Author Topic: Unleashed Battle Packs  (Read 39257 times)

Offline Holographic Elvis

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I'll punch you in the junk!
    • View Profile
Re: Unleashed Battle Packs
« Reply #75 on: February 12, 2006, 12:50 AM »
My store sells through these, surprisingly.  I'm intrigued by playsets and vehicles but just can't bite on these.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: February 14, 2006, 03:58 PM »
So what did everyone think of the stuff shown at Toy Fair, specifically the "playset/vehicle" aspect coming to the line?  I haven't bought any of these so far, but I'm considering getting some of the Hoth stuff coming up (at least the Han/Tauntaun/Chewie pack).  I could see where it could be great for setting up a diorama, with the stuff like the Snowspeeder and other "playset" like pieces.  I'll probably have to stay away, just because I don't have the budget or space for it, but it could make for a nice line if they expand it in this way.  Anyone collecting these, or thinking about it...and either way, what did you think of what was shown at Toy Fair (which really wasn't a lot).

Offline Nathan

• Jedi Knight
  • Destroying the hobby one EU figure at a time.
    • View Profile
    • The Clone Wars Unofficial Site (in carbonite)
« Reply #77 on: February 14, 2006, 04:24 PM »
So far I have:
Kashyyyk and Felucia Heroes
Felucia 327th
Battle Droids
2x Wookiee Warriors

Back to your question, Brian, I really like the idea of playsets and vehicles. Although due to space and budget I'll be restricting myself to mostly PT stuff, so the Hoth series doesn't do much for me.

I hope this line continues for a good long time. In particular, I'm looking forward to a Battle of Geonosis series, with all sorts of soldiers, Hailfires, AT-TE, etc. Or even (dare I dream?) Expanded Universe stuff, like they're doing in the WOTC minis line.

As soon as they start cranking out the AOTC "old-school" clonetroopers, I'll be all over 'em like slime on a Hutt. 8)
« Last Edit: February 14, 2006, 04:26 PM by Valin Kenobirific! »
Twitter: @OKeefeNathan
Blog: Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Fanboy (in carbonite since '09, back someday)

Offline starwax137

• Jedi Initiate
  • Go away.
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: February 16, 2006, 06:32 PM »
Personally, I think these would do a lot better if they weren't called 'Unleashed'. I think people are just boycotting these because they're upset about Hasbro not releasing any 7"ers this year and that people might give them more of a chance if they were presented under different circumstances.

Offline Madcow

• Jedi Padawan
  • Isn't the Wokling cute? LOOK AT IT! LOOK AT IT!
    • View Profile
Re: Unleashed figures
« Reply #79 on: March 2, 2006, 09:42 AM »
I just picked up the Wookiee Warriors and Heroes Battle Packs last night from Target. These are really cool and I love the size. I only wanted the Tarfull and Chewie from the Heroes set so if anyone needs the Yoda or Aayla Secura they'll be up for trade in the forums...

Offline Nathan

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: March 9, 2006, 01:17 AM »
http://www.starwars.com/collecting/news/hasbro/news20060308.html

Lookin' good, but I believe I will stick to the PT for these.

Offline John C

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: March 9, 2006, 09:20 AM »
I haven't been picking up any of this line so far, but I will grab those Hoth sets.  The snowspeeder and the laser cannon look really good.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: March 9, 2006, 10:10 AM »
Same here...I haven't been picking up any of these so far, but the Hoth sets will be awfully tempting.  They do look kind of neat to me, and remind me quite a bit of the old Micro Collection in the vintage days.  You could probably set up a pretty nice Hoth diorama once all the sets are out too.  I might be picking up some of the OT sets, we'll see.

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #83 on: March 9, 2006, 10:16 AM »
I wonder how much these sets will end up costing...

Think they will be the same as the rest or think they will try to squeeze a few more bucks out of you to get them?

I don't think the Snowspeeder or Cannon will fit on the standard card so it will be interesting to see how they package them.
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Madcow

• Jedi Padawan
  • Isn't the Wokling cute? LOOK AT IT! LOOK AT IT!
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: March 9, 2006, 11:23 AM »
I wonder how much these sets will end up costing...

Think they will be the same as the rest or think they will try to squeeze a few more bucks out of you to get them?

I don't think the Snowspeeder or Cannon will fit on the standard card so it will be interesting to see how they package them.

They'll most likely be more $ since they're larger in size. They are also going to come boxed instead of carded. There's a pic somewhere online of what the box looks like...

Offline Nathan

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: March 22, 2006, 06:24 PM »
The other day I picked up the Utapau 212th set. At this point, I honestly prefer these to the 3.75".

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile

Offline Nathan

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: April 2, 2006, 03:29 AM »
BTW, here is RebelScum's rumor list for after Hoth:

Jedi Masters
 -- I'm guessing it's Mace, Saesee, Agen Kolar, and Kit Fisto from the Palpy office confrontation.

New Empire
-- not sure what this would be.

The Star Destroyer bridge at the end? Palpy, Vader, Tarkin, & generic officer? That would be nifty, but I really don't see them going this obscure so early in the line.

Maybe just some ROTS clonetroopers in plain white armor, with a generic Imperial officer.

Or, if we take it as a literal reference to "my new empire", maybe it's Obi, Mustafar Padme, pre-crispy Vader, and .... what, 3PO?

Vader's (501st) Legion

Shocktroopers
« Last Edit: April 2, 2006, 03:30 AM by Valin Kenobirific! »

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: April 2, 2006, 02:37 PM »
I saw a number of the older sets about a week ago in store for the first time, and I was surprisingly impressed with them.  The paint apps appear to be very well done (certainly worlds ahead of the WOTC Miniatures) and the poses seem a lot more dynamic in person than in pics online.  Hell, even the Utapaun Warriors looked good.  I won't be collecting them in an effort to avoid another line to collect, but I was impressed nonetheless.

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: April 2, 2006, 04:12 PM »
I'd pick up the 501st and Shock Troopers.