Author Topic: Vehicles Of The Republic And Empire  (Read 3653 times)

Offline Reid

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
Vehicles Of The Republic And Empire
« on: March 4, 2006, 12:53 PM »
Well, since Clone Commander is doing an article on the troopers of the Republic and Empire, why not complement it with a Vehicles thread? I'll start with Republic Ships.

BARC Speeder:

BARC Speeders were speedy, light craft used by Republic forces on various battlefields during the Clone Wars. They were equipped with two dual blaster cannons, and sometimes, but not often, a single grenade launcher.

V-19 Torrent Starfighter:

V-19s were fast, agile craft used by the Republic in the Clone Wars. They were not available during the opening battle of the Clone Wars, Geonosis, as the Clone Pilots had not been trained enough to fly the V-19s during the Battle Of Geonosis.

LAAT Republic Gunship:

These hulking troop carriers debuted on Geonosis, the opening battle of the Clone Wars. They were a welcome sight to wounded Clone Troopers, and there was also a version of the LAAT that could hold and drop off AT-TEs into battle. They had many blaster cannons and a payload of missiles.

AT-TE:

The AT-TE was a dreaded sight to CIS Forces, and for good reason. This huge behemoth could simply crush CIS forces, or devastate CIS Vehicles with its many missles and blaster cannons. The AT-TE had thick armor plating and storage for troopers and supplies.

V-Wing:

V-Wings were developed later in the Clone Wars. They had incredible speed, blaster cannons and missile and grenade launchers. When Palpatine declared Order 66 and the Republic became the Empire, the V-Wings were one of the first ships in the Imperial Navy.

ARC-170 Starfighter:

ARC-170s were durable fighters that debuted around 8 months into the war, along with the V-19. They were long range fighters, and could last for a couple weeks without backup. They were truly a feared sight to Droid Starfighters.

Jedi Starfighter:

Jedi Starfighters were the official starfighters of the Jedi Order and for a short time, the clones. It was equipped with dual blaster cannons and a built-in astromech unit. It did not have a hyperdrive, but it could connect to a hyperdrive ring.

Jedi Interceptor:

Jedi Interceptors were faster and more agile than their sister ship, the Jedi Starfighter. They too had no hyperdrive, but could still connect to a hyperdrive ring.

TX-130 Fighter Tank:

The TX-130 Fighter Tank was very durable and considered the "Jedi Starfighter" of ground combat. It had room for a pilot, usually a high-ranking clone trooper or ARC trooper, and room for a gunner. The gunners seat could be substituted for an astromech unit port. The TX-130 was used on battlefields like Geonosis and Tatooine. The Tank was so popular that it was still used during the time of the Empire.

AT-XT:

The AT-XT (All-Terrain Experimental Transport) was used for a short period of time during the early stages of the Clone Wars. It was never mass-produced, but its legacy lived on through the later AT-RT and Imperial AT-ST.

AT-RT:

AT-RTs (All Terrain Reconassince Transport) were developed during the final stages of the Clone Wars. It had a single repeating blaster cannon mounted on the chin of the vehicle. One of the drawbacks of the AT-RT was that the driver was open to enemy fire. It was used heavily during the outer rim seiges, on such worlds like Felucia, Utapua, and Kashyyyk.

AT-OT:

This walker was used to deploy a large number of troops into enemy territory. It had four mounted blasters, two on the front, and two on the back. It saw use on worlds like Felucia and Vorgan V.

UT-AT:

The UT-AT (Unstable Terrain Artillery Transport) is an extremley durable, heavy armored transport supported by eight rows of repulsorlift skis. It was mainly used on snow worlds during the Clone Wars, and it was heavily used on Mygeeto under the command of cold weather clone commander Bacara and his Galactic Marine Snowtroopers.

AT-AP:

The sight of a squad of AT-APs are enough to make a Neimodian General retreat his droid forces. These walkers have two heavy cannons and a retractable third leg. For that, it has been nicknamed "Astromech" by clone commanders. It saw heavy use during the hellish Battle Of Felucia.

SPHA-T:

The SPHA-T is basicley "a giant gun battery with legs" as some clone troopers call it. Its most famous use was during the Battle Of Geonosis, were a few SPHA-Ts took down an entire Trade Fed Core Ship. SPHA-Ts also function as mobile Republic Outposts.

