Author Topic: Sideshow 12" Darth Vader/Anakin (SDCC'06 Exclusive)  (Read 40415 times)

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
Sideshow 12" Darth Vader/Anakin (SDCC'06 Exclusive)
« on: February 20, 2006, 02:46 PM »
Whew! barely got my order in with minutes to spare.  It took me 27 minutes of trying to get in.

I was kinda of worried about pre-ordering today due to alot of people having the day off, and it falling on a Monday, but it all worked out. 

I'm hoping/looking forward to a slight slow down, with just one more Jedi or Hero, and the SDCC exclusive.

What's the SDCC exclusive?

« Last Edit: February 27, 2008, 11:10 AM by Jeff »

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
Re: Sideshow 12" Mace Windu
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2006, 02:53 PM »
What's the SDCC exclusive?

I don't think it has been revealed for sure yet, but Sideshow has dropped a bunch of hints that they will be offering a 12" SDCC Exclusive figure.

The leading rumor I keep seeing is a "Sith Eyes" Variant of Anakin or a "Old Guy" Variant of Obi-Wan (same figure as before, but with a new head).

Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
Re: Sideshow 12" SDCC Exclusive?
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2006, 02:55 PM »
Sith eyes = pass.

Old Obi-Wan = I'll need someone's help!

:P

Offline DualSaberMaster

• Jedi Initiate
  • "Oh great, it's Fett"
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2006, 03:20 PM »
As of now, the lead speculation is that it will be a Sith Eyes Anakin.  From all the hints, and the fact that usually the SDCC SSC Exclusive is some kind of retool/variant of an existing figure, that's my best guess.  It would make the most sense, since it would be a simple eye repaint, some tattering/burn damage on the clothing, and knowing they have SDCC coming up produce a slight retool of the existing head cast to give him more of a "messed up" look.  Remember the old adage "Why make one, when you can make two for the price of one".

If memory serves me right, I believe Dave Myatt said somewhere that it won't be a Han or Luke, or any figure in current 1/4 format. Take what you will from it, but here is a little interesting tidbit: (sixth question from the bottom)

Interview with Tom Gilliland

-Ricardo

"I'm like a bad penny, I always turn up"
"#1 Hater of PT Haters, OT+PT = SW Forever."

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2006, 03:24 PM »
My guess

Anakin in "Jedi-Jammies" from the bedroom scene in EIII  ;D
« Last Edit: February 20, 2006, 03:24 PM by jedijaybird »
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2006, 05:32 PM »
Well i woul dlike to throw my name in the hat for someone who needs help getting one. I can never afford to make it out there so if anyone get me one it wopuld be greatly appreciated. My guess it will be something cool that we will all want instead of something simple.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2006, 05:35 PM »
Well with my luck I would go there to get the SDCC exclusive and by the time I'd get in line it would be sold out.  Just like with Jorg Sacul and the Darth Vader C# exclusives.  :) 

Offline DualSaberMaster

• Jedi Initiate
  • "Oh great, it's Fett"
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2006, 05:45 PM »
From what I hear from people who have purchased SDCC SSC Exclusives, is that you pre-order on their site, and pick it up at the con.  Only the person who ordered it can pick it up.

IMPO this is the ideal way to do Exclusives, oh an of course limit it to 1-2 per person.  Hint, hint Gentle Giant? :-\
-Ricardo

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #8 on: February 21, 2006, 10:20 PM »
Thats not too bad, but i wish it was at all the cons and not just SDCC, especially now that there is one in NY.

Offline JediFirefly

• Youngling
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 21, 2006, 11:37 PM »
Well if they do make a SDCC exclusive hopefully they will do what they did last year and that was they made like 20% or so of the edition size available for pre order on their site to people who are not attending the con.

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #10 on: February 24, 2006, 10:33 AM »
More info from Sideshow:

In the collectible action-figure arena, Sideshow Collectibles of Westlake Village, Calif., is continuing with an aggressive push to expand its Star Wars line for 2006. Brant Bridges, production manager at Sideshow, told SCI FI Wire: "We did the Premium Format line and more recently introduced the 12-inch line, and we have been rabidly focused on it. We've broken the line into five sub-collections called Order of the Jedi, Heroes of the Rebellion, Lords of the Sith, Military and Scum and Villains. Because the line has been so successful, we are looking to branch out in ways collectors should be very happy about. Star Wars is where we will venture into unique body-shape figures—some of the creatures, the droids and the stormtroopers—we are going to tackle them."

Revealing their announcement lineup, Bridges added: "We have Mace Windu and Empire Han Solo here at Toy Fair. Then we are shipping the first 10 figures this year. We are planning a San Diego [Comic-Con International] exclusive figure, which was going to be Kit Fisto, the alien Jedi from the last two prequels, but reaction was so strong to Luke and Anakin, we decided an entirely unique character would upset collectors. For the [Comic-] Con exclusive, it will be a legitimate variation on an existing character."

So, at least that is more confirmation that the SDCC figure will just be a variation and probably strengthens the "Sith Eyes" Anakin rumors a bit...

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #11 on: February 24, 2006, 03:09 PM »
From what I hear from people who have purchased SDCC SSC Exclusives, is that you pre-order on their site, and pick it up at the con.  Only the person who ordered it can pick it up.

Sideshow has confirmed with us that this will be the case for the 2006 SDCC exclusive 12" Star Wars figure as well.  You'll be able to order it ahead of time and then just pick it up at the show at the Sideshow booth - nice and neat. 

They did not have any info on if any of the exclusives would be held back to sell to people who couldn't attend the show though...  :-\

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 24, 2006, 03:21 PM »
That's okay, I'll just give someone extra $$ to order two of them online under their name, (unless, of course, there's a limit of 1 per customer)... ???

Offline DualSaberMaster

• Jedi Initiate
  • "Oh great, it's Fett"
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 24, 2006, 04:26 PM »
My guess

Anakin in "Jedi-Jammies" from the bedroom scene in EIII  ;D

Hmm, interesting.   That's a pretty good guess.

Quote from: Dave Myatt
Considering no one knows for sure what figure it is, I'm amazed how many people are sure it's Sith Eye'd Ani. I'm not going to confirm or deny, but there are a few other things it could be... Smiley Face Kit? Mustafar Obi-Wan? Endor Poncho luke... Carbonite Prisoner Han... TPM Mace (with proper Ep I belt)... Bad Dream Ani...

What I will say is there is a good chance I might have listed the figure above... But you can never tell with me. ;)

They did not have any info on if any of the exclusives would be held back to sell to people who couldn't attend the show though...  :-\

I am pretty certain they do hold back a very small alotment for sale on their site after the con.

That's okay, I'll just give someone extra $$ to order two of them online under their name, (unless, of course, there's a limit of 1 per customer)... ???

So far it seems SSC is pretty strict on the 1 per person on the Exclusives rule.  I am sure they will stick to it on this one as well.
-Ricardo

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #14 on: February 26, 2006, 12:03 AM »
I hope i can find someone who can pick up an extra for me. I hate when exclusives are only for a specific show or region. I wouldnt mind as much if they were at all the cons.