Author Topic: Lego Star Wars II: The Original Trilogy  (Read 25888 times)

Offline 77Skywalker

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
Re: Lego Star Wars II: The Original Trilogy
« Reply #30 on: September 20, 2006, 12:02 AM »
I've just come back from a mall.  In the mall, I had gone to EB Games and I played some of Lego Star Wars 2: The Original Trilogy.  It's really awesome so far but I haven't played the whole game.  Just some of the game.

The levels that I played were Secret Plans (A New Hope), Through The Jundland Wastes (A New Hope), and the beginning of Jabba's Palace (Return of the Jedi) [Note: I did not get up to the point where you battle Jabba the Hutt's pet rancor].

Offline Artoo

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Lucky catch
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 22, 2006, 11:21 PM »
How much is WM's price?
KAY-BEE STANDARD RESPONSE:  "All we have is 1990's 'Robocop' toys."
WHICH MEANS:  "Holy ******* ****, please shoot m

Offline 77Skywalker

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 25, 2006, 01:52 PM »
I'd say about $40

Offline dafoo

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 27, 2006, 12:22 AM »
I loved the first Lego game,  play it all the time with my nephew.  I hope this game improved the default keys for two players; you can't fit two people on a keyboard like that!  I hate having to reset them all.

My sister bought this game for my nephew's birthday, I have to wait till the end of October to play it now! lol
who Learned you To spoke!

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 2, 2006, 04:28 PM »
I played the Demo over the weekend. I have to say that it's a lot of fun. If I had an XBOX 360, I'd have bought it.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #35 on: October 3, 2006, 01:46 AM »
Get it for the PC Anton.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 3, 2006, 09:34 AM »
Do they make it for the MAC?
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 3, 2006, 02:17 PM »
I don't think so.

I didn't know you had a Mac....great graphics on those, but kinda ****** when it comes to available games.

One question....can you play the Original Dark Forces on later Mac OS versions?
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Artoo

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Lucky catch
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 3, 2006, 09:33 PM »
Lego SW 1 is. I saw it at an Apple store, so SWL II should be coming soon.
KAY-BEE STANDARD RESPONSE:  "All we have is 1990's 'Robocop' toys."
WHICH MEANS:  "Holy ******* ****, please shoot m

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 3, 2006, 10:59 PM »

One question....can you play the Original Dark Forces on later Mac OS versions?

Good question. I played that one on my old system 9 mac. I only have a handful of games and the ones I play on a more regular basis, like Galactic Battlegrounds, all had OSX updates, except for Civilization II. Since I completed Dark Forces, I never bothered to look for the upgrade.

Lego SW 1 is. I saw it at an Apple store, so SWL II should be coming soon.

I must confess that I've been thinking about a 360, so if I do break down, SW Lego two will definitely be a purchase.
« Last Edit: October 3, 2006, 11:02 PM by Darth_Anton »

Offline 77Skywalker

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 12, 2006, 06:23 PM »
I got Lego Star Wars 2 The Original Trilogy for XBOX last week.  I beat and won the whole game.  I just still need to go back and pick up what I missed.  However, I did not like the yub yub victory theme in the game.  I would have much rather preferred the Return of the Jedi Special Edition victory theme.

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 12, 2006, 08:35 PM »
If you've only beaten the story mode, you may have at best beaten 50% of the game.

I've beaten almost every level on story mode, thebattle of Hoth and the level where you destroy the Death Star II I need to get true Jedi Status in story mode.  I finally found the red brick that allows you to purchase invincibility, so I can go back and play them again.

Did you also notice the price for the Obi-Wan, Yoda, Anakin ghost characters?   :o
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline DoctorPadawan

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Get that poison out of your system
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 13, 2006, 12:08 AM »
I've managed to get the vast majority of the gold bricks, with only one minkit canister eluding me (the one with the nigh-impossible-on-a-PC green flyover trick in the "Rebel Attack" (Death Star) level of ANH.  I've beaten them all in story and free play mode, imported the characters/minkits from L:SW 1, and I fiddled around with one of the "secret" levels outside the Cantina last night.  I've gotten all 10 bounty hunter missions, and all that remains inside the Cantina is the Super Story mode on TESB and ROTJ, and the character and minikit bonuses, and I'm complete. 

I think that the one extra that will do more good than anything else is the "score x" extra on several levels.  I think it's pretty much impossible to beat some of the character bonus levels without one.  I'm gradually going through the more "score heavy" levels to increase my total so I can at least get the double score extra.

Overall, the game is great, and a worthy successor (and dare I say improvement) on the superb L:SW 1 game.  Loads of fun.

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 13, 2006, 01:45 PM »
I've managed to get the vast majority of the gold bricks, with only one minkit canister eluding me (the one with the nigh-impossible-on-a-PC green flyover trick in the "Rebel Attack" (Death Star) level of ANH. 

I know the one you're talking about!  I think I may have to enlist a friend's help and try to get it with two players.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Sprry75

• Jedi Apprentice
  • semper ubi sub ubi
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: October 14, 2006, 06:40 AM »
Is there a way to do a super Jedi jump or something.  On free play in the Emperor's throne room in the last level of ROTJ, there's a bunch of stuff way up high.  My AI comrade can do these super jumps to get up there, but I can't.

Is the AI partner just cooler than me, or is there a way to do those kind of jumps (I'm talking about practically flying; it's not the double jump)?
"Really?  Sorry."