Author Topic: Neca Toys  (Read 15611 times)

Offline knashdx

• Jedi Knight
  • I see Llama's
    • View Profile
Re: Neca Toys
« Reply #45 on: March 13, 2008, 12:43 PM »
For those into the Ninja Turtles and by chance are going to NYCC you might wanna swing by the NECA booth. Peter Laird co-creator of the Turtles is going to be at their booth on Saturday April 20th from 1-3pm signing this:

It's limited to only 500 pieces and will be the only time that they will be packaged in a box set. The set will cost $50.

What no Splinter, April, Casey or Super Shredder?
I have been told to go to hell; well at least I will know everyone there!

Offline MetalJedi

• Jedi Knight
  • The Risk Always Lives
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: March 13, 2008, 03:33 PM »
It's limited to only 500 pieces and will be the only time that they will be packaged in a box set. The set will cost $50.

Not quite, Robb.  There's a box set coming to "retail" with all four turtles and their weapons.  You won't get the little turtles and other accessories like the light poles, but there is a chance to get all four turtles at one time.  If you want the little turtles, lightpoles and bases and don't happen to be lucky enough to buy the NYCC set, then you have to buy the four individual carded turtles, which will come with all the accessories in the NYCC boxset.

I don't really care about all that extra stuff and just wanted the four basic turtles and their main weapons, so I pre-ordered the basic boxset from BBTS.

My bad. I was just going by what it said on the website. Guess I shouldn't always believe what they write on there. Thanks for the update. I'm currently pissed at Neca for dropping the Romero zombie movie figures especially when they had protos ready.
I remember my dream now.

Offline JohnH

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
    • DC Collector Universe
« Reply #47 on: March 13, 2008, 07:40 PM »
What no Splinter, April, Casey or Super Shredder?

April will show up in series 2, and from what I understand we'll see a Casey Jones as well.

John

Offline MetalJedi

• Jedi Knight
  • The Risk Always Lives
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: March 19, 2008, 12:36 AM »
If you enjoy the movie Labyrinth they made another Goblin King this time with a Hoggle.

I remember my dream now.

Offline MetalJedi

• Jedi Knight
  • The Risk Always Lives
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: April 2, 2008, 10:43 PM »
Joey Ramone figure is being released soon.

As well as the Gears of War figures...

Marcus Fenix

Augustus Cole

Locust Drone

Locust Sniper

They better make Dom.
« Last Edit: April 2, 2008, 10:51 PM by MetalJedi »
I remember my dream now.

Offline JohnH

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
    • DC Collector Universe
« Reply #50 on: April 2, 2008, 11:30 PM »
Anyone here have any experience with NECA customer service?  I've tried to contact the customer service and sales through their website on multiple occasions since I got ToyTraderz running and have yet to get a response.  I tried again this weekend for a customer service issue - I bought the AVP-R Predator figures and one was missing a mount for one of his shoulder cannons, so I contacted them asking what I needed to do to get a replacement.  Again, they have yet to reply to me.  I'm just wondering if I'm the only one getting ****** customer service or if others have experienced the same thing.

And on the subject of Gears of Wars, those that haven't seen the Exploding Head Locust, do check it out.  It's freakin' sick (in a good way).  :)

John

Offline knashdx

• Jedi Knight
  • I see Llama's
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: April 3, 2008, 10:23 AM »
Anyone here have any experience with NECA customer service?  I've tried to contact the customer service and sales through their website on multiple occasions since I got ToyTraderz running and have yet to get a response.  I tried again this weekend for a customer service issue - I bought the AVP-R Predator figures and one was missing a mount for one of his shoulder cannons, so I contacted them asking what I needed to do to get a replacement.  Again, they have yet to reply to me.  I'm just wondering if I'm the only one getting ****** customer service or if others have experienced the same thing.

And on the subject of Gears of Wars, those that haven't seen the Exploding Head Locust, do check it out.  It's freakin' sick (in a good way).  :)

John

If you purchased it locally, take it back to the store with your receipt and tell them it is defective and get a new one.
I have been told to go to hell; well at least I will know everyone there!

Offline Greg

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: April 3, 2008, 11:05 AM »
JohnH- I have a quick question for you about the Predator figures. Is there one version that you can recommend more than the other? I'm interested in getting one, as I love the movies, but I don't want to spend $30-$40 just for two different heads. Your input would be much appreciated!

Offline MetalJedi

• Jedi Knight
  • The Risk Always Lives
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: April 3, 2008, 03:04 PM »

John

From what I hear from others that have tried to deal with their customer service is that it's pretty much none existant. Most of them gave up after awhile which doesn't make any sense. As for that Exploding Head Locust figure, that is awesome!
I remember my dream now.

Offline JohnH

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
    • DC Collector Universe
« Reply #54 on: April 3, 2008, 10:15 PM »
JohnH- I have a quick question for you about the Predator figures. Is there one version that you can recommend more than the other? I'm interested in getting one, as I love the movies, but I don't want to spend $30-$40 just for two different heads. Your input would be much appreciated!

The accessories also vary between the two figures, though I still don't know if it's enough to warrant the need for two figures.  :)  They could have easily packed them all together, bumped the price by a few bucks and made collectors happy. 

The figures themselves are exactly the same save for the head sculpts.

The accessories vary a bit.  The masked Predator comes with a shoulder cannon, the spear, one of the ridged back pieces and the other back piece with the blades on the bottom.  The unmasked Predator comes with an alternate hand, whip, shuriken, ridged back piece and two shoulder cannons.

Personally I've always liked the look of the Predator with his mask on...gives it a more mysterious nature, I guess.  While I dig the spear, I like the accessories on the unmasked version better in this case.  I guess it all just depends on which head sculpt you like better coupled with which accessory grouping you like best.  You could always buy both, mix and match and sell the extra.  :)

John

Offline Greg

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: April 3, 2008, 10:27 PM »
Hey John, thanks for the pictures. I liked the design on the mask more than unmasked, but I'll probably go with unmasked. The mask on the masked figure looks too much of a light gray color. The ugly nature of the unmasked Predator head makes it much better looking to me. Plus, the whip is a pretty badass weapon. I'm definitely taking a trip to the mall this weekend to get the unmasked version.

Offline Hemish

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Blah
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: April 19, 2008, 07:26 AM »
Those turtle figures from neca are amazing

The articulation is there all over, the sculpts and paints are just awesome, to those that were thinking about these go get em, you wont be dissapointed.
The problem with America is stupidity I'm not saying there should be a capital punishment for stupidity, but why don't we just take the safety labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #57 on: April 19, 2008, 04:51 PM »
I picked up my turtles box set at the show and got it autographed. Peter Laird totally was checking out my girlfriend when we went up for the autograph.  ::)
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline Reid

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: June 15, 2008, 10:28 PM »
Finally found a 7" Cult Classics Frank the Bunny for a good price, so I purchased that off Amazon.

Offline Reid

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: June 23, 2008, 08:59 PM »
Received my Cult Classics Frank. Really nice figure, the letter and mailbox are a neat touch. Hopefully we'll see a Donnie and Grandma Death to go with him. Maybe in a future Cult Classics wave?