Author Topic: Wizard World - Chicago  (Read 25158 times)

Offline dustrho

• Jedi Knight
  • AWESOME
    • View Profile
    • SANDTROOPERS.com
Wizard World - Chicago
« on: May 8, 2003, 11:04 AM »

Hey, I think I want to go to this thing, but what exactly is going to be there?  I'm at their website right now, and it doesn't mention anything about Star Wars.  Has anyone ever gone to this show before?  If they have a bunch of Star Wars stuff, and especially those blue Clone Trooper busts then I'm going.  I've just never gone to anything like this before.

LMK... thanks!!!
« Last Edit: July 27, 2004, 01:34 PM by JediMAC »
dustrho

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Re: Wizard World in Chicago
« Reply #1 on: May 8, 2003, 11:13 AM »
According to the Official Site, the exclusive Clonetrooper bust should definitely be there, but in very limited quantities (I think only 1,000), so just showing up will definitely not guarantee you getting one.  Thing Jorg Sacul distribution at C2, but 30 times as hard.

I'm sure Hasbro will be at the show though - and might even have a new figure or two in tow, and there's likely to be lots of other Star Wars loot all over the place - dealers galore!  I'm sure you'd have a great time, assuming it doesn't cost ya' an arm and a leg to get in!  It's pretty much similar to the San Diego Comic Con, if you've heard anything about that...

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 8, 2003, 11:57 AM »
I would assume at some point they would announce a few Star Wars celebrities to sign autographs.  At least that's what they have done the past several years.  

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 8, 2003, 12:19 PM »
Hasbro will be showing off some goodies at this show and the San Diego Comic-Con.  So, it's certainly worth going just to see some of this stuff.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline dustrho

• Jedi Knight
  • AWESOME
    • View Profile
    • SANDTROOPERS.com
« Reply #4 on: May 8, 2003, 01:03 PM »
I'm sure you'd have a great time, assuming it doesn't cost ya' an arm and a leg to get in!

It's $20 for one day and $40 for three days... kinda pricey if you ask me.  I'll have to think about this one.
dustrho

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #5 on: May 9, 2003, 11:08 AM »
I've always heard this and Comic Con were a blast, maybe when Max gets a little older we'll make a trip to the Windy City for Wizard World

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 9, 2003, 11:10 AM »
A friend of mine has gone to this show religiously for the past several years.  Both of us went to the Wizard World Show in Philadelphia, which was a substantial show.  He informed me that the show in Chicago was easily double the size of the Philly show, if not bigger.

Feedback

Offline Chris

• Founder
  • Administrator
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #7 on: May 9, 2003, 02:43 PM »
I have been thinking about going to this show also, still have some time to think about it. I have also heard it is pretty fun so I will see how it goes.

Offline dustrho

• Jedi Knight
  • AWESOME
    • View Profile
    • SANDTROOPERS.com
« Reply #8 on: May 9, 2003, 03:36 PM »
Hey Chris, if you go there we should definitely hook up.  I'm not 100% sure if I'm going or not, but I'll keep everyone posted.
dustrho

Offline Boba Binks

• Jedi Padawan
  • The Most Feared Bounty Hunter on Naboo
    • View Profile
    • David Jonathan Syczylo
« Reply #9 on: May 9, 2003, 04:52 PM »
I have been for the last two years. Lots of cool things to see from games, comics, toys, celebs, ect. It is just a place to dress up (if you wish) and to have fun. Not as cool as DragonCon but worth the money if you just want to see some cool things and some really outragious costumes that some people wear. Usually Peter Mayhew, Kenny Baker, Dave Prowse, and Phil Brown attend the Chicago show. Last year a few more showed up that were in E2.
I plan on attending if I am not across the country for a new job. I just want to go so I can get the Clone Bust. I am a completest and I have to have them all. :) or I will go crazy.

If I can go I will drive up there for the first day spend a few hours to look around and drive back to Indy. Maybe if anyone is going we can meet for lunch or something.

I want to go just ot get my Clone Bust!!!  ;D
For those of you looking for me. I am now at www.sandtroopers.com

Offline dustrho

• Jedi Knight
  • AWESOME
    • View Profile
    • SANDTROOPERS.com
« Reply #10 on: May 9, 2003, 05:12 PM »
If I can go I will drive up there for the first day spend a few hours to look around and drive back to Indy. Maybe if anyone is going we can meet for lunch or something.

Most definitely!!!
dustrho

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #11 on: May 9, 2003, 08:15 PM »
I am a completist and I have to have them all.  :)  or I will go crazy.

Ain't that the truth...   8)  That's why I haven't skipped a single figure carded or loose in the almost 8 years of modern collecting!  Too afraid of losing my sanity!   :P

From dustrho:
Hey Chris, if you go there we should definitely hook up.

Now that would be interesting!!!  Be sure to take a digital camera with you Chris R.!  We want pictures!!!   ;)

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 9, 2003, 10:55 PM »
Ad I saw in Toyfare today mentions Hasbro and Star Wars as being at the Chicago show.  Stikfas, GI Joe and something I can't remember.  

This sort of stuff doesn't happen in Canada :(
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 10, 2003, 01:49 AM »
I have been for the last two years. Lots of cool things to see from games, comics, toys, celebs, ect. It is just a place to dress up (if you wish) and to have fun. Not as cool as DragonCon but worth the money if you just want to see some cool things and some really outragious costumes that some people wear. Usually Peter Mayhew, Kenny Baker, Dave Prowse, and Phil Brown attend the Chicago show. Last year a few more showed up that were in E2.
I plan on attending if I am not across the country for a new job. I just want to go so I can get the Clone Bust. I am a completest and I have to have them all. :) or I will go crazy.

I want to go just ot get my Clone Bust!!!  ;D

Count Phil Brown out.  He did his lat show shortly after Celebration 2.  He's now in a nursing home, as his wife is unable to take care of him anymore.

Feedback

Offline dustrho

• Jedi Knight
  • AWESOME
    • View Profile
    • SANDTROOPERS.com
« Reply #14 on: May 10, 2003, 01:55 AM »
Count Phil Brown out.  He did his lat show shortly after Celebration 2.  He's now in a nursing home, as his wife is unable to take care of him anymore.

That's very sad to hear about.   :'(
dustrho