Author Topic: TRU "Hunt for General Grievous" Battle Pack  (Read 100163 times)

Offline Greg

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: TRU Hunt for General Grievous Battle Pack
« Reply #195 on: July 12, 2006, 06:29 PM »
I ordered one from TRU on Friday, and it arrived today. I was very pleased with this set. I liked the CW ARCs a lot, so the SA Heavy Gunner and ARC Fordo were the icing on the cake. Luckily, the paint applications were perfect on all five figures. I din't like the plastic parts of the packaging though, since I thought I was going to rip a limb or two off of the regular ARC troopers while getting them out.

Offline Fritzkrieg

• Jedi Padawan
  • Don't make me destroy you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: July 12, 2006, 11:18 PM »
I got lucky and found 3 at TRU. Now I jsut have to reorganize my Star Wars room to fit them and there Gunship in my Clone Wars diorama.

Fritzkrieg
Fritzkrieg

Offline Jim

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: July 14, 2006, 01:02 PM »
Well, the TRU site has been up and running for over a week now and it SUCKS!  I ordered the Grievous Battlepack the first day it went on sale on the new site (July 7th).  The item was in stock.  It continued in stock for several days at which point my had not shipped yet.  I contacted them last night and I was told the item was SOLD out and my order would not be filled at this time.  WTF is up with that? I'm not having much confidence right now.  Seems like a new website with the same old BS as before. 
« Last Edit: July 14, 2006, 01:04 PM by Jim »

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: July 14, 2006, 10:49 PM »
I never got an official cancelation from Amazon. Are the orders being transfered to TRU or what?
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Jim

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: July 15, 2006, 07:58 PM »
I never got an official cancelation from Amazon. Are the orders being transfered to TRU or what?

Ant, I got an email from TRU/Amazon stating that any preorder scheduled to arrive after mid July would be cancelled. 

When I go to my account page on the old TRU/Amazon it no longer shows any of the preorders I had. 

Offline MetalJedi

• Jedi Knight
  • The Risk Always Lives
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: July 16, 2006, 01:20 AM »
I asked about my order a week ago and they bumped up my order to next day shipping and said it was still scheduled for a August 15th delivery.
I remember my dream now.

Offline MetalJedi

• Jedi Knight
  • The Risk Always Lives
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: July 17, 2006, 04:20 PM »
Scratch that I got the cancellation email as well.
I remember my dream now.

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #202 on: July 17, 2006, 11:38 PM »
I just closed my account with Amazon, I am so sick of there unreliable service, they have let me down one too many times. They gave me the free next day shipping too. They know very well that they would not be delivering this item and the gunship. They are desperate to keep our buisness, they know where you are heading - TRU.com.
I found this at a TRU store and cancelled it with them before they could do it to me. I knew they would eventually.

I am so pleased TRU has their own site now. I just placed my ATAT and Xwing order. Screw Amazon, they cater to scalper like Brians toys!
C'mon cancel your amazon accounts with me and send them a message. :P

I must say this set was a real letdown overall. The shoulder pards are flattened, the arcs are lame CW versions, the paint jobs on the helmets are wrong and Fordo does not have a antenna. Your not missing much if you did not find it yet.
My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/

Offline Gatillo

• Jedi Padawan
  • I'm a llama! So what?!?
    • View Profile
    • Yes, I work on Antarctic bugs!!!
« Reply #203 on: July 18, 2006, 10:13 AM »
What I do not get is why the plugged Fordo's antenna hole.  A little dremeling will fix that but still, what gives?
You are never alone when there's a clone.

"Feel don't think"...and she slapped me right after I said it too.

Offline Quazar

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: July 18, 2006, 07:24 PM »
Like EVERY battlepack, it's a mixture of good and bad.

But I'm used to that now.  Jedi V. Sith was the best battlepack for me personally since I didn't already own that Grievious figure.

But everyone of them is a mixed bag.

Here we get two cool figures and three very mediocre ones.  The red commander is good and the chain gun guy is cool, too.  but the others are pretty sloppy kitbashes with no articulation.  Good background filler, but that's it.

Still....my minimum for buying a battlepack is two good figures, so this one just scrapes by.  I'm glad I bought it, but not overjoyed.

