Author Topic: NFL Offseason 2006  (Read 21360 times)

Offline Ithorian Clergy

• Jedi Initiate
  • Straight up rocket scientist
    • View Profile
Re: NFL OffSeason 2006
« Reply #15 on: March 12, 2006, 11:15 PM »
F--k Edgerrin.  He totally took the money and ran on that deal.  The Cards may improve over time but the Colts were his best shot at a title, but that's clearly not what he was after.  I hate to see his talent go but RBs always seem to emerge so hopefully the Colts grab a good one in the draft. 

Does anybody know if, and what, the Colts were offering him in terms of a contract?
If you vote for me all of your wildest dreams will come true.  Thank you.

Offline Holographic Elvis

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I'll punch you in the junk!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 12, 2006, 11:57 PM »
F--k Edgerrin.  He totally took the money and ran on that deal.  The Cards may improve over time but the Colts were his best shot at a title, but that's clearly not what he was after.  I hate to see his talent go but RBs always seem to emerge so hopefully the Colts grab a good one in the draft. 

Does anybody know if, and what, the Colts were offering him in terms of a contract?

I don't even think they were able to make an offer.

Offline Clone On Fire

• Youngling
  • Blaze of Glory
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 13, 2006, 02:30 PM »
Mike Anderson and Jamal Lewis have both signed with the Ravens.  That's quite a 1-2 at RB.  Is Chester Taylor still there as well?
They cannot conquer forever!

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #18 on: March 13, 2006, 06:49 PM »
Super Bowl star Antwan Randle El went to Washington.  People are sort of bummed around here but at the same time Pittsburgh's not known to catering to the high priced so nobody really cared either.  Figure they'll just find someone to replace him.  Plus IMO he's good but not "great" to command what he got.  He had some pretty bad games in the regular season and wasn't even our #1 receiver... 
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Online Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #19 on: March 13, 2006, 07:54 PM »
Is Chester Taylor still there as well?

No...  Vikings Sign Taylor
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 13, 2006, 08:00 PM »
Super Bowl star Antwan Randle El went to Washington.  People are sort of bummed around here but at the same time Pittsburgh's not known to catering to the high priced so nobody really cared either.  Figure they'll just find someone to replace him.  Plus IMO he's good but not "great" to command what he got.  He had some pretty bad games in the regular season and wasn't even our #1 receiver... 

I would like to personally thank him for probably the most boneheaded play I've ever seen - the lateral to a unsuspecting Steeler at the 5 yard line that was recovered by the Patriots.   :P

Not that that play mattered much in the grand scheme of things.
Common sense isn't so common

Offline John C

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 14, 2006, 02:29 PM »
Bye bye Daunte.  Traded to the Dolphins for a crappy second rounder.  I don't know what to think right now.  On one hand, he didn't want to be here, is injured, never was able to win big games and was a nutjob.  On the other hand, a second rounder is nothing for a former Pro Bowl QB if he recovers.  I would have liked to see them keep him until the injury was healed, but I guess I just have to let it go.  I just hope they go out and pick up a backup that has some good NFL experience.  I'd take McCown, Griese or Matt Schaub.  I don't want to see them sign Nall, Green Bay's 3rd stringer.  Ugh. 

Online Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #22 on: March 14, 2006, 03:30 PM »
A second-round pick and that's it?   ::)

Goodbye and good riddance I guess.  I wish Daunte all the same championship luck that Marino had in Miami...  :-X

As for the QB situation, I agree with you that they better find something better than Nall to back-up Brad.  :-\

Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 14, 2006, 03:43 PM »
Quite a precipitous drop from the years they lost to Atlanta and then the Giants in the playoffs.  Hard to think the peak was that far back. 

Presumably they get room under the cap with this move and they're officially in rebuilding mode (again).  Now both my Moss and Culpepper Vikings figures from McFarlane are retro figures.  That oughta boost their value ::)

Is Minnesota still in the running for Brees? 
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Matt Carroll

• Jedi Initiate
  • Who shot who in the what now?
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 14, 2006, 04:01 PM »
Is Minnesota still in the running for Brees? 

Nope....
Matt Carroll
udflyerman (at) gmail (dot) com
Always looking for rare/unusual Darth Vader items to add to my collection

Offline Ithorian Clergy

• Jedi Initiate
  • Straight up rocket scientist
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 14, 2006, 04:26 PM »
Oh geez, if Drew Brees wanted a shot at winning anything, I think he should have stayed in San Diego with Gates and Tomlinson.  What a 6 years he is in for.
If you vote for me all of your wildest dreams will come true.  Thank you.

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 14, 2006, 04:41 PM »
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline John C

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 14, 2006, 05:54 PM »
Brees is gone.  Kitna reportedly went to Detroit.  I didn't really want Brees anyway.  His shoulder may not be healed, and even if it is, he's not a strong armed type IMO.  They better use the 6 million Daunte was due on a solid QB. 

Offline Paul

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 18, 2006, 06:06 PM »
TO is now a Cowboy....

If it weren't for the burn ban, I'd have a barrel full of Cowboys stuff on fire right now...

I'm sure I'll get over it if the Cowboys actually win a game with TO, but for now, I'm not happy.  I don't believe in winning at all costs, if the price is my dignity or soul.

Offline Chris M

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Time to nut up or shut up.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 19, 2006, 09:17 AM »
Absolutely ******* amazing.  Jerry actually thinks TO will keep his mouth closed while he's here.  Antonio Bryant sure as hell didn't, and Parcells let him go.  Parcells isn't the kind of person to put up with those kinds of antics.

I read in the Dallas paper on Thursday that the Cowboys sales office was told to be ready for an influx of season ticket holders possibly returning theirs.

Did anyone see Rosenhaus last night in the press conference claiming that 7 other teams were really trying to get TO.  Funny, becasue we never heard of any of those negotiations and we also know that Rosenhaus/TO can't keep their collective mouths closed.  I think he's also full of ****.
"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote."  Ben franklin

Embrace the suck.