Author Topic: Aayla Secura finished  (Read 29495 times)

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
Re: Aayla Secura naked! - wip
« Reply #45 on: March 16, 2006, 10:17 PM »
Here is a picture of Aayla with that sleave I talked about today. I've since taken it off and will tonight try out InRem's gauze idea.

This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline In Rem

• Jedi Initiate
  • Objection!
    • View Profile
    • Hobbygeek.com
« Reply #46 on: March 16, 2006, 10:21 PM »
The material on the torso looks great. I think you're right that you need a better solution for that arm - it looks like she's wearing a heavy jacket.

Good luck with the gauze!

Offline RichardTheBloody

• Jedi Initiate
  • I find your lack of pants...disturbing...
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: March 16, 2006, 10:42 PM »
Now that it's <almost> too late to suggest stuff...why not use a latex balloon for the sleeve/shirt? I would imagine the paint you used wouldn't harm it too much, then again i've never worked with latex and paint. I saw on a 1/6th forum someone used a balloon for a tube top or something...tho your mileage may vary. Otherwise an awesome job man :)

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: March 16, 2006, 10:58 PM »
A balloon huh? That's an interesting idea. I'm going to have to try that on my next jedi.

Anyway, Brent asked what color mix I used for that color. I use Tamiya Sky Blue, Flat White and Neutral Grey. It's probably 70% white, 15% blue, 15% grey. Not sure since I added color constrantly as I mixed and compared to the head.

I'll have a picture with the gauze idea later.

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: March 17, 2006, 01:30 AM »
Here it is with the gauze. It definately has texture but I think too much blue is showing thru. That is basically an olive green with a dry brush of black. I think I need to dry brush olive green again. The shoes also need to be painted and the belt needs to be fashioned.

Offline In Rem

• Jedi Initiate
  • Objection!
    • View Profile
    • Hobbygeek.com
« Reply #50 on: March 17, 2006, 01:36 AM »
That didn't come out too bad, though!

Maybe if you do a basecoat of black and then gauze over the olive green?

It has some mass to it (from the look of the pic anyway)...

Is she getting a softgoods skirt of any kind? The pelvis on the micro lady always strikes me as... well... odd :)

This is coming along beautifully.

Offline Fritzkrieg

• Jedi Padawan
  • Don't make me destroy you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: March 17, 2006, 06:39 AM »
Great Job!

I love the Soft goods. How does the Paint hold up for Posability? I really need to find some of these Micro Men at an afordable Price.

Keep up the Great Work1
Fritzkrieg

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: March 17, 2006, 09:58 AM »
I think the flash shows off glare that seems to make the paint look strange. If you look at it under normal light it looks really good. I'll touch it up towards the end.

She is getting a softgoods skirt. Darth_Ripley sent me a huge amount of leather for this project. I'm planning on putting that on tonight and painting the boots.

Painting a microman figure really works well. It takes paint typically in one cote and doesn't peal off at the joints like hasbro plastic does.  I've posed my slave girl leia in lots of poses and the paint doesn't come off at the joints. The nice thing about these figures is they are very easy to take apart and they go back together tightly.

I get my micromen from Zira28 on ebay. She sells them for a buy it now of $6.49 with $7.00 shipping for Japan. Great deal and she gets them here within 3-4 days. They come in lots of colors and chest sizes. I'd recomend the medium since large and xlarge are a little hard to work with.

Offline RichardTheBloody

• Jedi Initiate
  • I find your lack of pants...disturbing...
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: March 17, 2006, 01:43 PM »
Here it is with the gauze. It definately has texture but I think too much blue is showing thru. That is basically an olive green with a dry brush of black. I think I need to dry brush olive green again. The shoes also need to be painted and the belt needs to be fashioned.

Man that looks incredible! At first glance, even at this stage it looks perfect. I can't wait to see her finished. :o

Offline findswoman

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • The Findswoman Collection
« Reply #54 on: March 18, 2006, 12:11 AM »
Wow, these Microlady bodies are really incredible -- like a Cy Girl, only 3.75!  The Aayla head looks really great on this body -- perfect proportional fit -- great job getting the light blue paint colors to match, too.  That's definitely not easy.

I wonder if a cool, softgoodsy-yet-fitting sleeve for the left arm could be made with... gasp... some material from a cut-up pair of black or dark brown nylon stockings?  Just sew a sort of a thin tube and slip it on?  Just a thought.  Of course, I'm prejudiced, as you know...  :D

Looking forward to seeing what the leather skirt -- should be most snazzy.  Keep up the great work, as always, Phruby!

... the Findswoman

Offline Jedi_Assassin

• Jedi Initiate
  • My people are dead, I shall have revenge.
    • View Profile
    • My Xanga
« Reply #55 on: March 18, 2006, 07:17 AM »
Hasbro should do a line of Amidala figs with soft goods chothes, but with micro lady bodies.

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
Re: Aayla Secura finished
« Reply #56 on: March 18, 2006, 10:26 AM »
She's finished. I've added the leather from Darth_Ripley to her belt. She is also wearing shoes but I don't think you can see the color change in these pictures.

Come get some!
« Last Edit: March 18, 2006, 10:30 AM by Master_Phruby »

Offline Darth_Ennis

• Jedi Padawan
  • The beatings will continue until morale improves!
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: March 18, 2006, 10:54 AM »

Come get some!

Now this is how Felucia should have gone.  ;)

This is an excellent job Phruby, but then again I knew it would be. ;D The small leather strip really made her belt stand out. Now Im really going to have to get a few of these. Of course now that I think about it there is a Catwoman hanging off the shelf over at the comic shop. I may have to pick that one up.

Offline findswoman

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • The Findswoman Collection
« Reply #58 on: March 18, 2006, 11:03 AM »
Great finished product, Phruby!  I like the way she turned out.  The skirt looks excellent, very true to the character.

And responding to Alderaan Guardian's comment...
Hasbro should do a line of Amidala figs with soft goods chothes, but with micro lady bodies.

Oh man, that would be lovely beyond words, but it would also be expensive beyond words!  :)

... the Findswoman

Offline In Rem

• Jedi Initiate
  • Objection!
    • View Profile
    • Hobbygeek.com
« Reply #59 on: March 18, 2006, 12:35 PM »
Wow, Phruby! This came out exceptionally well. This is one of the better Microlady conversions I've ever seen.

Congratulations on a job well done, man!