, 1.10 WHIP, K per 9 studs they are, the injury bug will have finally buried me.  In the meantime i've let Kazmir, Bonderman, and Liriano be picked up by the rest of you, while I'm waiting for my 3 aces to swab their ***** out, get that fresh feeling back, and get back on the mound.

I doubt I'll have that many total injuries over the next 5 seasons combined.

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #348 on: July 15, 2006, 12:48 PM »
Well my pitchers are healthy, and lately seem to be throwing with an era around 15.00

Except Halliday.  Arroyo, Young, Glavine, and Rogers are all getting slammed lately.

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #349 on: July 15, 2006, 12:56 PM »
Well my pitchers are healthy, and lately seem to be throwing with an era around 15.00

Except Halliday.  Arroyo, Young, Glavine, and Rogers are all getting slammed lately.

I would expect Glavine and Rogers in particular to take a bit of a beating.  Hell, you've already given up on Glavine once.  If the law of averages works out over a 6 month season, I'd say you have 3 studs there, and Rogers and Glavine are really due to take a bit of a whooping.

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #350 on: July 15, 2006, 01:08 PM »
Yeah, I've started to think that myself.  My confidence in this group is waning fast.  I wanted to add Morris to my team and was looking for a way to do that but was struggling over who to cut.  I immediately felt like cutting Glavine had been a mistake - and was thrilled to have him back.  The fact that none of you bothered putting a waiver claim on him should have let me know that I'd probably made the right move.

The worst part is, in the morning I checked the Yahoo! game preview page yesterday to see who on my team was starting and all, and Rogers wasn't listed as the Detroit starter... so I didn't do anything with him.  Needless to say, I'd intended on not satrting him this week - and I get saddled with a 12.00 +era and 2.00+ whip for him.

Chris Young was a beating I was going to take either way, I'd intended to start him.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2006, 01:40 PM by Rob »

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #351 on: July 15, 2006, 03:26 PM »
Yeah, I've started to think that myself.  My confidence in this group is waning fast.  I wanted to add Morris to my team and was looking for a way to do that but was struggling over who to cut.  I immediately felt like cutting Glavine had been a mistake - and was thrilled to have him back.  The fact that none of you bothered putting a waiver claim on him should have let me know that I'd probably made the right move.

I just felt like with the 11 W's he got really lucky with the run support.  The K pace was not going to continue.  Overall he's a quality starter for a 12 team league, but I very well couldn't drop any of my ace studs like Harden DL, Sheets DL, Prior DL, Burnett, Peavy for him, and I had to keep Jered Weaver who has won all 6 starts and who is basically absolutely untouchable to hitters, until next year when they have the book on him.  (See HERNANDEZ, Felix and DUKE, Zach in '05).  The younger Weaver is 6 W in 6 starts with a 1.12 ERA and a 0.76 WHIP with just under a K per 9, since his call up  :o

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #352 on: July 15, 2006, 11:21 PM »
Wisely I waited on bragging about my pitching staff :o  Couple of guys got beat up this weekend, though it looks like the post all-star campaign Pettitte is here now ;D

Still, I won't complain about this lineup at the moment:

Carpenter
Pettitte
Capuano
Liriano
Contreras
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #353 on: July 16, 2006, 12:00 AM »
That is a superb staff at the moment.

I still can't believe how horrendously my paper projections have deviated from my results thus far, because of tragedy striking every far reaching corner of my team.

I'm just about buried and I won't be making many further moves, just because I still believe that my team should be producing first place results.

I gotta just ride this out and take the results, whatever they may be.  Sometimes these things are out of your control I guess.  It's just that tragedy has never struck one of my teams like this before, but I'm not waving the white flag just yet.

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #354 on: July 18, 2006, 03:05 PM »
It pains me to have to continuously shed my injured superstars as the sand in the hourglass of this season runs out.

:'(

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #355 on: July 21, 2006, 10:12 AM »
Well after a month or so in 1st and at one point holding a 6 point lead, I thought my team had shaken the bi-polar thing and would be rather consistent, but since the all-star break they've been HORRIBLE (except Andru Jones...).

My pitchers keep getting blown up for 5 and 6 runs... my WHIP has been around 2.00.. my team BA is .12 lower than it was a few weeks ago (losing Alex Rios and Michael Barrett didn't help in that regard).

Just when I started getting hopes of maybe riding this thing out...

Oh, and since that 3 HR game, Teixeria is 2 for 20 with 1 run and 2 RBI...  ::)
« Last Edit: July 21, 2006, 10:14 AM by Rob »

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #356 on: July 25, 2006, 08:56 AM »
Since I picked him up

Ra. Johnson
(NYY - SP) 
2 Wins
47 K in 41 IP
3.95 ERA
1.05 WHIP

Yuck

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #357 on: July 25, 2006, 05:17 PM »
Brett Myers, despite the LOA, put up similar numbers.

Who cares.

EDIT:  Not that it ******* matters since I have 4 players on my entire team who weren't mutilated or incapacitated this season.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2006, 05:46 PM by Dressel Rebel »

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #358 on: July 29, 2006, 05:39 PM »
Since I picked him up

Ra. Johnson
(NYY - SP) 
2 Wins
47 K in 41 IP
3.95 ERA
1.05 WHIP

Yuck

Well those 9 runs and 2.70 WHIP in 3 IP today ought to simmer you down a bit.

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #359 on: July 29, 2006, 11:14 PM »
Ouch.

On a personal note... I'm getting to the point where I'm going to bench all my SP's not named Halladay or Verlander...

I had the best WHIP and ERA in our league up until a few weeks ago when everyone and anyone on my team has been giving up 6+ runs in just about all their starts...  I've tried picking up pitchers who are on hot streaks and it absolutely HASN'T worked... Matt Morris was hot but got jacked up in his first start for me... same with Padilla, and today Garland...  Meanwhile Glavine sucks, Kenny Rogers was getting killed, Chris Young's been okay but not spectacular and and even Arroyo has cooled down.