Author Topic: How many of us are musicians?  (Read 12772 times)

Offline FX-7

• Jedi Initiate
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
Re: So, who plays an instrument here?
« Reply #15 on: May 12, 2003, 02:30 PM »
Spoonman, Come Together With Your Hands
oh, I get it Soundgarden

I actually played the sax in 6th grade I hated it so I quit
Medical Droid Extrodinaire

Offline TopJedi

• Jedi Initiate
  • The Toy Whore!!!
    • View Profile
How many of us are musicians?
« Reply #16 on: June 4, 2003, 11:13 AM »
I'm curious, how many members of JD are musicians or play an instrument.......

I play guitar......and currently have 4......an 80's vintage Epiphone flying V,an Ibanez, and junk strat copy (from a deceased cousin) and my favorite...my Jackson factory loaded with Seymour Duncan pickups.I play thru Marshall amps.

Anyone else out there have some music ability? ;)
Brian AKA TopJedi
sniperman76@hotmail.com

Always interested in trading for Clone troopers,Battle Droids and other army builders

Offline MisterPL

• Jedi Padawan
  • Sarcastic instigator at large.
    • View Profile
Re: How many of us are musicians?
« Reply #17 on: June 4, 2003, 11:17 AM »
If I weren't an artist, I'd be a musician. I love the piano but never took lessons. Maybe someday.

My son is a natural at it though. His teacher's amazed at how quickly he masters his lessons. (Great, now HE'S got my wasted talent...)

For now I just drum the steering wheel.  :-\
Post sober.

Offline TopJedi

• Jedi Initiate
  • The Toy Whore!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 4, 2003, 11:23 AM »
I took piano for a year and a half in my early teens.......my parents and teacher were blown away at how fast I could master soemthing....after only hearing it a couple times. I still have this strange gift to this day......I swear man, give me most any rock song......let me hear it thru 2-3 times and I'll have it down in 20 minutes ;)

I simply got bored with piano......and actually begged my parents to let me drop from the lessons....so I could go back to guitar.
Brian AKA TopJedi
sniperman76@hotmail.com

Always interested in trading for Clone troopers,Battle Droids and other army builders

Offline Reconsgt

• Jedi Apprentice
  • De Oppresso Liber
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 4, 2003, 11:24 AM »
I haven't played in years but I used to play guitar and bass. I sold all of the stuff off about 10 years ago. I have often thought about picking up a cheap guitar to play around with again.

Wayne Roberts or you can call me Sarge

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 4, 2003, 12:21 PM »
Been playing bass for the past 12 years.  My current band is currently popping in and out of the recording studio, working on our second CD-EP.  We've got label aspirations, and some strong material.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline dustrho

• Jedi Knight
  • AWESOME
    • View Profile
    • SANDTROOPERS.com
« Reply #21 on: June 4, 2003, 03:20 PM »
I used to play trumpet from 2nd grade until the end of high school.  For our state competition I ranked 1st for trumpet players in the state of Illinois.  I had a few scholarship offers come my way, but I didn't want to play trumpet anymore.  And in 12 years I haven't played it since graduating from high school.  Wish I could go back in time, because I could be playing for Boston Pops or the Chicago Symphony (something of great stature).
dustrho

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 4, 2003, 03:48 PM »
For those who don't know, the Chicago Symphony is probably the best symphony orchestra in America.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline hansloroll

• Youngling
  • attempting to complete my vintage collection
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 5, 2003, 01:50 AM »
In high school I played the tuba in return for bass guitar lessons which never happened .Now I sing for anyone that wants me to.Anything from Death to Danzig.I play a little bass still.I am no virtuoso but can write simple lines for a layout purpose and guitar in a similiar fashion.I prefer to leave the music to the true musicians that I work with.If they don't tell me how to do my job I won't tell them how to do theirs.
attempting to complete my vintage collection .Available for sculpting and painting.cantina monsters and droids a favorite project.

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 5, 2003, 09:35 AM »
Just air guitar and air drums  ;)
Common sense isn't so common

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #25 on: June 5, 2003, 02:12 PM »
Lot more answers for ya' right here Brian:  So, who plays an instrument?   ;)

Piano lessons for about 10 years or so myself, when I was a kid.  Still dabble a bit, but not much...

Ah hell, I went ahead and merged the two topics.  Hopefully that's cool with you Brian - if not, LMK and I'll unmerge them.  Probably a few similar responses in here now, but that's OK.  I also changed the original title on Snively's thread to your title Bri!   ;)
« Last Edit: June 5, 2003, 02:30 PM by JediMAC »

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
  • Who watches The Famine?
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 20, 2004, 08:32 AM »
I myself am a vocal singer, for I have not the patience to learn an instrument, but singing is just as challenging, and fun. Im a Tenor, and Ive been one for 4 years, because in middle school, for 2 years, I was a bass. Go figure.

Kevin
The picture kept, will remind me...

Offline P'dubs

• Jedi Initiate
  • Bow to the might that is the Sith.............
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 20, 2004, 10:17 AM »
I can sing just about every kind of music except rap, I just refuse to sing rap. I can play the guitar(electric, acustic, bass), and the drums partially, I really havent played drums in a long time.   I've sang for actual performances in shows on stage. If you're from the capital district or from NY period you might have seen me in the Melodies of Christmas choral a couple of times.
"They were all around me and they kept on saying "Utini Utini"."

Offline Dengar

• Youngling
  • Vintage Rules
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 20, 2004, 10:20 AM »
Note from JediMAC:  I merged Brian's (TopJedi's) similar thread onto the end here, so fast forward to page 2 for the newer replies to his post!   8)

----------------------------------

So who else can play some music?  What's your instrument?  I know we must have at least a few guitar players here!

I play upright bass, electric bass, guitar, mandolin, harmonica, sing, and keyboards.  I have a few projects you may be interested in.

justin hero
espa
justin hero
phatty phat

smileyfaceguy

« Reply #29 on: February 20, 2004, 12:33 PM »