Republic Assault Gunboat:

Republic Assault Gunboats, although not as popular as their cousin, the LAAT Gunship, were a troop-deployment vehicle during the Clone Wars. During the aftermath of the Battle Of Utapau, when the Republic became an Empire and Order 66 was executed, a Gunboat searched for Obi-Wan Kenobi in the depths of a sinkhole.

Republic Carrier:

On worlds were there was no space for a Acclamator-Class or Venator-Class Ship to land, the Republic sent a Republic Carrier. A Carrier went to Yavin IV to rescue Anakin Skywalker, but the ship was destroyed by Assajj Ventress.

Acclamator-Class Attack Ship:

Acclamator-Class Attack Ships were used thoroughly during the Clone Wars. They could land on a planets surface to deploy troops and heavy vehicles.

Republic Star Destroyer:

The Republic Star Destroyer was not developed for troop deployment, (Although that was a popular use of it) but for ship-to-ship combat. It had a tough, durable hull, and many turbolaser batterys. Republic Star Destroyers fought valiently during the epic Battle Of Coruscant. When the Republic dissolved and the Empire took its place, Imperial Forces painted their Republic Star Destroyers in a bleak grey paint, a symbol of what was to come.

Swamp Speeder:

Swamp Speeders were favored by Clone Troopers for their speed and medium armor plating. They were used during the outer rim seiges on worlds such as Kashyyyk and Felucia.

Juggernaut:

These mammoth tanks assisted Commander Gree and his Scout Troopers on Kashyyyk. They had heavy armor plating and many missiles. They were used even during the Galactic Civil War, Thrawn Crisis, and the Yuuzon Vong Threat.

A New Order:

Around 6 years into the 20-year period where Obi-Wan watched over Luke, the Empire changed their ships, armor, and weapons.

Imperial Speeder Bike:

Originally developed during the legendary Clone Wars, these agile, light craft were used by Scout Troopers and Stormtroopers. They have a single repeating blaster.

TIE Fighter:

The sight of a TIE Fighter is enough to make a smuggler want to change his course. The main starship of the Galactic Empire is equipped with blaster cannons and several heavy missile launchers. It is a very fast craft, but it lacks a hyperdrive or shields. However, later models of the TIE Fighter have shields and a hyperdrive included.

TIE Interceptor:

Seeing its debut at the Battle Of Endor is the TIE Interceptor. Much more faster and agile than the standard TIE Fighter, the TIE Interceptor was a deadly threat to the Rebel Alliance.

TIE Bomber:

TIE Bombers are lethal craft thats main purpose is to deliver payloads of bombs. Borrowing deseign elements from the TIE Advanced x1, the TIE Bomber has a pilot seat and a bombadier seat.

TIE Defender:

TIE Defenders were a great threat to the Rebellion. Its strange deseign made it very manuaverable, and it had many blaster cannons.

TIE Scout:

The TIE Scout was deseigned to scout out Rebel bases, hence the name. It was equipped with a powerful Class-2 Hyperdrive. One major drawback is that the TIE Scout was expensive to make.

TIE Advanced x1:

This ship was the Sith Lord Darth Vaders personal starfighter. Many rebel pilots died with Vader at the controls of this vessel.

Theta-Class Imperial Shuttle:

Palpatines ship of choice during his rise to power, the Theta-Class was a well-equipped vessel. It had multiple blaster cannons, a class-1 hyperdrive, and a payload of missiles.

Lambda-Class Imperial Shuttle:

Similar to the Theta-Class, the Lambda-Class was a shuttle used by Palpatine, Vader, and high-ranking Officers. It was used alongside the Theta-Class.

Imperial Landing Craft:

The Imperial Landing Craft is a troop-deployment ship, similar to the shuttles of the time, but better armed than the shuttles. One of these ships was used to drop a legion of sandtroopers to search for the stolen Death Star plans on Tatooine.

Dreadnaught Heavy Cruiser:

Though outdated, the Dreadnaught Heavy Cruiser is a feared and respected ship in the Imperial Navy. It was developed even before the Clone Wars, making it the oldest type of vessel to serve in the Imperial Fleet.

Tartan Patrol Cruiser:

During the early years of the Empire, the Tartan Patrol Cruiser was created to deal with the increasing threat of piracy and space rebellion. It is deseigned to deal with small, fast moving craft.

