Author Topic: Customs by Fritzkrieg Update 10-02-2016 Go to Last Page  (Read 355407 times)

Offline Fritzkrieg

• Jedi Padawan
  • Don't make me destroy you.
    • View Profile
Customs by Fritzkrieg Update 10-02-2016 Go to Last Page
« on: October 22, 2005, 11:03 PM »
I've heard great things about this site. So, I've decided to post some of my work and hopefully become a regular member of these boards.

LMK what you think.

« Last Edit: October 2, 2016, 11:13 PM by Fritzkrieg »
Fritzkrieg

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Re: Customs by Fritzkrieg
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2005, 11:44 PM »
Good to see you made it here Fritz. :) (I go by Sith Lord Chaos on FFURG)

You're customs have always been some of my favorites. I really like the Clone Army Armor pieces, and your Gree is one of the best around. I love your grey sniper too.

I'm a big fan of your latest WWII style Imps. I think that newwest clone is excellent, the snow style camo on the gun is a really nice touch. I think that the holster looks out of place though. I think that a more SW style holster with a Clone commander pistol, or some other gun, would look better.

I look forward to seeing more of your stuff around here. :)
"This is the way."

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
  • Who watches The Famine?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2005, 11:50 PM »
Your the guy!!!! Your the guy!!!

I'm a huge fan of your walker you made! I even sent you an email asking how much you would charge to commision one, back in the day.

I'm a HUGE fan of that piece, and welcome to JediDefender!

Be sure to introduce yourself in the newbie section!

Kevin
The picture kept, will remind me...

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2005, 11:26 AM »
Cool!  I'm glad you made it here.  You are going to be a great addition to this site.   :)

I am going to comment on each of those customs later today hopefully, when I have more time.  But first off - those are all awesome.  I recognize some of these from RS and TCA, I think.  I didn't realize you were the one that had made some of these, like the droids.  Very good work.

:P

Offline MetalJedi

• Jedi Knight
  • The Risk Always Lives
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2005, 02:55 PM »
Good to have you on the JD boards! Ive been a fan of your work for awhile. Absolutely love the Gamorrean and Trandoshan!

I remember my dream now.

Offline Quazar

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2005, 12:51 AM »
WOW!  Great stuff.

Some of these I've seen before on FFURG.

It's an embarassment of riches!  Sensory overload!

Quite a large, imaginative and eclectic group of customs.

That gamorrean is freaky and creepy!  And I LOVE the red-head TIE pilot!  I'm especially partial to the "Scarlet" head, obviously.

And my other fav is the "gung ho" headed stormtrooper.  Very cool!

wonderful stuff all around!
Sith Lords Are Our Speciality

Offline blaster_e11

• Jedi Initiate
  • Charming to the last
    • View Profile
    • My blog
« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2005, 04:47 AM »
welcome fritz

i love the WW2 like troopers (i'm not too fond of the he-man gamorrean though)

hope u like theses boards, there are gerat ppl here

Julien
"Wars don't make one great"

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 24, 2005, 12:08 PM »
Ok, I'll comment on as many of these as I can.

Arctic Trooper - Very nice, I think all you need to do is add some sort of Republic/Imperial isnignia to a shoulder.

Stormtrooper w/ trenchcoat - That's a smooth looking custom.  Are the arms still articulated?

Trenchcoat w/ AT-ST helmet - Very nice, I love how you smoothed the buttons off the chest.   Wish I was confident enough to do that too.

Piett - Looks good.  Did you use a Motti body?

Corps head droids - Wonderful, especially the first one.  They really fit in well with the Star Wars look.

Gamor - Looks like he came from the cartoon series!  Maybe dry brush him a little for some added realism.

Trandoshan - Easily the best in the bunch I think.  Wow!  What legs did you use?

Imperial Whipper - I like it a lot.  Whip those Wookiees!  Also, if it could be pulled off, a more "electrical" looking whip would look great.

Clones - They all look nice, especially the gray one w/ removable helmet

Twi-lek - Now that's what I like to see!  Good color choice.

:P

Offline jedistyle

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 24, 2005, 02:07 PM »
those are some really nice customs!

- the imperial officer in the trench coat is great, can you post a recipe for that one?