Sith Lords Are Our Speciality

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: July 18, 2006, 07:58 PM »
Yesterday, I finally got a cancellation notice. :'(
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline CorranHorn

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I can't think of anything witty to say...
    • View Profile
    • The Power Of The Customizer
« Reply #206 on: July 18, 2006, 11:39 PM »
Ok so am I the only one noticing how irregular this Toys R Us exclusive is from the standpoint of availability in stores? Normally, TRU over-orders their exclusive immensely and they are easy to find. Many TRU's 2+ years later still have the Jedi Council scenes, add heavy ordering of things like the 12" Dewback, the OTC Vader TIE, the ROTS Falcon, and last year's Hoth Battlepack and I totally expected to be able to locate this exclusive. I know they're Clones and all, but this is the first time since the TIE Interceptor that I have seen neither hide nor hair of this exclusive.

I went to the customer service desk this evening at the local TRU and asked them to do a check, they did not have any in stock. When I mentioned that they didn't even have a tag for the item on the shelves, the girl noted that they didn't bother since for the few battlepacks they got, they moved too fast. She did a check of other TRU's in a 20 mile radius and none of them showed having the HFG battlepack in stock. This is Chicago's north side we're talking about, that covers at least 5 other TRU's and none had them. Is this just such a popular item (compared to the Target battlepack which is clearancing) or did TRU overreact to previous glut of exclusives?
Jason F.

- FFURG Admin
- Vintage Needs: Micro Collection Snowspeeder box and pilots, Micro Collection X-Wing pilot

Offline Gatillo

• Jedi Padawan
  • I'm a llama! So what?!?
    • View Profile
    • Yes, I work on Antarctic bugs!!!
« Reply #207 on: July 19, 2006, 02:29 PM »
I think TRU finally got sick and tired of having to give out SW stuff on clearance and decided to cut back.  In the case of this BP it sucks but overall I think it is a good thing.  Those damn jedi council things were around forever and those whatever packs (imperial, naboo, etc etcrapara, etc) also warmed the shelves for a long time, a long time.

Do not get me wrong, I wanted a jedi council but the only thing good about those packs was the council floor/seats. 
You are never alone when there's a clone.

"Feel don't think"...and she slapped me right after I said it too.

Offline DoctorPadawan

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Get that poison out of your system
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: July 19, 2006, 08:37 PM »
My local TRU got exactly one case of the HFG packs and never got another one.  They have gotten at least three cases (6 total) of the Gunship, the third case of which was just put out this weekend, but no shelf tag, no ARCs, no nothing.

This TRU *just* put the Jedi Council sets (they only had the one with "Agen Kolar" in it) on clearance for 9.98, and they still have about 10 Falcons at the original 50 dollar price.  Gobs of Polis Massans and Tarkins at regular price too.  I always thought that Wal-Mart was the worst in the world for not wanting to clearance anything, but TRU is beating the living crap out of them in that department now.

I have to say that the BP didn't bother me as badly as it did some people.  The blue ARCs didn't really bother me that much to be honest.  I would have preferred an SA ARC in blue, but I know better than to expect anything special with BPs.  My main problems with the set were:

1.  The crappy "slit" pauldrons.  I would have rather seen them go with the Sandtrooper style pauldron, inaccurate though it may be for the ARCs, as long as they would stay on.

2.  Fordo's antenna (or lack thereof).  Out of everything included (or not) in the set, this bugs me the most.

3.  Weapon selection.  Fordo doesn't have the traditional ARC handgun(s), I would have loved to have seen a missle launcher like the ARCs used in the cartoon, and the CHG has the wrong gun (and a GI Joe knock-off to boot).  I would have gladly sacrificed one of the blue ARCs had Hasbro included a Fordo with antenna and handguns; one blue ARC with the ARC rifle and one blue ARC with the gatling gun; and the CHG with the Falcon-style backpack cannon harness. 

All in all though, I think it's far better than the SITS Battle Pack and probably third overall after the Jedi Temple Assault and Clone Attack on Coruscant packs from last year.  From the looks of things, though, it's going to pale next to the Windu BP.

Offline Jim

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: July 26, 2006, 07:28 AM »
I got a strange email last night.  The new TRU cancelled my order for these.  They gave no reason as to why.  When I emailed them I got a generic email that did not explain anything.  Seems like I was just not meant to have these ::)