Author Topic: Sideshow 12" Bespin Han Solo  (Read 21335 times)

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Re: Sideshow 12" Bespin Han Solo
« Reply #45 on: August 2, 2006, 01:36 PM »
I just got that e-mail as well, glad to hear it.  I'm looking forward to my first Sideshow 12" figure - and the first time I'll have seen one in person.  Still debating on ordering Bib, and I hope to preorder Leia on Friday just in case.  I'm not sure if I can continue to afford this line or not (without giving up something else), but I'm afraid I might regret not ordering the current offerings if I decide later on that I want to go all in.  I'll stick with the OT figures to limit it a bit, although those Jedi (and Maul) look great as well.

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: August 2, 2006, 02:42 PM »
I hope Han looks better than he does in person.  Of all the figures that they've released, this one has me worried.

The face just looks off - a little too chubby IMO.

I CANNOT wait to get Obi Wan!  My favorite character from the PT, this figure will rock. 

I'm bummed that I have to wait a little longer to get him.  That figure looks to be the best yet....well Maul looks pretty darn good too!

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #47 on: August 2, 2006, 06:21 PM »
I got my e-mail as well. These things are starting to ship pretty quick.  :o I can't wait to see the Mynock.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: August 14, 2006, 12:44 PM »
I just got an e-mail today saying that these are expected in the "warehouse" in the next 3-5 days, so it shouldn't be too long now.  This will be my first Sideshow figure, I'm really looking forward to it.

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #49 on: August 14, 2006, 01:57 PM »
Got my e-mail as well, can't wait to see the Mynock.  ;D

Offline Bobafett77

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: August 14, 2006, 06:51 PM »
Received mine today as well.

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #51 on: August 21, 2006, 09:00 PM »
I got my tracking number, so i guess its on the way.  ;D

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: August 22, 2006, 08:01 AM »
This is the only one I'm going to skip - I'm not happy with the face sculpt and jacket.

What do you guys think?

Offline Bobafett77

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: August 23, 2006, 10:46 PM »
I received my Han today. I have to say, I like it. If I had to pick it apart I would say that the hair color seems a little dark. It's definitely worth the money spent though.

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: August 24, 2006, 08:37 AM »
I'll be keeping the mask on if I pick one up, that's for sure.

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: August 24, 2006, 11:25 AM »
This is the only one I'm going to skip - I'm not happy with the face sculpt and jacket.

What do you guys think?

Unfortunately I can't get every SS 12 incher.  I did decide to pass on this one willingly.  It's a nice figure for what it is.  I like the outfit and maks accesory.  However,  I would rather wait to see what their ANH or Carbonite versions look like if they ever make those.  I assume they will eventually. 

I thought the best part of this figure was the mynock.  That would have been the only thing to sway me to buy this.  But at that time you had to be on the computer the moment it was up to get it as an exclusive.  At that time they started these things during my work hours.  I can't buy stuff on the net from work (unless it's at lunch when I'm logged out).  So, it was a simple pass for me. 

Anyway, again I think it looks good.  I would get if I had gobs of extra money.  I don't though.  Especially with that 12 inch Jabba on the way :)

Offline Artoo

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Lucky catch
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: August 26, 2006, 05:25 PM »
After seeing pics, I'm passing too. I'll wait for ANH or Endor versions to come out.
KAY-BEE STANDARD RESPONSE:  "All we have is 1990's 'Robocop' toys."
WHICH MEANS:  "Holy ******* ****, please shoot m

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: August 28, 2006, 07:51 PM »
I got my Han today and I like it.  I've been reading a lot of negative comments - his face is too fat, the jacket is too small, this figure sucks, etc.  I don't think the face is that fat and the jacket is a bit small, but I really think Sideshow has put out another top notch figure.  Looks great shooting at the Mynock.
Common sense isn't so common

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: August 29, 2006, 10:22 AM »
Still waiting on a shipping e-mail for Han here, but that might be because I wasn't able to get online in time to order the "exclusive" version - so maybe the regular version isn't shipping quite yet.  Looking forward to getting my first Sideshow figure though :).  Glad to hear you like it Mikey, it seems like some comments haven't been real positive on this figure.

Offline jadesfire

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: August 29, 2006, 07:42 PM »
I received Han today and was pleasantly surprised.  Considering all the negative things I have been reading about his face, jacket, arm length, etc...I was expecting to ship him back.  Not the case...

First off, the face sculpt.  Like mentioned before, you have to have it in your hands to appreciate it.  It does resemble Harrison Ford but it is not spot on.  I think it's the lips because when I put the mask on, it looks like a picture straight from the movie stills.

Next, the jacket.  Mine is pretty decent.  I like the tight fit on the doll and I don't think the pockets are all that bad.  It's a hard item to sew (pockets) and they don't seem out of proportion or uncentered to their respective spots on the jacket.  The sleeves are just to the end of the arm and if anything,  the could have been a bit longer to cover the wrist joint when you pose his hands higher than his waist.

Finally, the "long/short" body.  I have no idea why people think this isn't the perfect body for Han.  I put all four dolls I have so far from Sideshow and he doesn't look out of place.  The articulation is fantastic throughout and I have no complaints about it.

Overall, nice clothing, great articulation and the exclusive Mynock is a blast to play with all by itself.  I wish the head sculpt was better.  I think the 18" one is perfect and was hoping that this one would be also but I am leaving his mask on so it'll do.   The blaster, belt and droid caller are his accessories and I can't think of anything that would be left out. 

I have pictures up at my Webshots page (link below). 

Sideshow Dolls
« Last Edit: August 29, 2006, 07:45 PM by jadesfire »
Beth