Author Topic: Sideshow 12" Darth Vader/Anakin (SDCC'06 Exclusive)  (Read 40414 times)

Offline Holographic Elvis

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I'll punch you in the junk!
    • View Profile
Re: Sideshow 12" SDCC Exclusive?
« Reply #30 on: April 14, 2006, 01:50 PM »
Can't wait to grab that bad boy.  Gotta pre-order it so I can pick it up.

I hope we get a Darth Vader in the suit in this line. 

Offline Darth Gamboa

• Jedi Initiate
  • "Aren't you a little fat to be a stormtrooper?"
    • View Profile
Re: Sideshow 12" SDCC Exclusive?
« Reply #31 on: April 14, 2006, 03:17 PM »
I  wonder  which  version  of  Sidious  they'll  offer.  I  hope  they  offer  the  pre-damaged   Palpatine.
...of the Fifth Southside Tactical Marching Squadron

Offline JediTray

• Banned
  • Youngling
    • View Profile
    • JediTray's Website
Re: Sideshow 12" Darth Vader/Anakin (06 SDCC Exclusive2006)
« Reply #32 on: April 18, 2006, 10:17 PM »
I'll be trying to get the AnaVader on the 28th as well.  I hope Sideshow is prepared for the backlash this exclusive is going to cause, and has already caused.  I can only hope that the edition number is higher than what they say, and best of luck to all you fellow victims of this crap.  There's gonna be a lot of orders cancelled after that day, and I am going to reavaluate whether or not I will continue collecting this line.  I sure wasn't expecting something like this from Sideshow, especially on the heels of Luke Jedi just making it out.

The list of Star Wars licensees that are creating negative impact keeps growing, and that sucks.  So much for trying to complete another line yet again!

Anyway, all that aside, I sure hope I can land one, and best of luck!
"You're going to find that many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view." - Obi-Wan Kenobi

My Website

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 19, 2006, 12:46 AM »
I'll be trying to get the AnaVader on the 28th as well.  I hope Sideshow is prepared for the backlash this exclusive is going to cause, and has already caused.  I can only hope that the edition number is higher than what they say, and best of luck to all you fellow victims of this crap.

It surprises me when people get so worked up about exclusives that they are willing to drop a whole line because of it.  I think SSC is a hell of a lot fairer to their fans than Gentle Giant - at least this is merely a repaint, not a brand new item like the Mara Jade bust exclusive to Gen Con Indy from GG.

Offline DualSaberMaster

• Jedi Initiate
  • "Oh great, it's Fett"
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 19, 2006, 02:21 AM »
It surprises me when people get so worked up about exclusives that they are willing to drop a whole line because of it.  I think SSC is a hell of a lot fairer to their fans than Gentle Giant - at least this is merely a repaint, not a brand new item like the Mara Jade bust exclusive to Gen Con Indy from GG.

I completely agree with your sentiment.  SSC has shown time and time again, they are IMO at the forefront of customer/fan relations, and they are truly looking out for whats best for their customers. 

People would throw **** fits regardless, if it was a completely new figure, or as in this case a repaint of an existing figure.

6000 is a very fair edition size.  With a number like that, if you really want one, your chances are very good at aquiring one.

I mean they are pretty much doing everything possible to ensure fair distribution of a Con Exclusive

-Pre-ordering day for attendees
-Pre-ordering day for NON-attendees
-Limit 1 per customer

With all that said, I hope I can score a pre-order, so I can pick up that bad boy! :P
-Ricardo

"I'm like a bad penny, I always turn up"
"#1 Hater of PT Haters, OT+PT = SW Forever."

Offline jokabofe

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 19, 2006, 01:24 PM »
I mean they are pretty much doing everything possible to ensure fair distribution of a Con Exclusive

That's true.

But why even have a Con Exclusive, only available to people who are attending a convention in one part of the world? Why not just make it a regular issue figure, if you know that it's going to cause such a backlash? Personally, I feel like GG and Sideshow, and anyone else that has these "Con Exclusives" don't really care about their customers. I'm sorry that I can't take a week off from work to fly out to San Diego for the SDCC, but that means I can't own one of these items? Why not make them exclusive through an online retailer, this way anyone across the US has a chance to order it?

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #36 on: April 19, 2006, 01:39 PM »
I am just happy they are offering some to those who cannot attend. I hope i get one.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline JediTray

• Banned
  • Youngling
    • View Profile
    • JediTray's Website
« Reply #37 on: April 19, 2006, 05:01 PM »
Agreed, jokabofe.

Even HasBLO has the Shadow Stormtrooper up at this very moment for anyone to get.  Why throw a fit?  I for one have been trying to find one, just ONE line to complete for the first time in years, and I chose Sideshow's 12" line for the obvious reasons.  I love their product, and I'll probably shut up when/if I have this exclusive pre-ordered, but the handling of it and the edition size are just wrong.
"You're going to find that many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view." - Obi-Wan Kenobi

My Website

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 25, 2006, 01:58 PM »

Why not make them exclusive through an online retailer, this way anyone across the US has a chance to order it?

Easy.  To get people to attend the show in person.

If they offered all of the exclusives through an online channel, I think it's safe to assume that attendance would drop off considerably.

Offline jjks

• Jedi Padawan
  • Belligerent as hell
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 27, 2006, 12:15 PM »
Anyone remember the $5 off code for first time customers with Sideshow? I signed up a couple of days ago and they emailed me a code, but I'm at work and can't access my personal email from here.

Preorders start in 45 minutes for anyone attending BTW.

Offline DualSaberMaster

• Jedi Initiate
  • "Oh great, it's Fett"
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 27, 2006, 12:31 PM »
Anyone remember the $5 off code for first time customers with Sideshow? I signed up a couple of days ago and they emailed me a code, but I'm at work and can't access my personal email from here.

Preorders start in 45 minutes for anyone attending BTW.

The code is WELCOME.  I used it on my Han Exclusive pre-order.
-Ricardo

Offline jjks

• Jedi Padawan
  • Belligerent as hell
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 27, 2006, 12:43 PM »
I knew it was something simple like that, thanks!

Offline jjks

• Jedi Padawan
  • Belligerent as hell
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 27, 2006, 01:03 PM »
Well that was easy, preorder went through in no time. Now to sit back and wait for July to get here.

Offline DualSaberMaster

• Jedi Initiate
  • "Oh great, it's Fett"
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 27, 2006, 01:06 PM »
Well that was easy, preorder went through in no time. Now to sit back and wait for July to get here.

Yep, easiest pre-order to date.
-Ricardo

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: April 27, 2006, 01:48 PM »
I'm thinking the pre-order tomorrow for the non-attendees is going to be a nightmare.  The allotment is probably 500 or so?