Author Topic: Unleashed Battle Packs  (Read 39409 times)

Offline JayDouble

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Let The Wookie Win!
    • View Profile
Re: Unleashed Battle Packs
« Reply #60 on: January 16, 2006, 01:38 AM »
I'll be getting the Yoda & Chewie pack.

Offline MetalJedi

• Jedi Knight
  • The Risk Always Lives
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: January 16, 2006, 01:55 AM »
I wish they would of done these like the 3" McFarlane Sport Figures. And not thrown together. I like the Yoda and Aayla but not the Chewie and Tarful.  :-\
I remember my dream now.

Offline Holographic Elvis

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I'll punch you in the junk!
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: January 16, 2006, 03:15 PM »
Much cooler looking but I don't see myself buying any of these.  I'll only get whatever sets have Anakin and Vader down the road.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #63 on: January 17, 2006, 06:55 AM »
While I'm NOT pleased with this idea overall, some of the execution is cool.  I may be getting some like the Hoth Troopers just because they're the best little Hoth Troopers Hasbro's ever done (sadly). 

I think if these had been 3.75" 3-packs they'd honestly have gone over better, and that's not to say I'd have been happier, but if Hasbro had a format where the 3.75" line was the focus including Unleashed, I think it'd make everyone happier.  Make the basic line an articulation focused one, and make the 3-packs the odd deluxe thing here and there, and that'd be a bit more ideal...  I'd be more into a 3-pack of Hoth Troopers if I knew a SA one existed and they were all int he same scale and were complements instead of separate items.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline JayDouble

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Let The Wookie Win!
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: January 18, 2006, 07:56 PM »
I just saw the next wave at the local show.  They look a lot better than the first wave, paint shcemes are much improved.

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: January 25, 2006, 12:37 AM »
This look right to those of you collecting these?

Wave 1 - Revenge of the Sith

___ Battle Droids
___ Clone Troopers
___ Utapaun Commanders
___ Utapaun Warriors

Wave 2 - Revenge of the Sith

___ Aayla Secura's 327th Star Corps
___ Heroes of Felucia & Kashyyyk - Aayla Secura, Chewbacca, Tarfful, Yoda
___ Yoda's Elite Troopers - Commander Gree & 3 BARC Troopers
___ Wookiee Warriors

Wave 3 - Battle of Hoth

___ Imperial Snowtroopers
___ Rebel Alliance Troopers
___ Scouting the Crash Site - Han, Chewie, Probe Droid, Tauntaun

Offline Holographic Elvis

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I'll punch you in the junk!
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: January 25, 2006, 12:58 PM »
We got 3 cases of the new wave.  I just can't get into these.

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: January 25, 2006, 01:25 PM »
Me neither - I'm still not interested...though the OT wave sounds promising.

Maybe I'm just sick of prequel clones....blasphemy!

:-*

Offline bobafett14

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • Pennsylvania Star Wars Collectors Society
« Reply #68 on: January 25, 2006, 10:50 PM »
Looking for more/new opinions...

I too kind of shyed away at first with these.  I really liked  these little packs, but NOT at $9.99!  However, now, they seemed to be pretty darn impossible to find in my area (and a few other areas I looked) only seeing them the first week they came out.  Now I'm second guessing myself.  I guessed these suckers might hit clearance so I held off thinking I may be able to grab them around $5ish, which at that price I'd be all over them.

So, I have a contact that could grab them for me at $9.99.  Are these tough in everyone's area?  Still deciding if I should jump on it. Does anyone see them warming pegs anywhere (I only see the utapauu on shelves)

I don;t like spending $30 on 3 packs, but I don't want to kick myself in the rear later if they continue the line and bring out some really nice sets.  First time in a while i've been "iffy" on something like this.

Thanks.

Star Wars and toy Collector since 1978(age 7).  currently over 6,500 SW items in my personal collection. Collect modern/vintage and everything in-between ;^)

Offline Clone Hunter

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • Cybertronian Artifacts
« Reply #69 on: January 26, 2006, 07:22 PM »
I still see the Utapau natives, and saw 1 Cody squad today.

I also saw a case worth of the new ones. I only bought a Grees elite for a Barc paint guide.

I do not need a new scale in a new-to-me toyline, which is how I think most people feel. What really irratated me was that Hasbro was making figures in Unleashed that the were not making in the regular line. I guess that is changing though?
My trade thread: http://www.jedidefender.com/yabbse/index.php?topic=10408.0
Email is your best bet to contact me.

Offline Nathan

• Jedi Knight
  • Destroying the hobby one EU figure at a time.
    • View Profile
    • The Clone Wars Unofficial Site (in carbonite)
« Reply #70 on: February 8, 2006, 12:46 AM »
I recently picked up the Wookiee Warriors and 327th Star Corps sets. Totally bitchin'. ;D You guys say what you want about these, but *sigh* I'm sold on this line--although I foresee sticking to the prequel stuff only.

As army builders, these mini-Unleashed are more space- and money-economical than the 3.75". I can build awe-inspiring hordes of troopers much easier than I can with $6 fullsize figures. Plus, they're pretty sturdy and don't have the "sneeze and they'll blow away" aspect that turned me away from the WOTC minis (to say nothing of that whole randomizing thing). Believe it or not, I can actually see this line siphoning away some of the funds I would otherwise have spent on 3.75". My sole complaint is that they're really overpackaged, and seem a tad overpriced.

Let the stoning commence.
« Last Edit: February 8, 2006, 12:51 AM by Valin Kenobirific! »
Twitter: @OKeefeNathan
Blog: Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Fanboy (in carbonite since '09, back someday)

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: February 8, 2006, 11:58 AM »
I saw the newer Kashyyyk waves at Target last weekend, and had the Chewie/Yoda pack in hand for a while before deciding to put it back.  I was mainly tempted just to have the Chewie, but I'm going to wait for those Hoth packs.  The line doesn't look too bad for building a "scene" type of thing, but I'm trying to trim the budget back this year the way it is and I don't know if I can take on any other lines.  When they start releasing OT-based packs, it might be a little more tempting.  I know I'll probably pick up that upcoming Hoth Han/Chewie/Tauntaun pack at least :).

SilverZ

« Reply #72 on: February 11, 2006, 09:14 PM »
Well, that new Hoth playset and snowspeeder for the line have me a LOT more interested in the line now. If they're going to be build vehicles into this, it's a whole different ballgame. I guess I'm in.

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: February 11, 2006, 09:30 PM »
Lot of other folks to, by the looks of things.  They finally showed up around here at TRU and are selling really well.  I've seen them on trips to the US and they aren't as bad as I expected.  Frankly I think they'd have sold better if they hadn't tried to make the association with the Unleashed.  Launching it as an entirely new product just would have made more sense and had no associated backlash. 
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Reid

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: February 11, 2006, 10:36 PM »
At my Target these are 'Egwarmin' like the backside of a Missouri Fritter.