Author Topic: JD Fantasy Baseball 2006  (Read 64505 times)

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
Re: JD Fantasy Baseball 2006
« Reply #300 on: June 18, 2006, 02:43 PM »
I'm shocked that you started Prior today... after that long a layoff, there was bound to be major rust.  I don't remember specifically, but I think he did the same exact thing to me last year after coming back form injury - having one or two horrible outings before he got it going.

I'm sure he's going to get better (unless he gets hurt again...) but 6 runs in the first... ouch.

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: June 18, 2006, 04:21 PM »
I'm shocked that you started Prior today... after that long a layoff, there was bound to be major rust.  I don't remember specifically, but I think he did the same exact thing to me last year after coming back form injury - having one or two horrible outings before he got it going.

I'm sure he's going to get better (unless he gets hurt again...) but 6 runs in the first... ouch.

Yeah dude, that Prior episode today really hurt.  But my policy is that if I carry a pitcher on my roster, he's gonna start.  Prior K'd fools like mad in his last 2 AAA rehab starts.

You never really know how someone is going to pitch on any given day, that's why I start every pitcher, every time.

Look at Josh Johnson today, clearly Halladay was the favorite, but Josh Johnson, with Marlin run support, beat him.  That would have cost me a W, 5 K's, and a nice ERA if he were benched.  The WHIP was bad, but oh well.

I'll be throwing Prior again for his regularly scheduled start.

It's funny you posted that though, because I, too, was screaming at ESPN "Get the hook!!!  Get the ******* HOOK!!" when I saw the box score.  My parents and the company we have over right now were a little concerned.

AJ Burnett I believe has K'd 10 and allowed like 3 total hits over his last 2 AAA rehab starts.  He too will be getting the start this Thursday.

:)
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #302 on: June 18, 2006, 04:37 PM »
He's won what, 3 games this year?  Johnson has him on W's and K's and is tied in WHIP and I have enough help at ERA and WHIP that even if Randy continues to suck,he'll still help at K's and W's more than Myers was, good luck

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: June 18, 2006, 06:12 PM »
He's won what, 3 games this year?  Johnson has him on W's and K's and is tied in WHIP and I have enough help at ERA and WHIP that even if Randy continues to suck,he'll still help at K's and W's more than Myers was, good luck

There is a big difference Scott:

1.  Brett Myers is in his late 20's and on his way up.  He is getting better.  Randy Johnson is 43 and decaying.  He is not going to improve.

2.  Brett Myers, prior to 2 starts ago, had a 2.90 ERA and 1.27 WHIP.  Randy Johnson, however, has been over 5.00 since the end of April.

You can forget about W-L, that stuff just happens despite WHIP, ERA, and K numbers and is based entirely off of your run support that day.  Look at Pedro Martinez this year with like 100 K's, a 2.00 ERA and a .90 WHIP who has about 5 wins.  I'm not sure if you heard, but the Yankees lost 2 of their 30 HR 100 RBI outfielders for the year.

I would have taken way less than Brett Myers in exchange for Randy Johnson. 

So thank you.

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: June 18, 2006, 10:35 PM »
Stop the presses, ring the bells.  Holy swacka-doodle I got a save today.  And jeepers-creepers, some of my guys even swung their bats and made contact.  It's a banner day for the month of June!
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: June 19, 2006, 10:18 PM »
Well my Randy Johnson for Brett Myers trade with Scott is complete, and tomorrow, they pitch head to head!  Should be a fun watch on ESPN, 7 PM, Phils vs. Yankees.

Gotcha punk.

Right-O.

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: June 19, 2006, 10:43 PM »

« Last Edit: June 19, 2006, 10:47 PM by Dressel Rebel »

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #307 on: June 20, 2006, 08:35 AM »
Well my Randy Johnson for Brett Myers trade with Scott is complete, and tomorrow, they pitch head to head!  Should be a fun watch on ESPN, 7 PM, Phils vs. Yankees.

Gotcha punk.

Right-O.

Yeah, let's base the whole thing on one game...

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: June 20, 2006, 10:18 AM »
I'm not that retarded Scott  ;)

But I'm sure as **** that if The Big Unit K'd 14 and shutout the Phils, and Myers went 1 1/3rd giving up 8 ER and 4 HR's, you'd have been in here in a heartbeat.

But for the record, I'm sure Brett Myers is the better pitcher today.  Not better than Randy Johnson in his prime, but better than Randy Johnson at 43 years.

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: June 21, 2006, 10:53 AM »
Anyone else having trouble signing into Yahoo Fantasy Baseball this morning.  I can't get into that page to set my lineups.

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: June 21, 2006, 01:43 PM »
I had trouble last night and haven't been in since.  Took about twenty minutes to get a switch made.  It did go though.
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: June 21, 2006, 02:12 PM »
I can still get in.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2006, 02:19 PM by Rob »

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: June 21, 2006, 03:32 PM »
It looks to be okay now.  It was down much of last night and this morning at both home and the office, so I know it wasn't the computers.

Looks fine now.

:D
« Last Edit: June 21, 2006, 03:32 PM by Dressel Rebel »

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: June 22, 2006, 05:06 PM »
David Wright's my hero.  He's been on an absolute tear lately.

All by himself, he put up more HR's and RBI and only one fewer run scored than my entire team did yesterday. 

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #314 on: June 22, 2006, 06:03 PM »
My current hero