Author Topic: Monthly Customizing Challenge - Month 11: Fan-Fic Aliens  (Read 36651 times)

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Re: Monthly Customizing Challenge - Month 11
« Reply #30 on: February 21, 2006, 08:54 PM »
I changed my mind, I do like the alien idea. I've got a very cool idea for mine. As for the Imps., I think April is good. It gives me time to get me some fodder! ;D I hope that maybe in the future do like a fleet trooper thingy. Sorry, I have a big vocabulary, but I'm not very good with those words. Since all the versions to date suck, we could customize our own. Maybe this could be May or June? That's just my two cents.

We just did Rebels back in December though. And that is more character specific so it would be better suited for a Group Project. Maybe you could sugget that to Phruby when it comes time to pick the next topic.
"This is the way."

Offline BrentS

• Jedi Knight
  • I sense much fear in you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 21, 2006, 10:55 PM »
The other idea is one a friend and I were throwing around at a customizing party.
2.  Pimp My Gonk

With the new Gonks, it would be fun to see what different types of Gonks we could come up with.  (plus I love the droid  ;D )

Now I think that would be a fun project!!

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 23, 2006, 09:48 AM »
The next group project will return to a single character again instead of a grouping of characters.
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline Darth_Ennis

• Jedi Padawan
  • The beatings will continue until morale improves!
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 23, 2006, 04:50 PM »
Any Idea on what that will be Phruby? Personally I beleive that Dash Rendar is sadly in need of an updated fig. I'm planning on tackling this one myself but im not sure where to begin.

AS far as my idea for the dio project, I was thinking of something along the lines of the outlander club only a little more seedy and smaller. I may do it once i finally get settled as far as the my current housing situation goes.

Offline BrentS

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 23, 2006, 06:02 PM »
I was kind of hoping that we'd settled on Aliens.  Even though the new challenge hasn't technical begun, I started making some custom heads from sculpy last night.  I'm going to try casting them into plastic and make a few aliens.

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #35 on: February 23, 2006, 08:27 PM »
I was kind of hoping that we'd settled on Aliens.  Even though the new challenge hasn't technical begun, I started making some custom heads from sculpy last night.  I'm going to try casting them into plastic and make a few aliens.

I think we did settle on Aliens for Month 11 (March) and Imperial Troops for Month 12 (April).

I think Phruby and Ennis are talking about the next "Group Project" FFURG v. JD (like the Clone Wars that is going on now...

Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Commander_Miseria

• Jedi Initiate
  • "Touching from a distance further all the time..."
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 23, 2006, 08:33 PM »
I still suggest transition charcters.

Young luke, Aged obi, transition clone/stormie mixes, rebel troop precursors.... that kind of thing  :-\
« Last Edit: February 23, 2006, 08:34 PM by Commander_Miseria »

Offline Jedi_Assassin

• Jedi Initiate
  • My people are dead, I shall have revenge.
    • View Profile
    • My Xanga
« Reply #37 on: February 23, 2006, 10:25 PM »
Yes, yes, yes, yes! I could totally work with that. We should do that, sort of a preview of the new Live-Action series. That could be really cool. I think all of these ideas are great. (Especially the Pimp-My-Gonk. LOL! ;D)
« Last Edit: February 23, 2006, 10:34 PM by Alderaan Gaurdian »

Offline BrentS

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 23, 2006, 10:26 PM »

I think we did settle on Aliens for Month 11 (March) and Imperial Troops for Month 12 (April).

I think Phruby and Ennis are talking about the next "Group Project" FFURG v. JD (like the Clone Wars that is going on now...

Okay, it must be a newbie thing... I can't figure the difference between the group project and the Monthly challenge.  Can someone explain please  ::)

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 23, 2006, 11:09 PM »
Things where a little reversed this month.

Typically group projects focused on just one character only (ie Dash Rendar) while MCC does a category of fan fic characters (ie. Cantina Aliens). This month since MCC was doing any diarama, the group project took over the character category and did any Clone Wars TV show character except clones themselves.

The next group project will focus exclusively on one or two characters typically with lots of reference pictures. We then design our version of that character using the reference pictures and lots of work in progress shots. Maybe we will do a verses group project with FFURG again. They make one character, we make a different character.

MCC will focus on any figure you come up with that fits into the month's theme.

Offline BrentS

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 24, 2006, 12:00 AM »
That explains it a bit better.  So for the MCC (whether verus FFURG or just ourselves) does anyone actually declare a winner :)

Offline Darth_Ennis

• Jedi Padawan
  • The beatings will continue until morale improves!
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 24, 2006, 11:16 AM »
The JD vs FFURG thing was great Id love to do that again. Even though it took nearly 3 months for me to post anything. My problem with that is for some reason these computers wont let me post any pics on FFURG, which is why i never got to post my Snoova. If we do the vs thing is there any way someone can post pics for me on FFURG?

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 24, 2006, 08:40 PM »
I'll post pictures for you. There is never really a declared winner in those contests. Its just to have fun and get as many people to partipate as possible.

But anyway, sorry for the hijack. Lets decide on the MCC. Are we doing Aliens, Cantina aliens or Imperials?

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #43 on: February 24, 2006, 11:08 PM »
I believe we have decided on Original Fan-Fic Aliens for March and Imperials for April. :)
"This is the way."

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 24, 2006, 11:39 PM »
Sounds good to me. :D