Author Topic: Adding Body Parts  (Read 3162 times)

Offline BrentS

• Jedi Knight
  • I sense much fear in you.
    • View Profile
Adding Body Parts
« on: February 3, 2006, 04:10 PM »
The Splitting torso thread made me think of a question, but I didn't want to hijack that thread with my question so I started a new one.......

When you are adding body parts (such as legs or arms) that were previously removed (boil and pop).  How do you replace the new ones.  Do you use the same boil and pop routine?   I've tried that a little with limited success.  The torso splitting question made me wonder if its easier (preferred?) to split the torso and then attach the new limbs that way.  Thanks in advance.

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
Re: Adding Body Parts
« Reply #1 on: February 3, 2006, 04:23 PM »
I perfer to split the torso but most of the time it doesn't work very well for me so I just round off the peg of the arm/leg and work it back inside. Sometimes it takes a little shaping to get it to fit. Other times, I just get upset and cut off the end of the peg and glue it arm/leg on.
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline Nirvana

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 3, 2006, 04:35 PM »
Boil/pop has always worked for me. Occasionally I had to shorten the peg or reshape it to fit in a different shaped peg hole.
My whole expanse...I cannot see...

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 3, 2006, 09:43 PM »
You know, a plain old boil-n-pop really works for me.  I don't ever do the torso splitting... I just like the easy method without using a knife if I don't need to.  You'll find that some arm/leg peg knobs are different sizes, some you need to trim down a bit to get them to fit onto a new figure torso.

:P

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #4 on: February 4, 2006, 03:21 AM »
A lot cut a notch in the peg, and reboil/repop it, so yeah that's possible, just takes some work.

Also sometimes (if you're not extra careful) a limb's post will stretch when you pop it out so you may want to make sure it's gonna fit.  WIth Torso splits that's not a problem, you can rebuild the figure to make sure the fit is tight, but otherwise just look and kinda eyeball to make sure it didn't stretch at the post so it is loose when you repop the limb/head onto the figure.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Gregorbian

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I gotta get to Buckethead's Toy Store!
    • View Profile
    • Gregorbian's Photobucket
« Reply #5 on: February 4, 2006, 10:56 AM »
For some reason, popping arms and legs back in usually don't work for me (in fact, I almost always destroy leg pegs when I'm trying to pop them out).  Normally I go with a torso split and glue it back together. 
The scariest thing that I've ever seen,
Is the terrible AT-AT walking machine.
It's as big as a house on walking legs,
and whatever it steps on it crushes like eggs.

Offline Nirvana

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 4, 2006, 11:38 AM »
I've only destroyed 3 or 4 arm pegs but just from the #6 clone. I really hate that mold, it's horrible. Torso splitting just seems to complex, and too easy to screw up. I'd rather destroy a limb instead of a whole torso.
My whole expanse...I cannot see...