Author Topic: TRU "Hunt for General Grievous" Battle Pack  (Read 100158 times)

Offline 212th Battalion

• Jedi Initiate
  • oh crap...
    • View Profile
Re: TRU Hunt for General Grievous Battle Pack
« Reply #180 on: June 20, 2006, 04:13 PM »
i have managed to find tons of the hunt for grevious battle packs in my toys r us  last time i check there was like 20! i only got one bc you realy dont need any more then one keep on checking at your local toys r us's they seem to be getting tons of them in!
Momar and Fester

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: June 20, 2006, 07:46 PM »
Went to TRU again today, found 8 of these battle packs.  All 8 of them had sloppy paint jobs.

Still had to pass.
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline Bobafett77

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: July 7, 2006, 12:40 PM »
Hunt for General Grievous is IN STOCK right now at TRU.com!

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: July 7, 2006, 12:43 PM »
Careful ordering these online though, I've seen some really sloppy horrendous paint job examples on the shelves.  The articulation overall in this pack is bad, you should at least get a crisp looking set for your $32 shipped.
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: July 7, 2006, 01:17 PM »
I saw these yesterday for the first time in person... man this is such a waste to me.  I never really liked the Clone Wars version of the ARC Troopers, and to have to get several of those just for the Gatlin Gun Clone isn't worth it to me.  I passed, and am glad I did.  More for those people that are ARC Trooper fans I guess... but these just seem way too cartoonish.

:)

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: July 7, 2006, 02:47 PM »
This set looks really cool in the box and for the first time (in a long while) I wish I had left them IN the box.

You can tell these figures are kit bashes...the pauldrons don't even fit (or stay on for that matter).

I really feel sorry for kids (parents) these days who buy these Battle Packs to play with.  I had to remove all of the accessories before I let junior play with them because they are so  prone to falling off and getting lost.

Offline Mister Skeezler

• Jedi Knight
  • Now with winning smile!
    • View Profile
    • misterskeezler on Instagram
« Reply #186 on: July 7, 2006, 05:12 PM »
I saw these yesterday for the first time in person... man this is such a waste to me.  I never really liked the Clone Wars version of the ARC Troopers, and to have to get several of those just for the Gatlin Gun Clone isn't worth it to me.  I passed, and am glad I did.  More for those people that are ARC Trooper fans I guess... but these just seem way too cartoonish.

:)

I'm with you CHEWIE...I passed on this thing too. It just seems like a huge kick to the nuts to me.
-------------------------------------------------
(Formerly LandotheScoundrel)

misterskeezler on Instagram

Offline Jim

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: July 7, 2006, 06:25 PM »
For those of you that waited, the new TRU website has them in stock. 

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #188 on: July 8, 2006, 04:51 PM »
I've not seen hide nor hair of these locally...  I sorta hate to order online due to the paintjobs Dressel mentioned plus the simple fact they're $25 at retail and gonna cost $30+ at etail...   :-\  I need two, and would've appreciated buying at TRU, however they came and went here without any sign of more arriving it seems.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Jim

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: July 8, 2006, 07:54 PM »
I've not seen hide nor hair of these locally...  I sorta hate to order online due to the paintjobs Dressel mentioned plus the simple fact they're $25 at retail and gonna cost $30+ at etail...   :-\  I need two, and would've appreciated buying at TRU, however they came and went here without any sign of more arriving it seems.

Same for me Jesse.  I just bit the bullet on the extra I will have to pay for shipping. 

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #190 on: July 9, 2006, 02:57 AM »
I sorta hate to...  I dunno.  I'm asking locals tomorrow what they may have handy to sell.  TRU would overbuy a turd in a box, but if they got a $5 box of 30 Clones they'd order only 2 per store.  This battlepack just turned out weird...

I'm sort of hopeful more come into the TRU's...  There seemed to be more Gunships than battlepacks to go around.  >:(
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline ngrant

• Youngling
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: July 9, 2006, 12:48 PM »
I picked one set up this weekend merely to finally have the right clone troopers with the clone wars cartoon gunship that I got a couple of months ago.  The figures themselves are fine--- in the gunship and without touching them.  Not a quality caliber of item though--- And as I just got a really good look at the Obi-Wan that's coming in the Naboo wave of the Saga I see another less than inferior figure (from Ep I) being repacked with the only saving grace being a cloth robe.  Wish Hasbro would start making all of their figures in the same style as Obi-Wan #56.  I can just imagine finally getting a Mace Windu like that. 

Offline starkid500

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: July 11, 2006, 05:47 PM »
why do the pauldron has a slit on the side
Edit by AngryEwok - Don't put images in your signature.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #193 on: July 11, 2006, 08:37 PM »
To slip on and off the figure easily, as the ARC sculpt wasn't a figure whose head was easily removed.

Offline monstermonkey

• Youngling
  • What is this... "llama" you speak of?
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: July 12, 2006, 10:25 AM »
I got this set a few weeks ago and just opened it up, and I agree, its a big disappointment. The ARC Trooper is just a bad figure, you can't pose him in too many positions and of course, the pauldrons keep coming off. I might try to just glue them on. This definitely looks better in the box (just like the Target CLONE ATTACK ON CORUSCANT Battle Pack, those gray-detailed Clones were crap on a cracker).