Author Topic: EE's Exclusive Vader Bust  (Read 29557 times)

Offline Darth Delicious

• Jedi Padawan
  • Kneel...kneel before Wobb!
    • View Profile
Re: EE's Next Exclusive...
« Reply #45 on: February 22, 2006, 07:05 PM »
I wonder if one can walk into EE to make a purchase? I'm also wondering if their network will be able to handle all the traffic they are going to get?

I'd order it from another online retailer, as they always have it cheaper than EE.

-DD
Back from the dead!!!

Offline Darth Slothus

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: February 22, 2006, 07:26 PM »
I wonder if one can walk into EE to make a purchase? I'm also wondering if their network will be able to handle all the traffic they are going to get?

I'd order it from another online retailer, as they always have it cheaper than EE.

-DD

Yeah that may be true but, you'll have to pay outrageous shipping and Lord Anton won't because it's a short drive from his house. You take that shipping cost off and I think He gets it cheaper (total cost is less);)

If it does remain true that it stays an EE exclusive then you won't be able to get it from another etailer. If you're in LA why not get it from EE(pick it up yourself)?
« Last Edit: February 22, 2006, 07:30 PM by Darth Slothus »

Offline Darth Delicious

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: February 22, 2006, 08:24 PM »

Still, if you live near EE then it makes sense...but you'd still probably need to call first and order them, as EE is pretty much a stickler for orders going through the proper channels.

-DD
« Last Edit: February 28, 2006, 04:49 AM by Darth Delicious »
Back from the dead!!!

Offline Darth Slothus

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: February 22, 2006, 10:27 PM »
lotsa folks got Astromech sets at cheaper prices from other etailers, then paid the shipping ::)

I wonder if it will be a 'strictly EE' exclusive this time. If so folks won't be able to buy it at the other etailers then.

Well....I couldn't see other etailers buying the exclusives off EE then selling them for cheaper still, hence losing money.

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: February 22, 2006, 11:25 PM »
Bust makes a lot more sense for EE than a single carded figure.  Fixed profit margin is there at $49.99 and 5000 units is a decent size.  If other retailers can offload Sandtrooper busts on preorder for $39.99 you know their cost per item is lower than that. 

A single carded figure exclusive for EE? 
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Darth Delicious

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: February 23, 2006, 05:26 AM »
lotsa folks got Astromech sets at cheaper prices from other etailers, then paid the shipping ::)

I wonder if it will be a 'strictly EE' exclusive this time. If so folks won't be able to buy it at the other etailers then.

Well....I couldn't see other etailers buying the exclusives off EE then selling them for cheaper still, hence losing money.

Well, like I said...I got the set for $10 cheaper, and got flat rate shipping that cost less than it would have cost me in EE shipping or in gas to drive there, so yeah, there's other E-tailers that are cheaper than EE, even on their own exclusive.

-DD

Back from the dead!!!

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #51 on: February 23, 2006, 09:08 AM »
The reason that other e-tailers can get EE's own exclusives cheaper than EE is due to EE's wholesaler area.

Many people don't know that EE offers a wholesale part to the business:
http://www.entertainmentearth.com/eedistribution.asp

So, places like BBTS or other on-line shops (or anyone with a wholesale tax ID) can buy things like the Astromechs with a wholesale discount from EE and then they can re-offer them on their own sites (usually cheaper since they are passing some of that wholesale saving on to you as an incentive to buy from them).

Just an FYI for all those who didn't know about that little fact...
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: February 23, 2006, 09:59 AM »
Yeah! It's a bust! I don't collect busts. 8)
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #53 on: February 25, 2006, 11:54 AM »
In case you missed it in the "other collectibles" forum... looks like the Crispy Anakin Mini-Bust is confirmed at this point.   ;)

Granted, there could still be more coming, but those Kir Kanos rumors sure have coolec off for now...
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Nathan

• Jedi Knight
  • Destroying the hobby one EU figure at a time.
    • View Profile
    • The Clone Wars Unofficial Site (in carbonite)
« Reply #54 on: February 26, 2006, 12:50 PM »
That actually looks pretty darn cool, although the ignited saber is silly since he can barely breathe without the helmet on, much less fight anyone. ::) Perhaps there's a removable helmet.
Twitter: @OKeefeNathan
Blog: Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Fanboy (in carbonite since '09, back someday)

Offline Darth Delicious

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: February 27, 2006, 04:35 AM »
I think it was extremely saavy marketing to leak word of an exclusive early to build "buzz," and let the fans speculate. That guarantees the fans will think of such cool possibilities that your actual product will never be able to measure up, and once it's unveiled will go "Oh, it's that? Who cares?"

Exactly what happened here. Yep, that's clever marketing indeed.

-DD
Back from the dead!!!

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: February 27, 2006, 03:42 PM »
So I guess there won't be a Hasbro SW exclusive this year?

Might be a good thing (in regards to the pocketbook)...

Offline VaderLOL

• Youngling
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: February 27, 2006, 04:47 PM »
And just for the record, Pawlus plays it very smug and clever in his posts, but if you've ever met the guy, he is a personality vacuum. I'd wager that in High School, he was on the receiving end of MANY wedgies, atomic wedgies, and the dreaded rear admiral.   ;D

-DD

I think it's more likely that the guy has been paid to deal with whiny, demanding, perpetually unimpressed Star Wars fans for so long that he just couldn't fake giving a **** about whatever garbage you were prattling on about.

Offline Chris

• Founder
  • Administrator
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #58 on: February 27, 2006, 04:54 PM »
And just for the record, Pawlus plays it very smug and clever in his posts, but if you've ever met the guy, he is a personality vacuum. I'd wager that in High School, he was on the receiving end of MANY wedgies, atomic wedgies, and the dreaded rear admiral.   ;D

-DD

I think it's more likely that the guy has been paid to deal with whiny, demanding, perpetually unimpressed Star Wars fans for so long that he just couldn't fake giving a **** about whatever garbage you were prattling on about.

He isn't paid to deal with Star Wars fans and has nothing to do with their being impressed or not.

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #59 on: February 27, 2006, 04:55 PM »
And just for the record, Pawlus plays it very smug and clever in his posts, but if you've ever met the guy, he is a personality vacuum. I'd wager that in High School, he was on the receiving end of MANY wedgies, atomic wedgies, and the dreaded rear admiral. ;D

-DD

So you did get your lunch money stolen on a daily basis?

Maybe we SW fans are "whiny, demanding, and perpetually unimpressed" because we are spending our hard earned money on something that isn't that hard to get right, yet Hasbro repeatedly screws it up. I don't think it is too much to ask to get some quality in what we are buying.
"This is the way."