Author Topic: TRU "Hunt for General Grievous" Battle Pack  (Read 100161 times)

Offline TheBlackDog65

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
Re: TRU Hunt for General Grievous Battle Pack
« Reply #120 on: June 4, 2006, 02:58 PM »
Picked this up yesterday at a local TRU.  I have to say that the pack has fulfilled my worst dreams. The 3 blue arcs are just repaints of the orginials. The Red Arc Commander is articulated, but not to what I consider SA. The AT RT repaint is not the best, not bad just not great. His gun is very small and not a equal to what is in the caroon.  I'll take some pictures and post them later. I'm only going to keep it because my son realy wants it.
"For too long gentleness has been equated with weakness.  Yet it takes more strength to be gentle than to be mean."

John Keeshan

Wants: Saga Wave 3

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: June 4, 2006, 06:37 PM »
Someone at scum said Amazon canceled their order. It was placed late April/Early May. I hope there's a logical explanation.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Roton7

• Jedi Padawan
  • Roton, King of the Ozone
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: June 4, 2006, 06:46 PM »
The 3 blue arcs are just repaints of the orginials.

That's it, i'm not buying this.
Yo is what yo is.

Offline Darth Slothus

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: June 4, 2006, 10:02 PM »

My pics aren't that good but I really like these 2(gunner and Red Arc) at least..the waist doesn't move so you end up with 13 points articulation
on the gunner and red arc at least..haven't checked the blue ones yet..I consider this pretty articulated and I'm impressed. I really like the gunners' weapon I don't feel it's too small- the stuff in the cartoon was blown way out of proportion in my opinion anyway. The regular rifles  in the cartoon look enormous

« Last Edit: June 6, 2006, 02:47 AM by Darth Slothus »

Offline Jediknight760071

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: June 5, 2006, 02:26 AM »
I've got a big problem with this "dream" battlepack...the plastic. The extent to which it is flimsy is ridiculous. When I was pulling rubber bands off of the first blue ARC I thought he had a ball jointed head and was really surprised to find out it was just cheap plastic making it appear that way for a bit. Big disappointment for me...I thought this was the coolest idea for a battlepack yet. :-\ It's still pretty cool, but I just can't look at it the same way with the plastic they used for the figures.

Offline Sentinel

• Jedi Initiate
  • Show No Mercy!
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: June 5, 2006, 05:57 PM »
« Last Edit: June 5, 2006, 05:57 PM by Sentinel »
"Patriotism is the willingness to kill and be killed for trivial reasons."

-Betrand Russel

Offline Clone Hunter

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • Cybertronian Artifacts
« Reply #126 on: June 5, 2006, 10:37 PM »
The more I see, the less I want it.
My trade thread: http://www.jedidefender.com/yabbse/index.php?topic=10408.0
Email is your best bet to contact me.

Offline Roton7

• Jedi Padawan
  • Roton, King of the Ozone
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: June 5, 2006, 10:57 PM »
The more I see, the less I want it.

Same here...
Yo is what yo is.

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: June 6, 2006, 11:19 AM »
Anyone notice the Toysrus website on these?  No Longer Available!  So for all you people like myself who ordered these months ago we may be screwed. 

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B000CEXNP8/103-6278118-4848626?%5Fencoding=UTF8&v=glance

The TRU.com separation from Amazon.com can't come soon enough. Amazon has screwed up on every single SW order I've had with them since ROTS hit. My order has a new revised shipping date of July 2. ::)

These have been hitting locally but I haven't had the time to pursue them. I'm hoping they'll continue to ship for a while and I can resume a search once my move is over.

I'm in a separate battle with Amazon customer service right now about pre-orders not being filled (relating to Marvel Legends).  It's absurd to say the least and the latest moron in customer service suggested I have the option to cancel my order ::)  Well duh, no **** Sherlock, but that's not the point. 

I know I'm not getting my pre-ordered stuff even though those that ordered when the links went live are getting it.  It's the principle.  Suffice to say I won't ever pre-order anything from those clowns again, but I'm more than happy to continue arguing with them.
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Online Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #129 on: June 6, 2006, 11:27 AM »
My pre-order status still says:

Shipment #1: Not Yet Shipped

Shipping estimate: May 15, 2006
Delivery estimate: May 17, 2006 - May 18, 2006

::)
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: June 6, 2006, 12:28 PM »
I put out a fresh case at TRU in Minnetonka, MN. The intersting thing is that the box says that it's the Hunt for Grievous on it, but the sticker had the former Defense of the Senate on it.

Offline Darth Slothus

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: June 6, 2006, 01:19 PM »
I seriously smirk when I see any Amazon preorders in here ever. Thanks to all the folks' horror stories that I've read IN HERE about cancelled orders, flopping shipping updates ect over the last 2 years I learned to never order from them. I'm actually quite surprised(and amused) to see folks still take risks and order from them.

The latest? It seems alot of folks that thought they were being clever and ordering 3 THFG packs to get the 3rd free during the 'buy 2 get 1 free promo' are now (not -so) mysteriously getting burned with order cancellations. It happened to some folks locally that I know...pretty pathetic.

Overall, Amazon sucks for TRU toy orders, period. Why would folks continue to use them after seeing all the neg. testimonial in here over the last couple years??!

Offline MetalJedi

• Jedi Knight
  • The Risk Always Lives
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: June 6, 2006, 01:54 PM »
Well I've never had a bad experience with Amazon till now. But they fufilled half of my order with the Gunship. So if I never see the 2 BPs I ordered then I got the Gunship for 35 bucks shipped which beats paying 45 bucks for it in the stores.
I remember my dream now.

Online Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #133 on: June 6, 2006, 03:30 PM »
You know, the more I think about it, the more I think THIS is why Amazon isn't taking any more orders for (or even shipping the existing orders for) the TRU Battle Pack anymore...

Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Kit

• Jedi Initiate
  • "I want more clones and I know I shouldn't."
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: June 6, 2006, 04:09 PM »
In my scenario, Iam being told the availability of the item has changed.  It is actually not yet released, but they will keep the item on order for me until it is released.  When it becomes available, the status of the item on my account will change from not yet released to its new availability. ???

For some people, orders have been cancelled.  For some, release dates are pushed back until July/August.  For the love of God amazon, get it right!