Author Topic: Jediknight760071's Customs *Started 2/5/06*  (Read 1979 times)

Offline Jediknight760071

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
Jediknight760071's Customs *Started 2/5/06*
« on: February 5, 2006, 06:55 AM »
Hey guys, I'm starting a thread for my customs finally, as it has been quite a while since I posted some of my work, and I feel as though I've lost some status and been bumped down to lurker. I also want to talk about my photo novel work, and what I'm hoping it will become. First of all, I'd just like to say that I went through the most challenging semester of my life and was able to crawl slowly out of an F, Ds, and Cs, to get, in the end, Honors credited As and Bs. I didn't quit work when the semester started, and when I got stuck with a 6 day week, evening shift, I still didn't quit. There was also a motivation problem on my part that really didn't help. This all allowed no time for customizing, as any free time I had was swallowed up by extra studies, hence the customizing hiatus. So without further delay, these are a few of the customs I've been able to work on:

Roronn Corob and Clone Commander Naric - You've already seen these in the group project thread (which I seem to have killed with my accidental posting of a clone :-\) but in case you haven't, here they are for the record.

Tomic Shious - This Endor rebel was created with spare parts for a scene in the first photo novel of the Ardan Torik Series, but the shot didn't make it in. Why any Rebels would be in existence 20 years before the events of A New Hope is beyond me.

Jola Maysin - To me, Naboo Guards seemed a bit weak in TPM, so I've been thinking about an Elite guard for the Royal family and representatives. I'm still in need of tools to expand the SOTE helmet that came with Luke, but I believe it might piece together nicely here.

Ceremonial Luke - I first saw this design in the Rogue Squadron comics and am trying to reproduce it with a Saga Luke I never traded off...It's going pretty well, but needs a few more coats and some touch ups to make his uniform nice and crisp.

Lenin Elus - Another photo novel story I've been brooding over is a plot involving a young Imperial Officer who experiences first hand the horrors of war and becomes, eventually, a Rebel Pilot in Rogue Squadron. The problem is I'm sensing Dark Horse taking the new Rebellion series in the same direction, which sucks for me.

Ardan Torik Series Customs

From The 2nd Part's Bar Scene - These few characters were created just for a scene involving Ardan Torik at one of Coruscant's under city bars.  The right-most character I'm not especially pleased with, but he fills the scene, which really doesn't focus on the customs, but a key change in tone regarding alien species in the core.

Two More Aliens - Here are two more background characters that fill in roles in the Ardan Torik series. I've since come to regret painting the Bespin Guard's jacket, but you'll see why soon enough.

Helping Alien Escape - These are two characters that aid Ardan throughout the 2nd part of the series. Originally, I wanted the Weequay to play the part of Sora Bulq, but later I realized he was much more compatible as a smuggler than a Dark Jedi.

Ardan Torik in Many Forms

Ardan Torik - Having realized I never let out whom or what Ardan Torik is, I just want to take the time to apologize for making everyone wait so damn long. Ardan Torik is a Zabrak, and acquaintance of Dexter Jester's. There's a lot of mystery behind the character and as I go along I think of new ways to develop him and explain his past in interesting ways. Hopefully everyone will enjoy his stories in the future.

P.S. I'm officially claiming Bespin as the set for the future of my photo novels. I've got a new idea for photo novels where I plan to stress the novel part of that word and hope that it's going to be a hit here on the boards. More updates to come soon.

Thanks guys!
Have a great night! :)

Offline Clone Commander

• Jedi Padawan
  • I ate my Lama!
    • View Profile
Re: Jediknight760071's Customs *Started 2/5/06*
« Reply #1 on: February 5, 2006, 12:44 PM »
Cool man!
Lots of customs, I cant exactly comment on all of them.
They are all pretty cool, but I have a small suggestion.
And it is to shorten the neck post on Lenin Elus in Imp/Rep. uniform, it looks longer than a neck should.
Also I like your commander Deviss with removable helmet.
Clone Commander Appo.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 5, 2006, 01:56 PM »
I can't comment on all of these at once, but I will soon!  What a great batch, you've really gotten good at this.  I do remember seeing that Ithorian (AWESOME) before, and that Clone Commander rocks.  I'll go into more detail soon.  Good to see you have more photonovel plans in mind too.

:P

Offline Jediknight760071

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 6, 2006, 01:11 AM »
Thanks guys...That nexk does bother me a little...Especially when his hands are behind his back.

Offline ThePerennial

• Jedi Initiate
  • "..And shoot the loudmouth first!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 6, 2006, 04:31 PM »
Please, PLEASE make more ardan torik photonovels! I'm dying to see what happens to him next!

Offline Gregorbian

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I gotta get to Buckethead's Toy Store!
    • View Profile
    • Gregorbian's Photobucket
« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2006, 06:55 PM »
Nice batch up customs here. 
It's weird, but my favorite might be Tomic Shious.  I like the overall look of this guy and the fact that he was made from spare parts is even cooler. 

I like Ardan Torik in his Mandalorian armor.  The color scheme is simple and effective. 
The scariest thing that I've ever seen,
Is the terrible AT-AT walking machine.
It's as big as a house on walking legs,
and whatever it steps on it crushes like eggs.