Author Topic: Unleashed Battle Packs  (Read 39253 times)

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Re: Unleashed Battle Packs
« Reply #90 on: April 3, 2006, 10:21 AM »
I actually don't think these look too bad either, for what they are, but I'm trying to avoid another line as well.  That said, there's a good chance I'll pick up the Hoth stuff if it looks good...and we'll see what OT sets come after that, if any.  I don't know if this is the trend that others are seeing, but they are really just packed on the pegs around here...no matter what set it is.  I don't go through them normally anymore, but I know I always see plenty of the first couple of waves...so much so that they're usually spilling over on the pegs where the basic figures are supposed to be (particularly at WM).

Offline speedermike

• Jedi Apprentice
  • He doesn't like you...
    • View Profile
    • MichaelRex.com
« Reply #91 on: April 7, 2006, 08:49 PM »
I started with these last week while I was looking for 3.75 figures and not finding anything.  I bought one set for kicks, and have since picked up four others.  The sets have a nice "toyish" feeling.  I'm looking forward to the ESB sets, but I'm curious about what's after that. I'd love some Sandpeople or Cantina characters.

So, yeah, I'm in and I started another line.  On the other hand, I've passed on the Sideshow 12" figures after hoping for years that I they would produce SW stuff.
Children's Book Author and Illustrator   mikerexbooks.blogspot.com

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #92 on: April 8, 2006, 12:18 PM »
I'm looking forward to the ESB sets, but I'm curious about what's after that. I'd love some Sandpeople or Cantina characters.

A few posts back, Nathan posted some info on "what's next" after the Hoth wave...

BTW, here is RebelScum's rumor list for after Hoth:

Jedi Masters
 -- I'm guessing it's Mace, Saesee, Agen Kolar, and Kit Fisto from the Palpy office confrontation.

New Empire
-- not sure what this would be.

The Star Destroyer bridge at the end? Palpy, Vader, Tarkin, & generic officer? That would be nifty, but I really don't see them going this obscure so early in the line.

Maybe just some ROTS clonetroopers in plain white armor, with a generic Imperial officer.

Or, if we take it as a literal reference to "my new empire", maybe it's Obi, Mustafar Padme, pre-crispy Vader, and .... what, 3PO?

Vader's (501st) Legion

Shocktroopers

Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #93 on: April 12, 2006, 01:02 AM »
Don't forget to check out our new Hoth Boxed Set photos!   ;)

I'm not really into this line, but these Hoth sets are really going to test me.  Between these Hoth box sets and the two waves of Hoth figure packs, it'd be real easy to slip into this line...  :-\

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: April 12, 2006, 09:35 AM »
You could just buy the Hoth sets - that's my plan.  I really have no interest in anything that's been released up to now.

Offline John C

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: April 12, 2006, 09:42 AM »
Those new pictures are really tempting me.  They do remind me of the old school Micros.  I would buy Bespin sets and Death star sets if they made them.  A Falcon would be good, too.

Offline Nathan

• Jedi Knight
  • Destroying the hobby one EU figure at a time.
    • View Profile
    • The Clone Wars Unofficial Site (in carbonite)
« Reply #96 on: April 13, 2006, 04:24 PM »
Carded Hoth sets -- commence drooling

Prequel ... sets ... only.... Must ... resist ....
Twitter: @OKeefeNathan
Blog: Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Fanboy (in carbonite since '09, back someday)

Offline Nathan

• Jedi Knight
  • Destroying the hobby one EU figure at a time.
    • View Profile
    • The Clone Wars Unofficial Site (in carbonite)
« Reply #97 on: April 28, 2006, 01:23 AM »
Twitter: @OKeefeNathan
Blog: Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Fanboy (in carbonite since '09, back someday)

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: April 28, 2006, 10:22 AM »
Hoth sets in hi-res

Well those are fairly disappointing to me.  I don't buy this line, but nothing there is going to encourage me to do so.  Where's the Wampa?  Where are the Imperials? 
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #99 on: April 28, 2006, 11:32 AM »
Well those are fairly disappointing to me.  I don't buy this line, but nothing there is going to encourage me to do so.  Where's the Wampa?  Where are the Imperials? 

Um... The Rebel sets there are Hoth Wave 1 sets. 

The Wampa and Imps are in Hoth Wave 2 sets:

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: April 28, 2006, 12:12 PM »
Jeff, that would require me to make an effort to find that stuff.  I clicked on the link, saw only troopers and tauntauns and left my comment.  If you guys aren't going to hold the spoon for me, how do you expect me to feed ::) ;)

Ok, I was lazy, thanks for the additional pics.  Those look better, but I refuse to buy anything out of this line.  I just don't quite see the point about having both this line and the miniature universe stuff. 

BTW, is that AT-AT driver doing the pump you up pose or is it just me ;)

And while we on the aside comment thing, wouldn't an SA snowtrooper be cool to have so you could have a figure in the pose on the left side of the snowtrooper picture Jeff provided?  Naw, static, leg spread snowtroopers are way cooler.
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #101 on: June 24, 2006, 07:08 AM »
Man, apparently folks ain't diggin' this line, or just haven't found anything new in a couple months now...  Any Hoth set sitings from anyone here yet?  None here, but I'm anxiously awaiting their arrival.  Sorry, but as I rather suspected from the announcement of this line, I think I'm going to dig these (especially if they're somewhat similar to the LOTR line).  Now that the OT sets are finally rolling out, I'm definitely in - 100%.

Plus, RS just listed the next sets on the way for 2007, all from ANH, as follows:

Commanders (Rebels, Imperials, or both?)
Rebel Blockade Troopers (Hopefully they include Antilles)
Imperial Stormtroopers
Luke Skywalker & The Droids (but who's the fourth?  R5-D4?)
Cantina Encounter (guessing Ben, Evazan, Ponda, and... hopefully not another Luke)
Imperial Sandtroopers (black, white, orange & grey, hopefully)
Tusken Raiders
Jawas & Droids (guessing 2 Jawas, and hopefully the Treadwell and R1 droids, if R5 is in the other set)

Good stuff.  I'm diggin' it.  I'm expecting that the OT Unleashed sets will likely sell a good bit better than the ROTS ones that they started out with - since I still contend that collectors buy WAY more of this stuff than kids do.  But I still want to see some bigger playsets for these.  We're definitely gonna need a Cantina now, and a Blockade Runner hallway, at least.  Do it Hasbro!

So, anyone else into this line, or shall I just continue on with this conversation by myself in here?  :P
« Last Edit: June 24, 2006, 07:09 AM by JediMAC »

Offline Holographic Elvis

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I'll punch you in the junk!
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: June 24, 2006, 10:23 PM »
You're talkin to yourself Matt, no doubt.  These things suck.

Offline JayDouble

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Let The Wookie Win!
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: July 8, 2006, 09:09 PM »
Saw the Hoth box set today at TRU. 

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: July 9, 2006, 12:04 AM »
ditto.  I didn't care to look at the packaging too closely, but it had the snowspeeder on it.  I wasn't aware (nor did I care) if there were figures in it.

I loathe the tiny unleashed line.  I'm looking forward to the Target re-releases of the bigger guys in the tube packaging as I missed out on a few. 
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN