Author Topic: Lego Star Wars II: The Original Trilogy  (Read 25901 times)

Offline 77Skywalker

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
Re: Lego Star Wars II: The Original Trilogy
« Reply #15 on: September 7, 2006, 01:18 PM »
I've just gotten and received word the Return of the Jedi portion of the game is complete.

Offline JayDouble

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Let The Wookie Win!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 8, 2006, 02:42 AM »

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 8, 2006, 10:36 AM »
Thanks for the link JayDouble.  I just got done reading the review (for Gamecube), and it seems very positive.  I don't know that I've looked forward to a new video game this much for awhile, and I can't wait to pick this up on Tuesday.  I've been holding onto a Best Buy gift card for just that occasion :).  I actually just picked up the first LEGO Star Wars a month or so ago since it was a "Greatest Hits" selection at Target, and thought it was a lot of fun.  Now there will be a version set in the OT?  I'm sold. :)

Offline 77Skywalker

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 8, 2006, 12:22 PM »
I'm getting excited.

Offline JayDouble

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Let The Wookie Win!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 8, 2006, 02:17 PM »
Deals:

Target:
LEGO Star Wars II >>>>> XBOX 360 >>>> $49.99 ****

LEGO Star Wars II >>>>> PS2 / XBOX / Gamecube / PSP >>>> $39.99 ****

LEGO Star Wars II >>>>> GameBoy Advance / Nintendo DS >>>> $29.99 ****

****Free $5 Target Gift Card with purchase of any LEGO Star Wars II game shown // Quantities Limited // No Rain checks

Circuit City:
LEGO Star Wars II: The Original Trilogy >>>> PS2 / XBOX / Gamecube / PSP >>>> $39.99 ****

LEGO Star Wars II: The Original Trilogy >>>> XBOX 360 >>>> $49.99 ****

LEGO Star Wars II: The Original Trilogy >>>> Nintendo DS >>>> $34.99 ****

LEGO Star Wars II: The Original Trilogy >>>> GBA / PC >>>> $29.99 ****

****Free LEGO Star Wars II T-Shirt with purchase of any Star Wars 2 game // $19.99 value // While supplies last // Minimum 12 per store

Not sure on Best buy yet.

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #20 on: September 8, 2006, 04:07 PM »
Not sure on Best buy yet.

XBOX 360 >>>> $49.99
PS2 / PSP / XBOX >>>> $39.99 (assuming GameCube here, too)
Nintendo DS >>>> $34.99
GBA >>>> $29.99

The prices are pretty much the same everywhere--the only difference is that Target will have the DS version for $30 while the other two will have it for $35.

360 - $50
PS2/PSP/XBOX/GC - $40
GBA - $30

So really, the difference comes down to the freebies.  Do you want the $5 giftcard at Target, or the t-shirt at Circuit?  (Best Buy doesn't have any freebies, apparently.)

"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."

Offline Madcow

• Jedi Padawan
  • Isn't the Wokling cute? LOOK AT IT! LOOK AT IT!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 13, 2006, 09:00 AM »
Has anyone found a Circuit City with the free Chewbacca T-shirt? I am a HUGE Chewie fan and really need this shirt for my collection. I'll gladly pay you for it or if you have to pick up the game as well, i'll buy the game too (PS2 or PSP)....

Offline DoctorPadawan

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Get that poison out of your system
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 13, 2006, 08:40 PM »
Okay, I'm a dumbass, but I have to ask:

On the first level with the Tantive IV (can you tell I'm not a hardcore gamer), how the hell do you get anyone besides Threepio over the chasm to the door?  I tried to pick up the other Rebel and R2-D2 with the crane, but neither of them will go within the range of the crane, and even when I switch, none of them can jump/fly over the chasm.  Am I missing a really obvious trick?

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 15, 2006, 07:29 PM »
Picked up the game today, but I won't get to play it until later tonight. I'll give thoughts after that.

Anybody else have a really hard time finding this game, specifically the Xbox version? I went to about 5 stores before I finally found a copy at EB Games.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline DoctorPadawan

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 15, 2006, 11:02 PM »
Well, I found the way across the chasm (another one of those situations where I had to "tag in" along the lines of Anakin and Obi-Wan during the duel with Dooku in the first LSW game), and I just finished the ANH section tonight.  Overall I had a lot of fun playing the first third of the game, and I was pretty happy that a lot more cut scenes were used between levels with some being absolutely hilarious.  I won't spoil it for anyone, but the whole section after the gang get to the Falcon on the Death Star was laugh out loud funny.

Favorite visual so far though is Chewbacca running around with a Stormtrooper helmet on, waving at security cameras.   :D

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #25 on: September 16, 2006, 05:26 PM »
I've installed and played a few levels.  I'm playing them in order, so I'm still in the ANH levels...I think I have one more to go in Story Mode.  I'll complete all the levels in Story Mode, then go back and free play all of them to get all the minikit pieces and true Jedi status to open the "Jabba Door".  So far it's just as good as the first game with a few improvements.

The characters will go hand-to-hand in close quarters (except Jedi) and it's kinda cool to see Chewbacca ripping the arms off Stormtroopers!  ;D
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline 77Skywalker

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 16, 2006, 08:49 PM »
Is there a way to get invincibility in Lego Star Wars 2: The Original Triliogy? If yes, then what is it?

Offline DoctorPadawan

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 17, 2006, 12:37 PM »
After an hour or so of flying back and forth on the first level of the "Empire" section, I'm at a loss of how I'm supposed to get out.  I used the Snowspeeder tow cable on the 10 AT-STs, and no matter where I go, they just keep on coming, with no apparent exit (for me, at least) and no decrease in amounts of Imperials.   :-\

So, I went ahead and started the ROTJ section, and had a lot of fun.  The only thing I was kind of surprised at was Luke's relative ineffectual lightsaber use against the Gammorreans in Jabba's Palace (the Force choke works really well, though), and the seeming nigh-invincibility of the Rancor.  I also found it kind of funny that you can use the Jedi Mind Trick on Lando when he's wearing the Skiff Guard disguise.   :)

Overall, I have to say that I really love the first Lego SW game, and this one, like Matt says, seems to be just as good as the first one.

Offline 77Skywalker

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 17, 2006, 04:38 PM »
I've just come back from a mall.  In the mall, I had gone to EB Games and I played some of Lego Star Wars 2: The Original Trilogy.  It's really awesome so far but I haven't played the whole game.  Just some of the game.

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 17, 2006, 07:39 PM »
After an hour or so of flying back and forth on the first level of the "Empire" section, I'm at a loss of how I'm supposed to get out.  I used the Snowspeeder tow cable on the 10 AT-STs, and no matter where I go, they just keep on coming, with no apparent exit (for me, at least) and no decrease in amounts of Imperials.   :-\

Oh crimany, it took me FOREVER to figure this out. Remember those purple missile things? You have to take one up to the cave at the very top of the area, use it to destroy the ice and fly through into the next section. The rest of the level is just a bitch to get through, since AT-STs will be attacking you while you try and tow the AT-ATs.

As for me, I'm also playing in order, and I've just finished the ground part of the Battle of Endor, I believe there are 2 levels left for me to finish. Then it's off to Free Play mode and redoing Story Mode to get all the extras. I also love how you can use Prequel characters from the first game in Free Play mode.

Great game!
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks