Author Topic: TRU "Hunt for General Grievous" Battle Pack  (Read 100170 times)

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
Re: TRU Hunt for General Grievous Battle Pack
« Reply #165 on: June 13, 2006, 04:30 PM »

That pretty much covers my assessment of them as well.  Unfortunately, I can't change my mind in a day or two and pick them up.  Since I was in the States, I opted for this over a Titanium 5 pack.  I did manage to get the best paint job of the bunch but it still wasn't spectacular.  I just decided that I probably wouldn't have another opportunity to get these clones, so I opted in. 

They let you into the states?  Why was I not informed?

If I was going to spend $27, and I was deciding between Titanium 5 pack or the ARC Clone battle pack, I'd go with the ARCs as well.

Of course, I probably would have picked it up if I didn't buy $114 in Tatooine wave figs at Target yesterday
« Last Edit: June 13, 2006, 04:31 PM by Dressel Rebel »
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: June 13, 2006, 04:48 PM »

North Dakota is only marginally the States.  I believe most Americans think it's part of Canada, and it might as well be.  Cold, flat, damned place.
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: June 13, 2006, 06:05 PM »

North Dakota is only marginally the States.  I believe most Americans think it's part of Canada, and it might as well be.  Cold, flat, damned place.

Oh okay, I thought it might be ND.  The authorities have been very good about informing me when you slip out beyond there.

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
  • Who watches The Famine?
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: June 14, 2006, 12:47 AM »
I opted for this over a Titanium 5 pack.  I did manage to get the best paint job of the bunch but it still wasn't spectacular.

You want me to pick one up for you? The 5 pack of Titaniums, I mean?

Kevin
The picture kept, will remind me...

Offline Jim

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: June 14, 2006, 01:52 PM »
For all you folks who ordered from Amazon, I have received word from them today after dodging a half dozen of my emails.  In short, your screwed.  Even those like myself who preoredered this back in Feb are out of luck.  They told me that none of the original orders were fulfilled.  I thought I had read that a few people actually received them but according to them this is untrue. 

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: June 14, 2006, 02:22 PM »
For all you folks who ordered from Amazon, I have received word from them today after dodging a half dozen of my emails.  In short, your screwed.  Even those like myself who preoredered this back in Feb are out of luck.  They told me that none of the original orders were fulfilled.  I thought I had read that a few people actually received them but according to them this is untrue. 

It's a pretty disappointing set anyhow.  But they should be readily available at your local TRU I'm sure.

Offline Jim

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: June 14, 2006, 02:50 PM »

It's a pretty disappointing set anyhow.  But they should be readily available at your local TRU I'm sure.

They would be if my $hithole of a store ever gets more in.  One person bought the one case they received and I was told no more were on order.  Even the other exclusive BP's like the Hoth were non-existant at my store.

Offline Darth Slothus

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: June 14, 2006, 03:50 PM »
Jim..I wonder if Amazon dumped the orders because of their fight with TRU. OK, NM..I'm not wondering it.

Offline Jim

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: June 19, 2006, 02:26 PM »
Well after telling me that my order was essentially cancelled, I get an email now stating my figs would ship at the beginning of August. ???  I firmly believe that no one knows what the hell is going on over there.  And to make matters worse I rechecked my TRU and they told me the same thing as last week.  We are sold out and no more are on order ???  So essentially some TRU's are gettng multiple orders while others are not ??? 
« Last Edit: June 19, 2006, 02:27 PM by Jim »

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: June 19, 2006, 02:34 PM »
I saw these for the first time last Friday at our local TRU.  They had two on the shelves, and although I was tempted, I passed.  I checked back yesterday and they were sold out.  Funny though, we still haven't seen a single one of those clone wars Gunships at our store, where as it seems many people are seeing them sit at theirs.  Not that I have the room for another one anyways ;).

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #175 on: June 19, 2006, 02:42 PM »
I firmly believe that no one knows what the hell is going on over there.  

I think you hit the nail on the head there.  You can call/e-mail Amazon.com 10 times in a day and get a different answer every time...  :-\
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #176 on: June 19, 2006, 04:30 PM »
I wouldn't necessarilly believe my TRU's information either Jim...  9 chances out of 10 they're in the dark on what's coming in on any given truck on any given day.  I have a friend who works for one locally and he is pretty blunt in telling me how clueless the employees are from management on down...  They only know what they're getting when the truck is unloaded and not sooner, so I'd not believe them on this...  NOt to say your store WILL get any stuff in either, just that it might.

My TRU's are hit and miss of late...  SW they're pretty decent on but other toys I noticed are spotty distribution.  The HFG hasn't shown up in Pittsburgh in any large quantity though if it's of any consolation.  The stores have only gotten in a case or two at the most and they've done the same thing with selling cases to a single person too from what I understand, so hopefully they see they're selling fast and get more in.  TRU's usually good with exclusives...  :)
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: June 20, 2006, 02:47 AM »
Found my pack today at TRU... I was impressed with the sculpts on the new blue clone and the red arc - decent articulation (even if lots of that was from other molds, and I have no idea if that's the case or not...) and I was thinking to myself how I might go pick up some more of these...

Then came the three grunt clones with their lame-ass rehashed elbowless sculpts and I realized that I'd just paid $25.00 for two solid figures and three crap ones.

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: June 20, 2006, 08:17 AM »
I know how you feel.

At first glance, it looks like a good deal.  Five figures at $5 a pop (as compared to $7 carded figures).

But then you open them and realize that the three pack clone trooper packs were a better deal (three figures at $3.33 a piece).

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: June 20, 2006, 09:01 AM »
I have yet to do this, but if you have a pre-order with Amazon and call TRU at 1800 869 7787, they are supposed to be able to transfer your Amazon order to the new website.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."