Author Topic: Who's the "Boba Fett" of the Prequel Trilogy?  (Read 5776 times)

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Who's the "Boba Fett" of the Prequel Trilogy?
« on: February 28, 2006, 01:07 PM »
Besides the obvious answer of "AOTC Boba Fett" :P.  I was curious, what character from the prequels do you feel is the "Boba Fett" of that trilogy?  With the OT, it seems like Boba was the character who many fans liked, and many kids thought was "cool", despite not having an overly large part in the movies.  He "looked cool" and that was enough really.  Do you feel there was a character in the prequels that has the same time of appeal?  Would it be someone like Darth Maul, who was technically a "main character" although he wasn't in the movies all that much.  Would it be someone like Commander Cody, who has a "cool" design, but is not much more than a supporting/background role?  Do you keep it in the family and go with Jango Fett, who had the same type of look?  Maybe one of the Jedi...Mace, Plo, Ki Adi, etc.?  Someone else entirely, or isn't there a character that necessarily fits the mold?

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
Re: Who's the "Boba Fett" of the Prequel Trilogy?
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2006, 02:10 PM »
Maybe Aayla Secura?

She got a couple different basic figures and even an Unleashed figure.  She seems to have a HUGE fan following at conventions and stuff, but she didn't do much of anything really in the movies...

Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2006, 03:07 PM »
She's one I thought of too, seems to have a pretty big fan following.  Maybe not as much with the kids as Boba Fett had back in the day, but times are quite different now in that respect anyways.

Offline jokabofe

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2006, 07:43 PM »
I'd have to say Darth Maul. That guys was on just about every piece of promo art from Episode 1, even though he was in the movie for about 4 minutes.

SilverZ

« Reply #4 on: March 1, 2006, 06:38 PM »
Gotta second that - Darth Maul. He's the only character (aside from QGJ) that I ever hear people consistantly declaring that he should have been in all of the movies. And he's just about one step up the ladder of importance as a character from Fett is ESB/ROTJ.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #5 on: March 1, 2006, 08:59 PM »
Maul or Jango, though honestly Jango was somewhat integral to the story while Maul was a promotional gimmick plain and simple.  Maul could've been Dooku throughout the storyline.

So Maul's my vote too.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Clone Commander

• Jedi Padawan
  • I ate my Lama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 1, 2006, 09:56 PM »
My vote would be Jango Fett and his clones.
Just because they are the fetts!
Clone Commander Appo.

Offline Guttersnipe

• Jedi Initiate
  • Tramampoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 2, 2006, 03:01 PM »
Good question  ;D

IMO there will never really be another character that everyone knows so little about that becomes a fan favorite. What with comics, novels and cartoons etc. almost every character has been fleshed out somewhat. There are no more mysteries.

That said, I guess that I would have to go with Aayla Secura. She seems to be the most talked about 'minor' character.

Offline Padawan Wagaboodles

• Jedi Initiate
  • Choose wisely
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #8 on: March 3, 2006, 10:30 AM »
I like the Aayala Secura thought.  She, like Boba Fett came from EU to the movies. 

Jango Fett is the obvious answer, yet he's not.

Maul was popular, but not in the Boba sense.  He was more of the Vader replacement for TPM.  I think part of the problem was that there were too many attempts to have a Boba Fett in the PT.  We had Aurra Sing, Zam, Jango, and a lot of other minor characters who were pushed to be made poplular.

Offline Greg

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 5, 2006, 11:22 AM »
This is coming from someone in the younger generation here, I'll have to say Jar Jar Binks. As a 7 yr old, I loved him, and I still do. But if you need a more backround-ish character, I'll say Plo Koon.  He has got to be the coolest Jedi ever, and I rarely saw his figure on the shelves. 

Offline Reid

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 5, 2006, 07:25 PM »
Kit Fisto. Introduced in 2nd movie of trilogy, like Boba, had slightly larger role in 3rd movie, like Boba. Plus he's officially the coolest Jedi ever, period.
« Last Edit: March 5, 2006, 07:26 PM by HunterofThePegs »

Offline Greg

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 5, 2006, 09:03 PM »
Wasn't Boba in ANH, or at least the Special Edition? Thought I heard that somewhere. I guess Kit Fisto would be my third choice, but I forgot about him while I was typing my post.

Offline dafoo

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 8, 2006, 06:03 PM »
Plo Koon, definitely! He's my favorite to use in "Jedi Power Battles." Oh I love that game!

There a many of these characters.  Hard to argue with any of the picks
who Learned you To spoke!

Offline Artoo

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Lucky catch
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 18, 2006, 05:50 PM »
I'd say Mual or Cody,they seem to be popular & Cody looks cool as well.
Boba was in the S.E. ANH in the Jabba scene he made a brief cameo,which was mainly hamming it up to the camrea.
KAY-BEE STANDARD RESPONSE:  "All we have is 1990's 'Robocop' toys."
WHICH MEANS:  "Holy ******* ****, please shoot m

Offline Lestat

• Jedi Initiate
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 10, 2006, 03:52 PM »
Darth Maul would be my first pick (and I agree that he should've been alive the whole series). A close second Mace Windu who didn't do too much but he had this presence that when he did cut loose it was going to be bad ass (very similar to Boba Fett.) I think it's more how the other characters seem to defer to him more than anything else.

I don't think it really makes sense to put Cody up there unless we're taking the cartoon into account. Cody really doesn't do much more than the fifty other guys who look just like him.