Author Topic: New JD Review: Princess Leia (Boushh Disguise)  (Read 3138 times)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
New JD Review: Princess Leia (Boushh Disguise)
« on: March 1, 2006, 09:48 PM »
Finally rounding out the Carkoon Wave... 

This week we're looking at:

Leia's a sign of better things in 2006, but unfortunately she's appearing to be a bit of an anomyly for the most part.  Articulation is out this year but Leia gets the royal treatment from the big H at least.  That's something right?

She's not too shabby otherwise either...  Some minor paint flaws on my sample, but not a whole lot to gripe about.  My big peeve was her right forearm's sculpt, that was it.  Otherwise this was a pretty great figure to me.

Check out my Full Review and chime in with your thoughts. 

Leia's a bright spot in an otherwise dull wave of underacheiving action figures from Hasbro, so enjoy her...  Hoth Wave isn't a huge leap in quality unfortunately.  :-\
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
Re: New JD Review: Princess Leia (Boushh Disguise)
« Reply #1 on: March 2, 2006, 09:33 AM »
Boushh was a pleasant surprise. From seeing the pictures, one of my biggest fears was that her helmet was too big. However, once I cracked one open, everything looked nicely in scale and was happy that the arms were articulated to the max. I really don't have any complaints. Sure we could have gotten knee joints, but she survives with out them.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #2 on: March 2, 2006, 07:21 PM »
She has 'em Anton.  :)  That's one of my pro's to her actually.  One of the reasons she got a positive review from me over a negative.  To me knee joints are not expendable in this day and age...  Even on lowly generals and officers that arne't "interesting" too much.  The knee joint makes them a better toy, and so goes Leia as well.  She's the best of the wave.

Her right forearm's sculpt is my complaint.  It's so pre-posed it negates the positives of articulation almost completely.  :(

But yeah she's gots the knees...  I love the sculpt too, it's so superior to its predecessor.  The helmet's oversized look is spot-on.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Dhivael

• Youngling
  • Dark Lord of the Sith
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 2, 2006, 07:46 PM »
Shes one of the two figures ive seen in TSC, and looks amazing in the package, im very pleased with her presence on my wall. The arm sculpting i do have to agreewith however. Overall one of my more enjoyable figures. :)
-Dhivael

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 3, 2006, 01:25 AM »
Holy crud! What was I smoking?  ???
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Darth Slothus

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 8, 2006, 05:42 PM »
Sum good chit?

Agree about Leia being the best in the wave :)

Offline 77Skywalker

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2006, 03:33 PM »
I picked this one up last week

Offline DrunkJedi

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2006, 04:52 PM »
I got this figure late Jan or early-mid Feb. I just realised last week the thermal detonator could clip into her belt.