Author Topic: Best Part of the Prequels: TPM, AOTC, ROTS, or Clone Wars Toon?  (Read 8374 times)

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
I was curious what your favorite part of the overall "prequel era" of entertainment we've seen so far?  Did you like one of the movies the best, the prequel trilogy as a whole, or was the animated Clone Wars series something that seemed the best to you?  I really like all of it, and enjoy Revenge of the Sith the most of the movies, but something about the Clone Wars cartoon just seemed really cool to me.  I know many people mentioned that they seemed to get the relationships of Anakin/Padme and Anakin/Obi-Wan to almost come across better than they were portrayed in the movies, even with what little time they had to do that sort of things in the toon.  I kind of agree with portions of that, and I thought that the animated series was done well overall.  Not to discount the movies though, they all had high points, with ROTS being my favorite personally.  What did you like the best from the prequel offerings?

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Re: Best Part of the Prequels: TPM, AOTC, ROTS, or Clone Wars Toon?
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2006, 04:48 PM »
Simply put, the final battle between Obi-Wan and Anakin was my favourite part of the prequels.  It was the best combination of action and emotion that really got the adrenaline flowing.  I've been waiting to see that battle for years and it did not disappoint.

The best line: "You were the chosen one!"  The pain in Obi-Wan's voice was very powerful.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2006, 04:49 PM by JesseVader08 »

Offline Clone Commander

• Jedi Padawan
  • I ate my Lama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 1, 2006, 09:57 PM »
I would have to say...the battle of coruscant in the clone wars cartoon and episode 3.
Clone Commander Appo.

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 2, 2006, 09:56 AM »
As a whole, I liked the CW cartoon the most. :P However, I have two favorite moments in the prequels. The duel between Maul, Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan is the best every photographed. There was so much going for that fight that all that follow paled in comparison. The other was Ian McDiarmid's performance in ROTS. Some think it was over the top, but I think it worked and was very classic SW. A bright spot in an otherwise forgettable movie.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Greg

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 5, 2006, 11:14 AM »
I still love Jar-Jar performance at the battle of Naboo. And I love Jar-Jar altogether. I mean, come on, how could you hate him? Seriously?

I like the Arena battle in AOTC, that one was cool.

Hmmm... Clone Wars cartoon... Lets see, I enjoyed Episodes 20 and 23. Those two were my favorites.

In ROTS, the space battle was cool, but it seems to get shorter and shorter each time I watch it. I guess the best part of ROTS is either the duel, seeing all those Wookiees, watching Yoda knock down the guards, Order 66, or the Battle of Utapau.

Offline Guttersnipe

• Jedi Initiate
  • Tramampoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 6, 2006, 03:34 PM »
The best thing about the prequels was the Lightsaber duels.
To see Jedi and Sith in their prime was excellent.

Offline dafoo

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 8, 2006, 06:07 PM »
Agreed, the Episode I lightsaber duel was by far the best.

Thinking of all the other duels they are tended to have extreme close ups (where you couldn't see the action), the setting as dark, the camera moves around and the action is whipping around such that you can't discern the moves.

The Maul fight is perfect, I wish that the same method was used in the rest of the PT.
who Learned you To spoke!

Offline Artoo

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Lucky catch
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2006, 05:45 PM »
ROTS has to be it for me,Greivous & Cody are great characters. ;D
AOTC has to be my least favorite of the whole saga,it got boring until Geonosis.
KAY-BEE STANDARD RESPONSE:  "All we have is 1990's 'Robocop' toys."
WHICH MEANS:  "Holy ******* ****, please shoot m

Offline Lestat

• Jedi Initiate
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 10, 2006, 04:24 PM »
I'd say the best sequence was the Maul fight. The best overall was the clone wars cartoon followed closely by ROTS.

Offline tonphanan

• Jedi Initiate
  • " Has anyone seen my wits?"
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 10, 2006, 09:46 PM »
The fight between obi-wan and Anakin is my favorite. I was happy to see Windu fall, he was a jerk.
Throw an Ewok at him

Offline LadyVader93

• Youngling
  • i love you...i know
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 12, 2006, 10:25 PM »
i loved rots! any part with lightsber fighting...except for utapau...i loved...the epic battle on mustafar,  :'( :) that was so sweet! almost any part w/ coruscant...specailly at nighttime...so cool! 8)  i also adored aotc...i absolutly loved aotc...except for kamino(some parts) and some other i don't particullarly like, but i loved the scenes w/ anakin and padme...on naboo...and other parts...

I LOVE AOTC AND ROTS!!! 8) ;D ;)
my master the flies have been taken care of
been swatted to death they were
died by lime-green swatter they did!

Offline DarthDooku

• Youngling
  • They want you to spy on me?
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 16, 2006, 11:46 PM »
 ilike the battle between sids and the jedi it shows how arrogant they were to not see it
Search for the exlax I must constipated I am-Master  Yoda

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #12 on: April 17, 2006, 04:33 AM »
The cartoon.  It has the most imagination and sheer joy of any of the prequels, and it had more character, depth, and just fun in a couple minutes than the first two films had put together.

Offline Matt R.

• Jedi Padawan
  • I got nothing
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 19, 2006, 01:10 AM »
I love the films and the toons. I love the Clone Wars better than the PT, It should have been Episode 2. my order on the films (PT).

1. ROTS- my favorite of the PT. Palpatine kicking &%#!, the dramtic Fall of the Jedi Sequence is one of my favorite out of all six films. Obi-Vader at the end. Awesome

2. AOTC-Jedi kicking *!@# at the Arena, but too much love scenes and not alot of obi-wan. great film

3. TPM- fun film, but flaws. 1) Anakin has a child -he should have been older.  2) Jar Jar- worst character ever. the duel is the best of the SW Saga.

My order of all SW movies (no explain)

1. ESB
2. SW
3. ROTS
4. ROTJ
5. AOTC
6. TPM

Offline 77Skywalker

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 19, 2006, 12:46 PM »
I actually think the best part of the Star Wars prequels was Revenge of the Sith because it was really action-packed, it had a lot of lightsaber action, and it also explains almost everything for what will happen in A New Hope, The Empire Strikes Back, and especially Return of the Jedi (Note: Revenge of the Sith is very close in comparison to Return of the Jedi).