Author Topic: Monthly Customizing Challenge - Month 11: Fan-Fic Aliens  (Read 36659 times)

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Re: Monthly Customizing Challenge - Month 11
« Reply #15 on: February 20, 2006, 10:32 PM »
That is very true... I wonder what he ends up doing with Mas Amedda after ROTS?  I think that he could be a lifetime advisor to Palpatine.  Amedda is one character that really seems to be overlooked as a possible important character in what transpires.  He could have at the time of Valorum's fall from grace changed things to keep Palpatine out of power perhaps, but saw the momentum and possiblity for greater power with Palpatine. 

:P

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 20, 2006, 10:51 PM »
But then again... what kind of Imperials really would work for this?  I'm afraid too many people would make a bland figure like this one I made -

I know you could throw on some Veers armor or something, and maybe I'm being narrow minded here... but usually the point of these is to try and be really creative.  I think that there are a lot of options out there... you just have to think outside the box a bit... I'm all for the aliens.  It gives you a chance to try some sort of new alien that is from your imagination... like Phruby's Mongo Beefhead!

Offline BrentS

• Jedi Knight
  • I sense much fear in you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 20, 2006, 11:16 PM »
That is very true... I wonder what he ends up doing with Mas Amedda after ROTS?  I think that he could be a lifetime advisor to Palpatine.  Amedda is one character that really seems to be overlooked as a possible important character in what transpires.  He could have at the time of Valorum's fall from grace changed things to keep Palpatine out of power perhaps, but saw the momentum and possiblity for greater power with Palpatine. 

Come on Chewie, I've already told you what Mas Amedda does after ROTS.  He cover's KISS:

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 20, 2006, 11:17 PM »
LMAO!!!

Offline bocrebjedi

• Jedi Initiate
  • Gonk. Gonk. Gonk.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 21, 2006, 12:55 AM »
Okay, I'm a little odd with the customs I make and would make two possiblities for a customizing challenge.
1. Star Wars gladiator

I need motivation for a companion to my first gladiator

Not too happy with him, but I like the concept.

The other idea is one a friend and I were throwing around at a customizing party.
2.  Pimp My Gonk

With the new Gonks, it would be fun to see what different types of Gonks we could come up with.  (plus I love the droid  ;D )

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #20 on: February 21, 2006, 10:36 AM »
It gives you a chance to try some sort of new alien that is from your imagination... like Phruby's Mongo Beefhead!

Not to nit-pick, but wasn't that based on a Kenner protoype or something?  I thought the Mongo Beefhead was a "long-lost" Kenner idea that was once proposed for the main line, right?   ???

Anyway, back to the topic at hand.  I think the "aliens" thing really wouldn't be as hard as some might think.  Here's an example of something I did a while back that kind of fits with the theme (and if I can customize it, anyone can :P):

The Alien Jedi in that photo was made from an old X-Men Ice-Man head, which I added to a skirtless Ep1 Boss Nass.  I added some paint detailing and my "fire" Jedi was born.  Kinda inspired by the molten men (Crystar!) and other fire elementals.

Like CHEWIE said, just have to think outside the box a little bit.  I've used heads from Star Wars to make new aliens too - cut the ears off a Captain Tarpals for a whole new look.  Heck, even ust painting a human head can sometimes give you a creepy new alien species!

Just take a strange fodder head and build around it.  There are a lot of different lines out there to pick and choose from, should be easy to find something to work with - Corps, Batman, Marvel, etc.
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 21, 2006, 10:48 AM »
You're right about the Beefhead, Kenner did make some sort of prototype with that used.  I was just giving that as an example on how a head could be used to make it look like it was a totally different or new species.

That red headed alien Jedi is a good example too... lot of species out there can be changed up just a bit and they might look very different. 

If everyone is cool with the alien idea, I can kick off on March 1st with one as an example, and then I'll try and make a couple more for the end of the month.

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #22 on: February 21, 2006, 10:58 AM »
You're right about the Beefhead, Kenner did make some sort of prototype with that used.  I was just giving that as an example on how a head could be used to make it look like it was a totally different or new species.

Ah, ok that makes sense - I was just a bit confused.

If everyone is cool with the alien idea, I can kick off on March 1st with one as an example, and then I'll try and make a couple more for the end of the month.

Works for me... maybe we can consider Imperials for the next month?  Maybe not just Imperial Officers, but just Imperial Troops in general (like we did "rebel troops" and not just officers)?  I know some of you are just itching to use those AT-AT Drivers and Veers in some new customs.   ;)

Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Darth_Ennis

• Jedi Padawan
  • The beatings will continue until morale improves!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 21, 2006, 11:34 AM »
I can go either way on this one. Imps or aliens I can probably throw something together for either one or both. Ive been tossing an idea around for a Nogrhi for a while now this will be a good excuse for me to get of my slackass and do it. :P Ive got a never ending supply of Veers at my local wally world so imp officers wont be a problem either.

Of course sep droids arent a bad idea either but didnt we do that one already?

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #24 on: February 21, 2006, 11:36 AM »
I can go either way on this one. Imps or aliens I can probably throw something together for either one or both. Ive been tossing an idea around for a Nogrhi for a while now this will be a good excuse for me to get of my slackass and do it. :P Ive got a never ending supply of Veers at my local wally world so imp officers wont be a problem either.

Of course sep droids arent a bad idea either but didnt we do that one already?

Kind of. We did droids and we've done organic Seppies. So aliens it is?
"This is the way."

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 21, 2006, 12:39 PM »
We did do droids once but it wasn't Separatist Droids.  I was referring to fan fiction designs of them like maybe something like one of these... basically a new type of droid -

For March, I am definitely in the boat for all new fan fiction alien species (or something like Ennis said with a Noghri would be cool too as Hasbro hasn't made it).  I have at least 1-2 ideas in mind already and could probably make up to 5 for this one.

For April, I think a lot of people are itching to make some more Imperials so maybe that's a good idea.  I made these guys not too long ago and they're probably my favorite type of Imperial troop I've made.  Maybe not the most creative but I like them.

Offline darth_ripley

• Jedi Initiate
  • i'm the monster's mother...
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 21, 2006, 02:12 PM »
i would say alien species for March & Imperials for April sounds like a plan  :)

i'm kind of kicking around the idea of a Bothan spy for the alien challenge...i have no clue what a Bothan looks like though  ??? time to start googling  :P

Offline Jedi_Assassin

• Jedi Initiate
  • My people are dead, I shall have revenge.
    • View Profile
    • My Xanga
« Reply #27 on: February 21, 2006, 06:45 PM »
I changed my mind, I do like the alien idea. I've got a very cool idea for mine. As for the Imps., I think April is good. It gives me time to get me some fodder! ;D I hope that maybe in the future do like a fleet trooper thingy. Sorry, I have a big vocabulary, but I'm not very good with those words. Since all the versions to date suck, we could customize our own. Maybe this could be May or June? That's just my two cents.

Offline hemble

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • Ron's military models and custom figures
« Reply #28 on: February 21, 2006, 06:53 PM »
I like the alien Idea for March and any kind of imperial for April would be cool I'm getting a good range of figures now for fodder. And maybe somewhere down the track we could do some sought of dio scene from any of the 6 movies I LOVE DIOS.

Ron

Offline Smartypants1635

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
    • Sith empire
« Reply #29 on: February 21, 2006, 07:13 PM »
Sweet, if we do aliens I got my fodder. :D