- the droids are awsome, especialy the first one with the star corps head! it looks like it could be an assasin droid, the first inthe HK series from "knights of the old republic" games.

- the gamorean could use some dry brushing, but otherwise is very cool, you never really see any gamorean customs that have other body types. the imperial whip man also could use a paint up, mabey even a little dry brushing, but very creative use of some cheap figures. i see them all the time at my kmart but never thought to use them like that.

- all the clones look great. the grey sniper is awsome, not sure if he is supposed to be a clone or not, but either way a great figure.

- the commander appo and his trooper look really well done, nice straight lines on the blue.

you have done some great work here and i can't wait to see more!

=jEdIsTyLe=
---------------------------------------------------------
" The first soap was made from the ashes of hero's, with out pain, with out sacrifice, we would have nothing."

Offline Nirvana

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 24, 2005, 08:31 PM »
Those are pretty sweet. I have to ask you though, how did you make those Masterchief Helmets on those clones? They look pretty cool.
My whole expanse...I cannot see...

Offline Joe

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 25, 2005, 08:59 PM »
A old company (i forget the name) use to make diffurent parts.Mostly casts of hasbro stuff,never the less-hasbro got POed and shut them down.
Cheers!

- Joe

Offline Darth Vorax

• Youngling
  • Will To Power
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 26, 2005, 08:26 PM »
I believe that company was J & R customs.

Fritzberg nice customs,very Eastern Front German WW2 like..I like that effect.I also use GI Joe parts to good effect!
« Last Edit: October 26, 2005, 08:32 PM by Darth Vorax »

Offline Gregorbian

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I gotta get to Buckethead's Toy Store!
    • View Profile
    • Gregorbian's Photobucket
« Reply #12 on: October 26, 2005, 10:04 PM »
Hey Fritz, glad to see you made it over to JD!
I've always been a big fan of your clever parts usage and paint apps - they always turn out great.
I really like those WW2 Imperials - great use of parts and the design is consistent with OT Impies (obviously)  ;)
Great stuff!
The scariest thing that I've ever seen,
Is the terrible AT-AT walking machine.
It's as big as a house on walking legs,
and whatever it steps on it crushes like eggs.

Offline Fritzkrieg

• Jedi Padawan
  • Don't make me destroy you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 30, 2005, 03:53 PM »
Thanks for all the Great feedback guys!

I'm sorry to reply so late. I've been a little cut-off from all Technology since Wilma came through South FL and snapped ever other telephone pole like a tooth pick.
    Luck for me I was in NC and brought back a truck full of generators and gas for friends and family.

I'll try to answer everones questions.

1> The Mech Trooper helmets are Master Chief helmets from J&R Productions. This helmet was a bonus they sent me for my orders being delayed. I've never seen any Halo figs in the 4" scale so I believe they are custom sculpted caste. It is a shame that J&R was shut down they filled a valiable niche in our hobby and only helped Hasbro sell more action figures to use with their custom pieces.

2> Peit in Trench Coat Recipe:Head=POTF2 Piet, Torso and Legs=Comtech Moti, Trench Coat and Arms=21st Century Toys (Battle of the Bulge German)

3> Dry Brushing on the Gamorean and Imp. Slaver suggetions-They actually are Dry brushed and it really helps pull-out the Detail in the sculpts. The Problem is that the Flash on my Digital Camera always washes out the the Detail and when I turn the Flash off  the images come out grainy and the detail is lost again. If anyone has any photography advise it would be greatly appreciated.

4> The Clone Sniper with Removable Helmet is actually a Storm Commando from the X-Wing novels and more recently from the New X-Wing Comic. I did take an Artistic liberty in adding the Night Vision Goggles to the Helmet.

5> Removing the Buttons from the WWII Germans is very easy. Just carefully shave them off with your Hobby Knife. Then use fine sand Paper to smooth-out the area. Finally tuch-up with some paint. The Imperial Tunics were based on German Uniforms only the Buttons were removed to loose that 20th Century feel.

Thanks again for all your comments,

Fritzkrieg

Offline Ner_vod

• Jedi Initiate
  • HAHA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 30, 2005, 07:33 PM »
cool customs and welcome to JD! ;D I've seen those on FFURg and I've got to say those are awesome.