Author Topic: Group Project XI - The Rykrof Project  (Read 80302 times)

Offline Commander_Miseria

• Jedi Initiate
  • "Touching from a distance further all the time..."
    • View Profile
Re: Group Project XI - The Rykrof Project
« Reply #60 on: March 1, 2006, 12:53 PM »
Just to confirm before I post anything is it okay if I make a different character :-\
I know the focus is to make rykrof, but I want to go at this in a little different approach. I was thinking to make the brother of Judiss, the Aqualish who was just killed during Rykrof's escape. I was thinking that he may not have known that rykrof was threatening Judiss, but more would have taken sides with the republic because of how the terrorist group made an example of him  :-\

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: March 1, 2006, 01:04 PM »
MurderWeapon, why do you always want to make something completely different from the focus of these threads?  >:( Why not just make the figure and start you own thread to show it.
« Last Edit: March 1, 2006, 01:05 PM by Master_Phruby »
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
  • Who watches The Famine?
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: March 2, 2006, 01:11 AM »
MurderWeapon, why do you always want to make something completely different from the focus of these threads?  >:( Why not just make the figure and start you own thread to show it.

Relax...step away from the Murder Weapon...step back...

Now, breathe.

And now you two kiss and make up.

Kevin
The picture kept, will remind me...

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: March 2, 2006, 01:58 AM »
well for one, i'm sorry that i don't always have the parts necessary to participate within the guildlines. I started collecting when the potf2 figures came out kinda gave up on it and didn't start collecting again until the ROTS line came out, so excuse my lack of fodder, but i didn't stick well enough to the star wars lines to be able to create really different figures.

Second, this is the 2nd group project i've even inquired about so to say I ALWAYS want to do something different is a slight exageration.

Third, Whats wrong with a little imagination? I understand the purpose of the project is to get a real focus in figures, but I was hoping there'd perhaps be a wider focus this time around   ::)

If i can't participate then sorry for wasting your time, but I can't say sorry for trying to find a creative way to participate and make due with the parts that I have.
I'm not sure i really even want to participate anymore, much less post, so say what you will.

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #64 on: March 2, 2006, 02:04 AM »

Third, Whats wrong with a little imagination? I understand the purpose of the project is to get a real focus in figures, but I was hoping there'd perhaps be a wider focus this time around ::)

I can't speak for Phruby but I'm sure he didn't mean to come off like an ass. The Group Projects all focus on one character (with the exception of this last one) where evryone makes their own version and then everyone compares them at the end. The MCC on the other hand is usually based on a category rather than a character.
"This is the way."

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: March 2, 2006, 10:04 AM »
MurderWeapon, the time to come up with suggestions is not in the middle of the assigned project. Do it when we are looking for suggestions not after everything has been decided.

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
Re: The Rykroff Project
« Reply #66 on: March 2, 2006, 10:35 AM »
how about just any charcter from enloe? Seeing as how not everyone has a endor rebel head.

...and there I am on page 2 and I got no response. anything else?

Offline Glassman6

• Jedi Padawan
  • Hey...Its Me!
    • View Profile
    • Glassman's Customs
Re: The Rykroff Project
« Reply #67 on: March 2, 2006, 11:03 AM »
how about just any charcter from enloe? Seeing as how not everyone has a endor rebel head.

...and there I am on page 2 and I got no response. anything else?

Thats part of the project... you have people offering casts, there is e-bay, there are online stores...

When you are making any other custom, do you just scratch the project casue you dont have the parts handy?  Or , do you get the parts you need? Trade, buy or steal...?

Well, whatever you do when you make a custom, is do that same thing here. If you hunt till you get the part you need, do it for this project. If you give up and skip the figure till the parts magically appear, then so be it, do it here.

All Phruby was saying, weither the "  >:( " was necessary or not,  is that the time to suggest the subject matter has passed. Now is the time to do, or do not do THIS subject.

I found this topic 4 pages in, I didnt suggest we change it to suit my fodder box. If everyone did that, we would never have a group project.

Lighten up guys, please lets keep this fun, this is to be a testament to How we enjoy ONE of chewies characters.
ANy variation of that character...theres been a dozen?  That is not narrow.
Lets keep focused on the customs at hand.

( steps down off his saopbox, becasue for some reason he keeps thinking he needs to get up on one)  ;D

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: March 2, 2006, 11:19 AM »
Well, I don't see why making a Rykrof figure should be that difficult for anyone, that figure is one of the cheapest ones in all the SAGA line to come by, is an army builder that was very easy to get, etc.  You can still get them now for just $4.99 righ there - http://www.toyrocket.com/jsp/catalog/productsfind.jsp

But getting mad at someone I don't think is the right thing to do, even though I don't see what the problem is in trying to make a version of this figure.

:P

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #69 on: March 2, 2006, 12:34 PM »
Hell, yestertoys.com has them for $2, it doesn't get much cheaper than that.
"This is the way."

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: March 2, 2006, 12:37 PM »
MurderWeapon, I'm sorry for getting mad at you.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: March 2, 2006, 12:48 PM »
Murderweapon, don't feel like you shouldn't post here because of a small disagreement.

:P

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #72 on: March 2, 2006, 01:01 PM »
Murderweapon, don't feel like you shouldn't post here because of a small disagreement.

OK,

#1 -
C_M, I think your post (or part of it) did get a response.  A few people suggested to you alternatives to use if you don't have a ERT v1 head.  The reason that the majority of people did not respond to the idea of changing the topic was that most people were already excited about the Rykrof project by the time you proposed doing something different.  Many folks have pointed out how the "Group Project" is different from the "Monthly Challenge" so I'll leave that point alone.

#2 -
I'll put on my Staff hat for a minute here...  I think enough has been said that C_M can see Phruby meant no disrespect and his post just read harsher than he meant.  We can all move on and get back on topic. 

#3 - why does everyone keep calling Commander_Miseria by "murderweapon"?  Am I missing something?   ???
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: March 2, 2006, 01:17 PM »
He goes by murderweapon over at RebelScum and CommandoCustoms.

Back to topic, my Rykrof is almost done. I just need to add some detailing and give him a "Chewie-style" wash. Hopefully you won't be able to tell the difference between them. Maybe I'll have time for a second one.
« Last Edit: March 2, 2006, 01:22 PM by Master_Phruby »

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #74 on: March 2, 2006, 01:23 PM »
He goes by murderweapon over at RebelScum and CommandoCustoms.

Ah, OK.  I figured it must be something...  thanks for the clarification on that.

Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender