Author Topic: Another newbie has landed  (Read 2701 times)

Offline jadesfire

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
Another newbie has landed
« on: May 8, 2003, 04:20 PM »
I had an invite from T-Bone to check this place out and I liked what I saw so I decided to join in the fun.  

I hail from Michigan (Upper Michigan to be exact) and have been collecting star wars since..oh before most of you were born  ;).  I got my first taste of it in the summer of 1977 when my brother sent for me to come downstate to see it (we only had one theatre here at the time and he knew it wouldn't arrive until July or so) and have been hooked ever since.  I was lucky that my older brother was a collector of stuff already and so he just expanded on the Star Wars line.  When he passed away in 1990 my parents let me keep that part of his collection and it has really taken off since then.  

Well, thats the scoop on me.   I'm looking forward to finding old friends on these boards and making new ones.
Beth

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Re: Another newbie has landed
« Reply #1 on: May 8, 2003, 04:35 PM »
Welcome Beth!   Glad you found your way here, I should have extended an invite a while ago...hope you enjoy your time here!

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 8, 2003, 05:01 PM »
Cool, someone not born in the 80s.  Not that those born then are bad, they're great.  Just that I was born a wee bit earlier.

welcome.
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #3 on: May 8, 2003, 08:05 PM »
Welcome to Cheers...uh, I mean JediDefender, Beth!  Always great to have another lady around - should hopefully keep us boys in line a little more - which is a good thing.   ;)  CouresantCourtesan has adapted all too well, and is already letting our shenanigans slide way too much...   ;D

I've seen you around the boards a fair amount, but have never properly intruced my self, so nice to finally meet you Beth.  I hope you enjoy JD here as much as the rest of us do.  It's a great place.  If you're looking to do more than just mindlessly read forum post after forum post, but actually want to make some good collecting friends, well then you've come to the right place...  Quite a knowledgeable and helpful bunch as well!  But I'm sure you'll find that out on your own...

OK, I'm going to stop blabbering now.   :P  Enjoy the site, and let us know if there's anything we can do for you.  See you on the boards...
- Matt

P.S.  Thanks for the referral Todd!   8)

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 8, 2003, 09:28 PM »
Welcome to JediDefender Beth. Very nice to have you here. Enjoy your stay.  :)

Offline Chris

• Founder
  • Administrator
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #5 on: May 8, 2003, 09:33 PM »
Welcome to JediDefender.com. If there is anything we can do to serve you better, be sure to let a staff member know. Thanks for joining! :)

Offline Angry Ewok

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • The Ewok Village Idiot
    • View Profile
    • www.TowheeStudio.com
« Reply #6 on: May 8, 2003, 10:19 PM »
Hope ya start calling us "home", Beth.  ;)

Offline FX-7

• Jedi Initiate
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 9, 2003, 10:12 AM »
Hello jadesfire!  This place is great!
Medical Droid Extrodinaire

Offline Snively Bandar

• Jedi Initiate
  • Hug a llama today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 9, 2003, 09:48 PM »
Welcome to the greatest show on earth Jadesfire!  This is a great place to hang your hat.  I'm sure you'll enjoy it here.  I sure do!   ;)

Offline proudfather2

• Jedi Initiate
  • Todd
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 10, 2003, 12:44 AM »
Glad you could make it Beth. I think you'll like it here.

Offline dustrho

• Jedi Knight
  • AWESOME
    • View Profile
    • SANDTROOPERS.com
« Reply #10 on: May 10, 2003, 06:23 PM »
Welcome jadesfire!  You're going to enjoy yourself to the fullest here.  Thanks for joining!
dustrho

Offline jadesfire

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 10, 2003, 10:16 PM »
Thanks everyone, I really like it here and have moved this to the top of my bookmark page.  

BTW, I followed your link in your signature OCB (I believe it was at GH) but I only hit the front page.  I guess I should have looked to the left , I would have gotten here sooner  ;) .
Beth