Author Topic: EE's Exclusive Vader Bust  (Read 29561 times)

Offline Darth Delicious

• Jedi Padawan
  • Kneel...kneel before Wobb!
    • View Profile
Re: EE's Next Exclusive...
« Reply #30 on: February 20, 2006, 03:21 AM »
I'd say that the REAL mystery isn't what the exclusive will be...the REAL mystery is who the "unnamed editor" leaking the news could be!  Whoever it is, I'm sure he's credible...both as an EE source and a totally, unbiased "reporter" for another fansite.  ::)

It's transparent shilling at it's finest, but I like to speculate, so I'll play the game.

On the figure front, we know it's not going to be a figure that requires tooling...that's far too expensive, and EE is not a company with pockets that deep. So that leaves us with a repaint, which makes a clone or commando a possibility. I can't really see the big "H" giving EE a member of Delta Squad...too much money to be made on the retail front with those, I think. An all-white commando though...that would be cool. Kir Kanos seems possible, but unlikely. Most Star Wars fans have never even heard of him.

Whoever it is, I'm sure most of the ideas we come up with here will be better than what we actually get.

-DD
Back from the dead!!!

Offline DoctorPadawan

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Get that poison out of your system
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 20, 2006, 10:39 AM »
Adam Pawlus in Stormtrooper Disguise.

But Jared, where would they ever find a Stormtrooper helmet big enough to fit his over-inflated ego head?   ;D

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 20, 2006, 11:28 AM »
It'll be Kir Kanos - wouldn't be surprised if he's priced at $12.99.

Of course, the price includes a heavy duty clamshell and white mail order box... ::)

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #33 on: February 20, 2006, 11:38 AM »
Why is everyone guessing that it will be this Kir Kanos thing?  Have they hinted recently that they will be making him?

I must have missed the RS info too because I hadn't heard that (or at least forgot it if I did hear it previously).

Here's the RS nugget for reference:

"There will be a pile of collector oriented online and convention exclusives that I would get in trouble for talking about, so I won’t tell you that there is a new George Lucas action figure in the works or that a large e-tailer has got a very popular eEU Kiracter coming out soon. (Man, is my spell check broke? I think so, but I kanos say for sure…) I also won’t tell you that there will be any other convention exclusive cloning around this summer…"

I guess I can see how Kir Kanos can be done since it would essentially be a re-hash of the RotS #23 Royal Guard figure on a single card.  Maybe a new head w/Helmet and that's all it would take. 

Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 20, 2006, 12:44 PM »
Why is everyone guessing that it will be this Kir Kanos thing?  Have they hinted recently that they will be making him?

I must have missed the RS info too because I hadn't heard that (or at least forgot it if I did hear it previously).

Here's the RS nugget for reference:

"There will be a pile of collector oriented online and convention exclusives that I would get in trouble for talking about, so I won’t tell you that there is a new George Lucas action figure in the works or that a large e-tailer has got a very popular eEU Kiracter coming out soon. (Man, is my spell check broke? I think so, but I kanos say for sure…) I also won’t tell you that there will be any other convention exclusive cloning around this summer…"

I guess I can see how Kir Kanos can be done since it would essentially be a re-hash of the RotS #23 Royal Guard figure on a single card.  Maybe a new head w/Helmet and that's all it would take. 

Funny since he just posted in regard to the Kanos speculation someting to the effect of: "when has EE ever had a single carded exclusive?"

I hope Jay's guess is right.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Darth Delicious

• Jedi Padawan
  • Kneel...kneel before Wobb!
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 20, 2006, 11:56 PM »
So maybe it's Kir Kanos AND Carnor Jax.

And just for the record, Pawlus plays it very smug and clever in his posts, but if you've ever met the guy, he is a personality vacuum. I'd wager that in High School, he was on the receiving end of MANY wedgies, atomic wedgies, and the dreaded rear admiral.   ;D

-DD
« Last Edit: February 20, 2006, 11:56 PM by Darth Delicious »
Back from the dead!!!

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 21, 2006, 01:40 AM »
So maybe it's Kir Kanos AND Carnor Jax.

And just for the record, Pawlus plays it very smug and clever in his posts, but if you've ever met the guy, he is a personality vacuum. I'd wager that in High School, he was on the receiving end of MANY wedgies, atomic wedgies, and the dreaded rear admiral.   ;D

-DD

LMAO!  ;D

:P

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #37 on: February 21, 2006, 04:44 AM »
I'm with the majority in assuming this is Kir Kanos since that's been the strong rumor and they have the sculpt handy dandy.  They just need to give him a proper weapon really.

no huge deal, nothing to go giddy over, and nothing a customizer probably couldn't have done a better job on I'll wager.  Oh well.   :-\

I'll be surprised if it's something else, and if it comes in at a reasonable price (by my sense of reasonable anyway since some people seem to think it's ok to tell everyone that $10 is a reasonable price to pay for the current level of quality we get...  I, however, humbly disagree with that nonsense).
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 21, 2006, 09:59 AM »
I wonder if one can walk into EE to make a purchase? I'm also wondering if their network will be able to handle all the traffic they are going to get?
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #39 on: February 22, 2006, 02:50 PM »
Hmmm....  the plot thickens:

From YodasNews:

Gentle Giant Exclusive Anakin Mini Bust
Our Bothan Spy reports in that at the end of this month, there will be an Entertainment Earth Gentle Giant Exclusive coming out for pre-order, on or around 2/28/06. It's going to be a Revenge Of The Sith Vader bust with Anakin's crispy head. It will be limited to 5,000 pieces, and will be selling for $49.99 only on Entertainment Earth's site. As usual, our spy reports could change, but so far they are 5-for-5!

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #40 on: February 22, 2006, 02:54 PM »
If it's true will you bite?
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #41 on: February 22, 2006, 02:59 PM »
If it's true will you bite?

If it turns out to be an Exclusive GG Anakin Mini-Bust, I couldn't care less about it.

If it turns out to be an Exclusive Habsro 3.75" Kir Kanos/Crimson Empire set from Hasbro, then I'm in.

I just find it interesting that everyone figured R-scum's Kir Kanos hint was right, but then over the last two days these GG Crispy Anakin Bust rumors started popping up.  Hmmm, it will be interesting to see who turns out to be right...

Offline Darth Slothus

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 22, 2006, 03:07 PM »
Probably the GG is correct. I think since we saw that list on RS we assumed that the Kir Kanos was the EE exclusive -but, considering how often RS is wrong it really wouldn't surprise me if it's the GG exclusive..which if it were true I'd definately PASS. GG and other non-Hasbro companies' lines are just too damned expensive for me to get into. Not only that but.. I don't wanna ugly ass KFC anni in my collection room ::).

I guess we'll find out soon enough :P

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 22, 2006, 03:16 PM »
No reason why they can't have more than one exclusive.

My bet is on both.

SilverZ

« Reply #44 on: February 22, 2006, 04:38 PM »
I wonder if one can walk into EE to make a purchase? I'm also wondering if their network will be able to handle all the traffic they are going to get?

I've actually asked about this in the past and they need to process the orders through their warehouse, so there's a day or two lag, unfortunately. Maybe it's changed...