Author Topic: POTF furry Chewie Question.  (Read 2372 times)

Offline Darth_Ennis

• Jedi Padawan
  • The beatings will continue until morale improves!
    • View Profile
POTF furry Chewie Question.
« on: March 1, 2006, 11:06 AM »
Apparantly there is a fuzzy Chewbacca variant figure that is supposedly worth quite a sum of money. I beleive that I may have this one but I am not sure. Can anyone give me any information on this, like what to look for or what not. Ive tried to research this myself but all my inquiries have come up empty. I can provide photos if it will help. Thanks in advance.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
Re: POTF furry Chewie Question.
« Reply #1 on: March 2, 2006, 02:42 AM »
Out of the 12" figures?  Both of the original Chewbacca figures were "furry".  They had real hair and wire armateur frames isntead of plastic/poseable bodies.  The figure looks pretty lame, you'd know if you had it.  The 1st was plain, the second had the ROTJ Chain/collar on it... 

Then they went plastic with it because they couldn't get it right otherwise. :)
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Madcow

• Jedi Padawan
  • Isn't the Wokling cute? LOOK AT IT! LOOK AT IT!
    • View Profile
Re: POTF furry Chewie Question.
« Reply #2 on: March 2, 2006, 11:01 AM »
Apparantly there is a fuzzy Chewbacca variant figure that is supposedly worth quite a sum of money. I beleive that I may have this one but I am not sure. Can anyone give me any information on this, like what to look for or what not. Ive tried to research this myself but all my inquiries have come up empty. I can provide photos if it will help. Thanks in advance.

There was actually 2 releases of the original figure, one in Asst #2 and one in Asst #4. Kind of like the DarkBlue/LightBlue box insert variations. I'm not quite sure how to tell the difference though since it's the same figure just different issues...