Broadside Missile Cruiser:

Created in the early stages of the Galactic Civil War, the Broadside Missile Cruiser functions as a long-range missile ship. It has exceptional speed and maneuverability, but light armor.

Star Destroyer:

The Imperial Star Destroyer is one of the largest in the Imperial Navy. It boasts multiple gun batteries, turbolaser stations, tractor beam projectors, an entire Stormtrooper division, and a hangar bay to carry smaller Imperial ships.

Super Star Destroyer:

The largest ship in the Imperial Navy, the Imperial Super Star Destroyer is simply a gargantuan ship. The most famous Super Star Destroyer is Lord Vaders flagship, the Executor. It had almost 10 times as much weaponry as a standard Star Destroyer.

AT-ST:

The main ground vehicle of the Imperial Army, the AT-ST is a formidable walker. It is equipped with twin repeating blasters, remote rockets, and cluster missiles. It is often seen flanking AT-ATs and serving as a reconnassince and patrol vehicle.

TIE Mauler:

Based on the TIE Starship, the TIE Mauler was a later addition the Imperial Army. It is equipped with triple blaster cannons and cluster missiles.

SPMA-T:

A smaller version of a vehicle that appeared early in the Clone Wars, the SPMA-T is a deadly craft. They are usually accompanied by two TIE Maulers, for they lack heavy armor and speed. They have a single gun turret on them.

AT-AA:

A vehicle that has been in the making since the Clone Wars, the AT-AA (All Terrain Anti Aircraft) is a craft that makes Rebel Pilots gulp. It is equipped with heavy anti aircraft ordinance, but no defensive weapons. Because of this, AT-AAs rarely travel alone.

AT-AT:

The pride of the Imperial Army, the bane of the Rebel Alliance, the AT-AT (All Terrain Armored Transport) is a horrifying sight on the scopes of Rebel Officers. Like Imperial Philosophy, it favors fear over function, but it is still an effective walker nonetheless. It has mulptiple weapons, the most powerful being two chin mounted heavy blaster cannons. It has enough room to carry 40 troops and 5 speeder bikes. It is piloted by elite stormtrooper corps, and a commander. The AT-AT was thought to be completely invincible, but a young farmboy turned jedi apprentice changed all that...

« Last Edit: March 19, 2006, 10:04 AM by HunterofThePegs »

Offline Reid

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
Re: Vehicles Of The Republic And Empire
« Reply #1 on: March 4, 2006, 04:05 PM »
Well, I finished all the Republic Vehicles, sometime today or tomorrow I'll start doing Imperial Vehicles. PM me if I forgot a Republic Vehicle.

Offline Greg

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 4, 2006, 04:53 PM »
Nitpicking here, but where is the Juggernaut, Swamp Speeder, normal Speeder Bike, or AT-AT.

Offline Reid

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 4, 2006, 04:56 PM »
Nitpicking here, but where is the Juggernaut, Swamp Speeder, normal Speeder Bike, or AT-AT.

Forgot the Swamp Speeder, (I'll do it) but I'm placing the Speeder Bike, AT-AT, and Jug in the Imperial Section (Which I'll do now).

Offline Clone Commander

• Jedi Padawan
  • I ate my Lama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 4, 2006, 06:26 PM »
 :o Nice!
This is quite usefull, I like the Republic section the most.
Very very cool!
Clone Commander Appo.

Offline Reid

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 4, 2006, 07:31 PM »
Well... I'm done, but if anyone can think of a vehicle I forgot, just drop me a PM.

Offline Greg

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 5, 2006, 11:09 AM »
Ya know, if I had the time, or knew how to post pictures, I would be right on top of doing this for the Confederacy of Independent Systems.

Offline jedipurge

• Jedi Apprentice
  • follow me on Instagram: VadersEmpire78
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2006, 03:17 PM »
great pics, at least the ones I can see.  lot of red x's.  that's the best at-ot and v-wing pic i've seen so far.  but know matter how many searches i do i can never find a focased, large pic of the LAAT vehicle drop ship.  i'm wanting to do a custom of it.
Harmless is the most dangerous of perceptions, you never expect it to strike.-Purge

Offline Smartypants1635

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
    • Sith empire
« Reply #8 on: March 23, 2006, 09:03 PM »
Where is the skipray blastboat I had to fight off tons of those in X wing alliance. And you missed AT-PT