Author Topic: Color of Omega Squads Armor  (Read 2759 times)

Offline Fritzkrieg

• Jedi Padawan
  • Don't make me destroy you.
    • View Profile
Color of Omega Squads Armor
« on: March 5, 2006, 12:33 PM »
I don't know how many of you guys a reading Republic Commando,s "Triple Zero", but the Color of Omega Squad's New Armor is Stealth Black. The Cover art is of Delta Squad from the Game which doesn't make alot of sence because they just have a Cameo Part in the Book. When I get a couple of Extra Scorches I'll be Making an Omega Squad Commando.
Fritzkrieg

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Re: Color of Omega Squads Armor
« Reply #1 on: March 5, 2006, 01:56 PM »
Sounds cool Fritz, I plan on once I get a few Commandos (or if I get a few more) to paint them all white with very little exta coloring.

:P

Offline Ruprecht

• Jedi Initiate
  • Yes I did say it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 5, 2006, 06:17 PM »
That's a great book.  I've never read a SW book, and I couldn't put it down.  It took me about a day to finish, which is very rare for me.

I've been thinking of doing the same thing as you Fritz.  I just have a hard time envisioning them all black, with no contrast except for their visors and assorted electronic displays on their packs and guns.  Maybe I'll do one, and if it looks like crap, it'll be my only one.  Who knows, maybe it'll kick arse.  It'd be nice if some of the SW concept artists would provide some Omega squad artwork.

Have you settled on the exact color black?  I was thinking of putting a shade of dark gray under a thin coating of black for mine, in hopes of achieving what looks black, yet changes ever so slightly depending on the angle you view it.

I also don't remember the book describing their kit contents, aside from the "Deece."  Maybe all RC squads have the same packs as Delta, given each of them specialize in 1 of 4 areas of expertise. 

Offline JediDre

• Jedi Initiate
  • Fine barn it be, but no pool it tis.
    • View Profile
    • The LWWF...we don't care.
« Reply #3 on: March 5, 2006, 08:04 PM »

Have you settled on the exact color black?  I was thinking of putting a shade of dark gray under a thin coating of black for mine, in hopes of achieving what looks black, yet changes ever so slightly depending on the angle you view it.

I also don't remember the book describing their kit contents, aside from the "Deece."  Maybe all RC squads have the same packs as Delta, given each of them specialize in 1 of 4 areas of expertise. 

They said in the book that it was a matte black.  Which leads me to believe that there are no color differences anywhere on the armor.  Could be like the Stealth X's...wiht out the star pattern of course.  I believe that every Republic Commando(not RC's, or commandos, or cannon fodder, or shiny boys...I like that line from Skirata) has the same kit/backpack, but just customized to his speciality.  I'm hoping to find another Scorch so I can make an Omaga squad guy...probably Darman, and hopfully with a removable bucket.

Dre
I find her attractive because she's a clinet and she sleeps above the covers....FOUR FEET above the covers!!