Author Topic: EE's Exclusive Vader Bust  (Read 29554 times)

SilverZ

Re: EE's Next Exclusive...
« Reply #60 on: February 27, 2006, 05:02 PM »
I think it's more likely that the guy has been paid to deal with whiny, demanding, perpetually unimpressed Star Wars fans for so long that he just couldn't fake giving a **** about whatever garbage you were prattling on about.

Well, welcome to the boards.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: February 27, 2006, 05:04 PM »
Yeah they do make some pretty big screw ups from time to time.  Sometimes I think they only reason they are able to get away with it is because Star Wars is so popular.

:P

Offline VaderLOL

• Youngling
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: February 27, 2006, 05:05 PM »
So you did get your lunch money stolen on a daily basis?

Maybe we SW fans are "whiny, demanding, and perpetually unimpressed" because we are spending our hard earned money on something that isn't that hard to get right, yet Hasbro repeatedly screws it up. I don't think it is too much to ask to get some quality in what we are buying.

Hey, think whatever you like. I think it's ridiculous that you have to stoop to lame personal insults against some guy you don't even know, saying "MAN I BET THIS GUY WAS A NERD IN HIGH SCHOOL LAFFO!" just to criticize the company. I mean, there's some pretty mean-spirited crap in here about this guy.

You have serious complaints to lodge against the company and whatever it's doing, fine, but I find it hard to believe that the mod staff here is cool with someone bashing some employee with tasteless personal insults just because you're not happy with whatever Star Wars toys you're buying this week.

I mean, I don't walk down to the McDonald's and call you a zit-faced virgin loser because the burger you served me tastes like cardboard, do I?
« Last Edit: February 27, 2006, 05:10 PM by VaderLOL »

Offline Adam_Pawlus

• Jedi Initiate
  • I hate baseball
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: February 27, 2006, 05:55 PM »
I wonder if one can walk into EE to make a purchase? I'm also wondering if their network will be able to handle all the traffic they are going to get?

I'd order it from another online retailer, as they always have it cheaper than EE.

-DD

Actually, this one won't be.   Entertainment Earth sells pretty much 99.99% of its products both direct to consumers and also by wholesale, so any comic store, web store, or anyone who wants to can buy items wholesale from us and then offer them to the world at a price of their choosing.

This particular item is not going to be available wholesale through EE Distribution, so it will be $49.99 through Entertainment Earth starting tomorrow.  (We're also going to have it in a few bundles.)   There's also a $10 off coupon in our next catalog if you order $75 or more, which, if you also get a bundle, is a pretty spectacular deal if you like busts.   (And if you don't, well, obviously more for the rest of us.)

It's been a little... surreal to see you guys talking about me at length here these many months, especially given I don't think I've met more than a couple of you.  But hey, we all dish it out, it's not like I can't take it.   (And as far as high school goes, well, seeing as I've been writing about toys online since then, yes, it's pretty obvious what I was doing in those days.  But, thanks for speculating.   I wasn't aware people still gave wedgies past grade school.)

So anyway, thanks for the comments, it's nice to see someone doing part of my job for me as a marketing guy.   It's also great to hear what some of you have had to say as not every person I hear from gives frank, honest opinions about their opinions of things (although most of them do).   I typically try to keep my interaction with forums as merely reading what you guys have to say-- as you guys, Rebelscum, Galactic Hunter, Sir Steve's, and everyone else have a lot to say-- but, sometimes, it makes sense to say "hello."

"Hello," by the way.

Your Napoleon Dynamite-lookalike pal,

Adam Pawlus
16bit.com
--AP
16bit.com - Webmaster, Editor, Contributor
Entertaiment Earth - Marketing, Merchandising, Podcast
Galactichunter.com - Q&A, Figure of the Day, News

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: February 27, 2006, 06:28 PM »
I think it's ridiculous that you have to stoop to lame personal insults against some guy you don't even know,

I mean, I don't walk down to the McDonald's and call you a zit-faced virgin loser because the burger you served me tastes like cardboard, do I?

You're hilarious.

Offline Darth Slothus

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: February 27, 2006, 08:59 PM »
I think it's more likely that the guy has been paid to deal with whiny, demanding, perpetually unimpressed Star Wars fans for so long that he just couldn't fake giving a **** about whatever garbage you were prattling on about.

Well..nice start here!

then..
I think it's ridiculous that you have to stoop to lame personal insults against some guy you don't even know

Is it hypocrisy in effect here :P?

I don't even know this Adam Pawlus guy nor have read any negative comments about him until today(here) :-\.
Well..it's been entertaining then ::)

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: February 27, 2006, 10:02 PM »
So anyway, does anyone know if there is a removeable helmet to this piece? If there is my interest level will go way up.

Offline VaderLOL

• Youngling
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: February 27, 2006, 10:21 PM »

Offline Darth Slothus

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: February 27, 2006, 10:49 PM »
go back to RS flamer....LOL
pretty funny!

Offline Nathan

• Jedi Knight
  • Destroying the hobby one EU figure at a time.
    • View Profile
    • The Clone Wars Unofficial Site (in carbonite)
« Reply #69 on: February 27, 2006, 11:22 PM »
Twitter: @OKeefeNathan
Blog: Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Fanboy (in carbonite since '09, back someday)

Offline Darth Delicious

• Jedi Padawan
  • Kneel...kneel before Wobb!
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: February 28, 2006, 02:41 AM »

It's shocking to find myself on the same side as Darth_Slothus for a change instead of battling it out.

Your attempt at a "shot" with the McDonalds bit was pretty weak, VaderLOL...I'd be more than willing to compare income tax statements with you any day of the week. I don't consider myself a rich man by any means, but certainly I can top your job cleaning the glass in the nudie booths at Melonshakers.  ;D

-DD
« Last Edit: February 28, 2006, 04:49 AM by Darth Delicious »
Back from the dead!!!

Offline Gatillo

• Jedi Padawan
  • I'm a llama! So what?!?
    • View Profile
    • Yes, I work on Antarctic bugs!!!
Re: EE's Exclusive Vader Bust
« Reply #71 on: February 28, 2006, 10:35 AM »
I love Melonshakers ;D
You are never alone when there's a clone.

"Feel don't think"...and she slapped me right after I said it too.

Offline jjks

• Jedi Padawan
  • Belligerent as hell
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: February 28, 2006, 01:01 PM »

I'd be more than willing to compare income tax statements with you any day of the week. 

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: February 28, 2006, 01:46 PM »
Exactly.  Let's keep this on topic guys.

Offline Dan

• Jedi Knight
  • Got some
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: February 28, 2006, 02:41 PM »
Well at least he spelled belligerent correctly 50 % of the time.

I for one think this is a pretty cool exclusive, I just wish I could use those d*** Mastercard "galaxy reward points". I keep waiting for MBNA to get a new exclusive- I guess when they do I'll grab a couple at that point.

So, to get back to topic- does it come with a helmet?

And I'm an AP fan, for the record. Have been for years. I don't have to agree with everything someone says in order to value their opinion.