Author Topic: How do you display?  (Read 3643 times)

Offline Jimmy

• Banned
  • Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • LobotsDup
How do you display?
« on: September 18, 2003, 03:05 PM »
I dig checking out other people's collections to get a taste of what they collect and also for how it's displayed.

One major pet peeve of mine though is people that display their vintage and modern together. It might just be the anal collector I me but I just do not dig it.

I think IMHO it should be seperate. It was a different time and place. Also the fact that most vintage just look very out of place w/ any of the modern line.

Here's just a very small look at how I display things.
I have around 12 bookcases in the room and stuff in storage on top of that...

Hopefully I get a chance to snap pics soon of the room at least  ;)

Gotta love me or leave me alone....

Numero Uno LobotsDup fan

Offline dustrho

• Jedi Knight
  • AWESOME
    • View Profile
    • SANDTROOPERS.com
Re: How do you display?
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2003, 03:16 PM »
You have some cool stuff there Jimmy... very nice setup!  I have stuff mixed all together (vintage and modern), and that's because I don't have a lot of space for my stuff.  Once I have a big house with a huge basement, then my stuff will more than likely be separate from themselves.
dustrho

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2003, 03:22 PM »
I got this idea from Jim (rebeltrader) stole it and made it my own and I like how it looks.  Since I collect so much crap it is hard to spread out into dioramas like some people do (and I sometimes wish I could do)

I do like to keep things separate...by Movie and then by scene.  I also agree with you Jimmy on keeping Vintage totally out of it

Offline CorranHorn

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I can't think of anything witty to say...
    • View Profile
    • The Power Of The Customizer
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2003, 10:20 PM »
I tend to display my toys in diorama form and as such I mix vintage and modern up to get as good as an effect on the diorama as possible. Certainly the mixing of the two can seem odd to outsiders, but I've grown quite fond of the setup. Here's a few pics from my website to illustrate my display habits. I need to get new pics up some day, these aren't the best pics and some changes have gone thru, especially in the Jabba's Palace :P

Jason F.

- FFURG Admin
- Vintage Needs: Micro Collection Snowspeeder box and pilots, Micro Collection X-Wing pilot

Offline dustrho

• Jedi Knight
  • AWESOME
    • View Profile
    • SANDTROOPERS.com
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2003, 10:45 PM »
Here are some pictures of my setup (see below).  I have more pictures of my collection posted on my website.

dustrho

Offline Jim

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2003, 09:53 AM »
I have a setup similar to Scott. Although I am in a major transformation at the moment.  I just finished buying back a great deal of my old collection ;D  The only problem is my basement flooded pretty good a while back and all my display cabinets got severe water damage ag the bottom, which makes them a bit brittle.  So I am in the process of taking everything off the ground with shelves similar to Chris.  The only problem is I need alot of room.  I keep my vintage seperate from modern. Hope to have pics within the month.

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #6 on: October 2, 2003, 03:38 AM »
Holy living ****, you guys have awesome collections. Mine is sitting boxed in my parent's basement. I miss it. I have quite a bit here, but mostly LOTR, Buffy, and my indispensable G1 Transformers.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk